Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php, Ajax - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php, Ajax (2630 Views)

Flex Builder Tutorial / Using Some Dhtml Techniques / Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php And Ajax! / Moving To Oop Javascript/php Class Module Creation & Instantiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php, Ajax by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2009
Going Twice [I have posted something similar to this before but got no response so i allowed it to slide]
Though the other one - i did not expantiate - i will do that now.

[Client-Sided Validation]
This area deals with how to make sure the major fields in your form are filled before submission.
For instance if you are talking of a login form. It is important to make sure the username and password are filled.
In a registration form, maybe we are expecting area codes or 3 characters, we need to make sure that 3 numbers
of entered not 3 alphabets and not just any character like lol.

So we are talking about putting the right data types expected, not leaving blanks, and this also covers makin a textarea have a maximum length,

These stuffs are done in client-sided validation without reloading the page (and without wasting client's time)

[Server-Sided Validation]
Now you have submitted the necessary details, but u need to crosscheck some things with say a database, this is where
you now crosscheck the entered information to see if they are correct.
For instance the username/password must be checked against the records in the database,

This will usually reload the browser into the same page or different page.

[Ajax Validation]
This will combine both client and server-sided without leaving the page.

Going, going, gone!
After reviewing so many sites, i discover that form validation seem to be a major cause of problem.
If you are interested in how to validate forms properly, please raise up your hand.
Re: Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php, Ajax by OmniPotens(m): 5:19pm On Jan 23, 2009
:-x
Re: Form Validation Tutorial Using Javascript, Php, Ajax by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 23, 2009
Going thrice! This time there is no ban for even moderators

(1) (Reply)

CAN YOU REBRAND OUR BLOG...? name your fee / The Truth About Unlimited Web Hosting Space / Who Is The Most Reliable & Creative Website Designer On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.