Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... (811 Views)

Rebecca Ishaku Excited Seeing Released Chibok Girls On TV - Pics/Video / Jonathan's Government And The Refineries, Lest We Forget. / Patrick Obahiagbon Mocks All The Trekkers Trekking For Buhari's Victory(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:50am On Apr 01, 2015
I'm as apolitical as they come, but won't say I didn't enjoy the titilating drama of the past few months.

I was prompted to make this post after reading several comments about how Gen. Buhari's victory is a 'victory for the masses'.

But truth be told; nothing much has really changed - so to speak.

GMB didn't win, but the powerful sponsors behind him.

The old guard simply shed their old skin and transformed into the APC.

PDP was a vehicle the powerful north used, and has served its purpose. And as soon as they vamoosed, it crumpled like a pack of cards.

Should APC get tainted tomorrow, or become 'unusuable' - for whatever reason - they'll just transmorgrify into XYZ party. Do the dance, and still waltz into power, again!

Elections are not 'won' by the masses, but by the powers that be who annoint candidates, and shape public opinion.
Re: The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... by afolayangs(m): 11:52am On Apr 01, 2015
i agree with you
Re: The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... by Firefire(m): 11:53am On Apr 01, 2015
cheesy
Re: The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... by troot: 11:56am On Apr 01, 2015
Autonomously correct.

But who cares

Saheed Buhari

Like for him jare

1 Like

Re: The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:59am On Apr 01, 2015
This one is a fool. What happened to the billions he spent in Lagos? What happened to the ones he spent all over?

So, na the power that be make people go out inside rain go vote?

The powers that be couldn't even manipulate the eastern votes enuff...

The people still won..

1 Like

Re: The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
This one is a fool. What happened to the billions he spent in Lagos? What happened to the ones he spent all over?

The people still won..

God bless you for your input sir.
Re: The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... by brotherly: 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

The people still won..

when will people be matured enough to disagree without using foul language.

So you think you have countered the OPs position with your post abi?

Is this the first time people are going out in the rain? was money spent by only one party? get real and get objective. the OP's assertion is very correct
Re: The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... by fritiyo: 12:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

God bless you for your input sir.

what a matured statement at op. some people are too ignorant to see the truth.

1 Like

Re: The Buhari Victory, Lest You Get Too Excited... by Bright4(m): 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
In all, GMB did not win, Nigerians won and u and I are part of them irrespective of our political affiliation. After a year without any significant moves to better Nigeria from our general/prof, I will still campaign against them and work freely for credible person. Also, let our general alwaz remember dis, the power of masses is go far beyonds sectional power.
Therefore, I welcome you all to new Nigeria.
#Congratulations!!! Olabright!son of MAN.

(1) (Reply)

Mr Ibu Mocks Gmb(pics) / The Joy And Headache Of Hosting President Of The United States / The Buhari Nigerians Don’t Know – David-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.