Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? (26229 Views)

How Davido Got His Song If From Tekno / Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award / D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by magabounce(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2015
Sell it ooooo!!!!!!!
Biko

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by intergral(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2015
5M for one song!!!... Na lie fake story...

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by musaffyan(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2015
Guy sell more music dey where u fecth am,as it says opportunity comes but ones
If u don't sell and waiting for God's time,then my friend u are in for it,cause God uses other peeps to help peeps dose not come down and help or Miracles DAT happened every day to claim only you

IF U SELL GET MY SHEAR READY OOOOH

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by activefibre1(m): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2015
am sure that artist na davido....him like to they buy ppl song.

2 Likes

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by lawal28c: 8:24am On Apr 04, 2015
Sell it abeg........compose anoda 1 nd u go blast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Elypsis(m): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2015
Since he's talented as u claim, I dnt thnk composing anoda sng shud be hard for him.I suggest he sells it and then look out if the artst can even sign him....dnt try it yet dat u wanna record an album cos u dnt av an idea of the enornimity of the task....use ur heads and nt ur hrts bro

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 04, 2015
My friend sell dat thing joor, we are in business to make money..

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 04, 2015
SELL IT BRO

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Mekyno(m): 8:26am On Apr 04, 2015
derespect:
Let him sell it and sign an agreement with the artiste, dat for every award d song in question brings to the artiste, he will be collecting 20-25% on it.
U jst took it ffrm my heart (nt lips again). Or let him do a collabo with d known muscian, so far his sure d music will be a hit song

2 Likes

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 04, 2015
Yes! Its not the "sweetness" of the song that makes it a best seller. It's a combination of many things like the singer, publicity, record label etc. Wonder why anything Don Jazzy touches become gold? So yes sell it but make sure you agree that you would get some credit for it. Ie, you must be allowed to tell the whole world you sold it. It's a good way to recoup some publicity for yourself if it becomes a hit...so ride it.

2 Likes

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by bigx(m): 8:26am On Apr 04, 2015
If he hasnt seen 5m before, Sell sharpaly!
Use the money enter studio again

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Djicemob: 8:27am On Apr 04, 2015
Sell it and use the money to invest to secure and maybe multiply the money,during this period take your time to compose better songs,once your investment starts to pay off,lace the new song and promote it in a more qualitative way.

Heck! Do you know you can even setup a studio with 5m?

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Emmahunk(m): 8:27am On Apr 04, 2015
lagos360:
A friend has been into music for like eternity. He'd always sing for us (friends). He's an IT guy, not that he's making millions but fairly comfortable. He was into a very serious relationship last year and composed a song that he meant to be played on his wedding day. Unfortunately things went sour and the relationship was ended. He finished the song about two weeks ago. We convinced him to put it online and the response has been small but exciting. Thing is, he got an email, then a call from one of the current top 10 artist in the Nigerian music industry offering to buy the song for 5 Million naira cash.

Point is, cos of the response he's been getting from the song, he's thinking of recording an album. We've been talking of taking the songs to radio stations (we understand it's not going to be free and we could pull it off to get a fair amount of airplay).

I don't want to sound arrogant but 5M while quite an amount isn't enough I think. This song in question is the type of song that's just different and unique in its own way. I think my friend's song can shape his music career just like "African Queen" shaped 2Baba's career.

The fact that a top Nigerian artiste got interested in the song in the first place and want it in his or her name is enough proof that the song is a "hit".
Take a chance, go to a known marketer and strike a deal.
See you at the top!

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Whobedatte(m): 8:28am On Apr 04, 2015
moreeni:
Yes! Its not the "sweetness" of the song that makes it a best seller. It's a combination of many things like the singer, publicity, record label etc. Wonder why anything Don Jazzy touches become gold? So yes sell it but make sure you agree that you would get some credit for it. Ie, you must be allowed to tell the whole world you sold it. It's a good way to recoup some publicity for yourself if it becomes a hit...so ride it.
una don see a flatmate? shocked
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by slap1(m): 8:30am On Apr 04, 2015
Sell the song now. You're lucky the said artiste didn't fine tune the song and release it as his own. People write songs for top musicians, it doesn't mean they've sold their talent (in case that's what you're thinking).

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by USAutoBuy(m): 8:30am On Apr 04, 2015
A song is a funny thing. It can be a monster hit or a flop. Either way, my advise is that DON'T SELL 100% like some people already mentioned. Ask for like N4m and retain something like 20-25% stake. If its a flop, you gain something and if its hit, you will gain as well.

There is a man who got frustrated with Apple Inc. in the beginning of the company and sold his 10% stake for few thousands of dollars. He now lives in a Caravan somewhere on govt. pension. Apple is a multi-billion $$$ company now.

If i am not mistaken, King Sunny Ade did not have the right to his 1st album. Guess what, he has been trying to buy the right since he became famous and he has been unsuccessful. Not even at any price.

This song might not be successful with the artist but can be a runaway success if another artist sings it in different format. You will still make money. Nothing is like a residual income.

Just like voting, we have matured, IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO VOTE WITHOUT A PVC CARD. NO MORE. Nigeria will soon evolve in the entertainment world that entertainment royalty will be looked upon very well.

Whoever, is offering you N5m for the song possibly know something you don't. Sell it but not all.

Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Kandaha: 8:30am On Apr 04, 2015
He can sell the Song and even write more songs to sell. The thing is " when you so what you like or what you have passion for, you don't get to work".

If you are really serious about one of the top ten Nigerian Artists wanting to buy your friends Song then he can write other songs and with time sell to the same artist and other artists.
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by darlenese(f): 8:31am On Apr 04, 2015
Bro u think if u sing that song u'll make a hit? U must be kidding, u better sell it before the artist changes his mind,
It takes more than a good song to become a star.

2 Likes

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by ednut1(m): 8:31am On Apr 04, 2015
no he shud wake up from his dream
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by tsdarkside(m): 8:31am On Apr 04, 2015
sell,sell, sell.......maybe you can even get more,,,,prize and sell,sell,selllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,......... grin grin grin grin
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Nimrod81: 8:32am On Apr 04, 2015
lagos360:
A friend has been into music for like eternity. He'd always sing for us (friends). He's an IT guy, not that he's making millions but fairly comfortable. He was into a very serious relationship last year and composed a song that he meant to be played on his wedding day. Unfortunately things went sour and the relationship was ended. He finished the song about two weeks ago. We convinced him to put it online and the response has been small but exciting. Thing is, he got an email, then a call from one of the current top 10 artist in the Nigerian music industry offering to buy the song for 5 Million naira cash.

He has it in him and can always write another one... He should sell to the artist, make friends with the artist and build social capital for his music career.... How many songs has he written?
Point is, cos of the response he's been getting from the song, he's thinking of recording an album. We've been talking of taking the songs to radio stations (we understand it's not going to be free and we could pull it off to get a fair amount of airplay).

I don't want to sound arrogant but 5M while quite an amount isn't enough I think. This song in question is the type of song that's just different and unique in its own way. I think my friend's song can shape his music career just like "African Queen" shaped 2Baba's career.

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 04, 2015
Whobedatte:
una don see a flatmate? shocked

My brother! I have been enjoying the company of my Igbos for a while now o but I will be in the market again in June-july. I want a whole kitchen or more kitchen space(lol)
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by donPhill(m): 8:33am On Apr 04, 2015
khenykhey:
My Guy Airforce1 will sell his for 500k not to talk of 5M.
why u De insult my guy airforce1 na....anyways, him go hear u na
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Tshaphilo: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2015
Dont sell. if he can gt tru to Don jazzy the story will b different. Remember wot the victory of Buhari taught us. Try Try Try Try again. Never give up on yr dream.
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by ife4luv21(m): 8:35am On Apr 04, 2015
sell it ....
sell am
taaa danu

buh tell d artist to feature ur frnd for d remix
lobatan
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by agarawu23(m): 8:35am On Apr 04, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
You better sell it before Alaba boys will help you sell it. Boys are not smiling these days o!

grin grin
fear alaba boys o. op sell it because wat u have at hand is better than what u dream of

agarawu and airforce1 music loading.......... meet u guys soon

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by tsdarkside(m): 8:35am On Apr 04, 2015
Doortun:
Just sell it already, but don't sell it 100%. Ask for a royalty like certain percentage on all profits that is going to be generated from the song eventually. Get a lawyer first, 10-25% would be a fair cut.

You prolly don't have a name out there and it will take time for you get accepted in the market or breakeven.

guy,good one...(but,i dont like the part with lawyer)...Ask for a royalty like certain percentage on all profits that is going to be generated from the song eventually.

heyyyyyya...what are you waiting for...sell,selll,sellllllllllllllllll......
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by gaffy09: 8:37am On Apr 04, 2015
He should sell it with a condition to be featured in the video production to creat necessary awareness........best wishes
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Zane2point4(m): 8:37am On Apr 04, 2015
Every body is very quick to make fast cash, left for me thats his intellectual property, I will advice u not to sale it, its better to go look for a top producer and sign a contract, u can release the song as a single, most of this famaous artist u see today started exactly like u, may I remind u dat a singles show u perform with dat song may fetch u more than that 5m.
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by stevewale(m): 8:39am On Apr 04, 2015
I love dis quote: Take Risks, if u win, u will be happy but if u loose, u will learn a lesson.....

If i were ur friend, i'd sell d track for dat 5m cos if him sing am, e fit no hit like dat of a star. I once worked in a media house and i can categorically tell u that marketing songs or movies is not a child's play.

HAVING SAID THAT, REMEMBER IF GOD IS GIVING HIM A 'YES', THEN THAT SUPERCEEDS MILLIONS OF 'NO' ALL OF US CAN TELL HIM

1 Like

Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by lonelydora: 8:39am On Apr 04, 2015
Sale and make quick cash. If you are sure you will continue with music, don't sell it and hope on fate.

Go and ask Craig David how market?
Re: A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? by Whobedatte(m): 8:40am On Apr 04, 2015
moreeni:

My brother! I have been enjoying the company of my Igbos for a while now o but I will be in the market again in June-july. I want a whole kitchen or more kitchen space(lol)
best wishes in your endeavours! Got a promo job on the island, &wld be recruiting some B.A (s) so wanna know if u r already gotten an apartment thr. Best of luck sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unity FM: Radio Station On Fire In Ebonyi (Photos) / What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV / "Bad Girl" - Terry Apala Ft Bisola Of BBNaija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.