Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Strange Download Speed On MTN Network - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Strange Download Speed On MTN Network (1587 Views)

10 Tips To Increase Browsing Speed On Your PC / How To Increase File Transfer Speed On Windows / How To Double Recharge Card On Mtn,glo,airtel And Etisalat With Cheat Codes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Download Speed On MTN Network by koseepaaro(m): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Hi all in the house! I noticed something about MTN internet download speed few minutes ago and I never experienced such since I've been using the internet. After a nairalander posted his experience on MTN network (earlier today), saying that he was able to download 6MB of data within 3 seconds. Then, I took my Nokia C5 phone, opened Opera mini browser on it and googled for the latest Mario game which is about 74.99MB. But to my greatest surprise, the game downloaded in less than 3 minutes. Please, won't I still pay for the strange download speed that MTN gave to me indirectly in monetary value in future (unknowningly)?
Re: Strange Download Speed On MTN Network by veltani: 8:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
Did you say mtn?
Please check if you mistakenly inserted another network's simcard.
It cant be mtn!
Re: Strange Download Speed On MTN Network by koseepaaro(m): 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
veltani:
Did you say mtn?
Please check if you mistakenly inserted another network's simcard.
It cant be mtn!
lol it's MTN. I was very surprised when it happened to me. It's kind of magic to me!
Re: Strange Download Speed On MTN Network by mikron(m): 11:44am On Apr 02, 2015
I'm confused here OP, I thought u were telling us about the slow download speed of MTN which I would have agreed to not what u re saying now, u mean ur mtn download speed is that fast? Pls check to see if u live very close to an mtn mast cos as I speak to u my download speed on IDM on mtn network is presently 200-250 kb/s. Too slow. And I live in area 1 garki Abuja. Funny isn't it?
Re: Strange Download Speed On MTN Network by koseepaaro(m): 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Anyway, I might be fortunate to connect to "the most fastest of MTN internet server" that the said time. Such has never happened to me!
Re: Strange Download Speed On MTN Network by shellliver: 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
koseepaaro:
Hi all in the house! I noticed something about MTN internet download speed few minutes ago and I never experienced such since I've been using the internet. After a nairalander posted his experience on MTN network (earlier today), saying that he was able to download 6MB of data within 3 seconds. Then, I took my Nokia C5 phone, opened Opera mini browser on it and googled for the latest Mario game which is about 74.99MB. But to my greatest surprise, the game downloaded in less than 3 minutes. Please, won't I still pay for the strange download speed that MTN gave to me indirectly in monetary value in future (unknowningly)?

Really?

Where is your location cos MTN crawls slower that snail around here.
Re: Strange Download Speed On MTN Network by koseepaaro(m): 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
I was in Yaba at the time.
Re: Strange Download Speed On MTN Network by jasmine01s: 11:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
76 mb 3minutes dats too slow mehn, I just downloaded 795mb within 10minutes
Re: Strange Download Speed On MTN Network by Tolzeal(m): 6:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
jasmine01s:
76 mb 3minutes dats too slow mehn, I just downloaded 795mb within 10minutes

NOW THIS IS WHAT IS CALLED .... ""FAST

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This is How To Build A Computer From Scratch to Finish (Video) / Why You SHOULDN'T Buy A Macbook Air Or Macbook Pro Any Time Soon / 'file Or Directory Is Corrupted Or Unreadable' GTA IV PC Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.