Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,554 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

My Gratitude To All Nigerians On The Just Concluded Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Gratitude To All Nigerians On The Just Concluded Presidential Election (539 Views)

Things You Going To Miss About The Just Concluded Presidential Election / Lessons Learnt From The Concluded Presidential Election / Buhari might not Win The Just Concluded Elections - Unbiased Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Gratitude To All Nigerians On The Just Concluded Presidential Election by AJdDon: 12:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
My Gratitude to Nigerians

First of, I want to glorify the Almighty above for this day of history in our dear nation, Nigeria over the successful conduct of the 2015 Presidential election.

Next, I want to congratulate Our Amiable General, Mohammed Buhari on his victory at the polls. For someone with 3 past failed attempts, not allowing yourself to be discouraged and vying again for same position is to me a spirit that has not only inspired the youths of this great country but also has awaken the giants in us all. It is our collective belief that your reign will bring about a remarkable turnaround in the best interest of the masses progressively.

At this point, I want to acknowledge and salute the Nigerian media outlets ranging from those on the social platforms to the print, radio and television who went extra mile and were non-partisan in their coverage and conduct of the poll.

I will also want to recognise the efforts of security personnel, most precisely those who put the nation first ahead of personal or induced interests from negative forces during the entire process.

At this point, I whole-heartedly doff my hat for the people of Nigeria, precisely the electorates who refused to be swayed by all the derogatory remarks made on the person of General Mohammed Buhari, rather rose in defence of their choice of candidature. Let it be known that together as a nation, we made the history, our biggest gain ever in our democratic quest.

On a last note, my expression would not have been complete without acknowledging the greatest show of courage ever witnessed in our political landscape, exhibited by one man, his name, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!
Let it be written in history that our Outgoing President, from the South-South, became the first National Leader in the country's history to willfuly Congratulate his Opponent and also conceed defeat in the spirit of heroism and sportmanship. Sir, Nigerians will never forget you!
Though there might be mixed feelings as to your era has President, On this Singular act of Bravery, YOU ARE MY MAN OF THE DECADE!
Kudos to you!

Congratulations Nigerians!

Signed:
AJ

(1) (Reply)

10 Lagos Governorship Candidates Step Down For Apc’s Ambode . / Ekiti APC Lawmakers Discontinue Suit Against Fayose / Breaking ::news

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.