Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner... Orubabe Vs Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner... Orubabe Vs Jega (573 Views)

MKO Abiola’s Proclamation Speech Declaring Himself As President (Full Text) / Ahmed Umar Bolori: "Army Didn't Inform Me Before Declaring Me Wanted" / Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner... Orubabe Vs Jega by poiu77: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
brush: Keep quiet, the law require buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast, in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, except if they have change the law.

So you are going to see people go to court over the issue.

I have not seen the final result.. But

the law requires the winner to have the following.

1. buhari most win by a simple majority of over 50%.
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo/Akinjide/Shagari case)
3. buhari most get at least 1/3 the total vote in a state in 2/3 of the total number of state.

brush did this happen. I have not seen the final result as I write..

If buhari does not have 1/3 of the total vote cast in a state in 2/3 of the state Jonathan won, the result will be cancelled. And a run off would be call

So show me, the final result.

You have to look at the state Jonathan won, and see, if number 2 happen, this is the most important part, in nigeria election. except if they have change the law. but if the law is still the same.. you a person most have all this to be declare winner.

In the case of awolowo vs Shagari.

Awolowo won 5 state(ogun, ondo, lagos, oyo, bendle),
azikiwe won 4 state( anambra, imo, cross rivers, rivers),
waziri won 2 state borno and gongola.
Aminu kano won kano state.

When you add 5 + 4 + 2 + 1= 12 state.. of 19 state.

Shagari won just 7 states.. it is not required by law to win 2/3 of the state, but more of 1/3 of the total vote in 2/3 of the total states. And 1/3 of 2/3 of your closest rival state won.

This is why Orubabe may have been fighting jega.

1 Share

Re: The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner... Orubabe Vs Jega by poiu77: 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
To explain this following requirement

1. win by a simple majority of over 50%.
2. Buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote in a state of 2/3 Jonathan state won ( the argument of Awolowo/Akinjide/Shagari case)
3. buhari most get at least 1/3 the total vote in a state in 2/3 of the total number of state.

2. If Jonathan won 12 states.. Nigeria law requires buhari to get 1/3 of the total vote cast 8 states of those state Jonathan won.

If Jonathan won Benue, Imo, and rivers state.. Buhari is required by law to get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2 of this state.. May be imo or rivers or benue and imo.

3. This law means buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 2/3 of the total state cast. meaning if there are 12 state in Nigeria.. buhari most get 1/3 of the total vote cast in 8 states of Nigeria.
Re: The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner... Orubabe Vs Jega by poiu77: 5:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
Only 1 and 3 did buhari meet. Buhari did not mean requirement 2 as required by Nigeria law to be declared as President. So you dont have to congratulate anyone yet. There may be a run off of the election. if a court case is heard.
Re: The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner... Orubabe Vs Jega by Tundenoni(m): 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
mtsheeeewwww....

Jona don agree sey Buhari don win....

you talk sey make im go court...

he'ld suffer defeat in court too,e go com be 2 0

or if he like make he carry the case go okija shrine, even the deity are busy shouting "" saiBuhari "
Re: The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner... Orubabe Vs Jega by Ewizard(m): 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
d last I checked my ex presido GEJ has already congratulate GMB even before Borno collation result was announced.

Dat gentleman of impeccable character ain't desperate for power.

wisdom is above d law!

let's focus on building d nation!
Re: The Law Require Before Declaring Anyone Winner... Orubabe Vs Jega by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
What is this one saying

(1) (Reply)

Conspiracy Theory Over Buhari Victory; See Maths Calculation / Kwankwaso: Lamido, Aliyu Committed Political Suicide By Staying In PDP / For The Smart Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.