Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Why Lagos Should Stick With APC, Do You think So Too? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos Should Stick With APC, Do You think So Too? (776 Views)

What Can Buhari And APC Do Well ? - By Ena Ofugara / Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana / Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Lagos Should Stick With APC, Do You think So Too? by mandarin: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2015
Assessment of the two candidates and what Lagos stand to gain from them and their parties should dictate to Lagosians. Lets look at important things Lagos need and who can do them:
1. There are projects that need profound Federal support for accelerated completion like the Lekki deep seaport, the fast train, 4th mainland bridge, and Energy growth, the yellow BRT lane and oil refinery. I think these are sufficient enough to push Lagosians toward APC as Agbaje may not have the political clout to ensure sufficient Federal support for all of these.
2. Institutional Framework established by Fashola is one of the most admirable of his government.LASAA, LASTRA,LAMATA etc are sources of employment to thousands and have ensured greater efficiency in governance. I think Lagosians won't want to see these dismantled and go with Ambode. Agbaje's camp may be more interested in satisfying their supporters by over bloating
these institutions which will render them inefficient.
3. With shrinking government revenue in the country, I think there is the need for Lagos to elect a leader that knows the system quite well and can at least sustain the momentum more so that attention of the APC power bloc has shifted to Abuja, I believe this will give more room to the governor in Lagos. Ambode seem to have upper hand in this area,Agbaje is not used to public service.
4.Human Resources available around the APC Fashola machinery are lacking, to be honest, even though they can do better much better, I don't see such around Agbaje. To me Agbaje has not come out to demonstrate what he will do differently and how

Lagos is the commercial and intellectual capital of Nigeria and it can benefit from the central government may be for the first time. If the Igbo people vote in bloc as they did for GEJ it may still not ensure Agbaje's victory though will make strong mark but it will ultimately work against their economic interest in the long run and see a more pragmatic commitment to fusing their political will into the government to economic gains.
I think Lagosians should vote Ambode for those stated reasons

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Should Stick With APC, Do You think So Too? by Jk210(f): 11:39am On Apr 01, 2015
I quite agree. Lagos stands to benefit a lot from the centre with APC's recent win and it's only logical for lagosians to go with APC during the gubernatorial polls.

But the people's will should prevail if they choose to go PDP. It's all about the people now
Re: Why Lagos Should Stick With APC, Do You think So Too? by ghost1718(m): 12:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
bro since GEJ Hangover power to buhari peacefully, believe me the two parties will be at peace
Re: Why Lagos Should Stick With APC, Do You think So Too? by Chanchit: 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
I really think we should all vote APC cos of their new federal status, turning Lagos to an opposition state would make less sense at this stage.
The result of the last election can't be used as a yard stick, cos many people that voted for APC during presidential election are warming up to vote for PDP, so some drastic measure has to be taken.

I trust Jagaban of Lagos sha. He would pull the trigger.
Re: Why Lagos Should Stick With APC, Do You think So Too? by Jk210(f): 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! Igbo people are already regrouping in my area, and saying they will give this Governorship election all they got. Let's not continue to make things an ethnic thing. I know Tinunbu is not clean, but there are too many ongoing projects on ground, and Agbaje wouldn't know how to continue them. I will vote Ambode. But, I feel it will be a very tough elections, as igbos will vote en masse and some Yoruba and Hausa's in Lagos might not make voting a serious matter, since Buhari has already won the presidential elections. Let us wait and see sha

Oh but must everything boil down to ethnicity? In that case Ambode needs to campaign harder to other lagosians.

Revenge voting/sentimental voting is not what Lagos needs now. The benefits of Lagos sticking with APC far outweigh that of pdp

Fashola performed in Lagos hence what Lagos needs is continuity to ensure some yet to be completed projects and reforms are not jettisoned
Re: Why Lagos Should Stick With APC, Do You think So Too? by macof(m): 2:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Chanchit:
I really think we should all vote APC cos of their new federal status, turning Lagos to an opposition state would make less sense at this stage.
The result of the last election can't be used as a yard stick, cos many people that voted for APC during presidential election are warming up to vote for PDP, so some drastic measure has to be taken.

I trust Jagaban of Lagos sha. He would pull the trigger.

Lagos is better off in new hands...there is big marginalisation on centralisation in Lagos. We need development to spread across the state, PDP has the experience, losing the Federal sit would make them give their all to Lagos - a mini Nigeria

And talking of the candidate..honestly we know JK, we trust JK
We need Tinubu's corruption cases to be exposed, those which Fasola denies
Let's satisfy our doubts on Tinubu cause only a PDP run government can end Authoritarianism in Lagos

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Should Hold His Head High / Hear How Some Children Survived Death After A Tree Fell On Their Car+ See Photos / PDP Kicks As INEC Cancels Donga LG Election In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.