Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,385 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

RSUST Best Grad Student Tells The Secret Of His Success - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / RSUST Best Grad Student Tells The Secret Of His Success (1013 Views)

Billionaire Elon Musk Credits His Success To These 8 Books- / Nigerians You Need To Read This : The Secret Of MMM Nigeria Has Been Revealed / "What Every Grad Should Know " By Dennis Prager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RSUST Best Grad Student Tells The Secret Of His Success by candycrushsoda: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2015
Ajumobi Yusuf Falola, the star of the occasion at the 27th convocation of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST), says he never allowed physical contact with the opposite sex as a 'very religious' person.

The 24-year-old who emerged the overall best student prize, winning three prizes, graduated with a first class in Petroleum Engineering, scoring an impressive Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.82.

Speaking after clinching his awards, the valedictorian told journalists that he did not allow distractions from the opposite sex to affect his studies throughout his time at the institution.

“There is no way students of the opposite sex would not have passed glances at me," he said.

"But I am a very religious person; I don’t shake hands with ladies and right from time, they know me for that.

"So, the only thing is that we greet from a distance."

The Ogun State born graduate noted that he comes from a poor background and had to rely on assistance from colleagues.

“I can’t even say that my family is an average family.

"But I have just been able to manage the little resources and financial assistance from some of my colleagues in the university."

He however attributed his success to God.

“My achievement was made possible through the assistance of the God and dedication to my studies," he added.

"I was able to manage the time because there were many activities in the university and for you to be a graduate and a responsible Nigerian; you have to participate in many activities.

Falola also debunked the claims that lecturers victimize students who do not bribe them.

“Before I entered the department, I heard many things about lecturers.

"Many say that lecturers victimise students and that if you do not pay money, you are likely to fail their courses.

"That is a blatant lie."

Falola's father is a transporter while his mother is a trader.

http://pulse.ng/student/no-sexual-distractions-i-dont-shake-hands-with-ladies-because-im-very-religious-rsust-best-graduate-id3618759.html

Re: RSUST Best Grad Student Tells The Secret Of His Success by sholikay(m): 12:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Congratulations to him.
Re: RSUST Best Grad Student Tells The Secret Of His Success by obinna098: 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
nice

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Outfit Fathia Balogun Wore To Mercy Aigbe Beauty Home / Daring Photos: Can You Do This? / Nigeria Banking System (my Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.