Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Acca/aca Prerequisite To Cfa? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Acca/aca Prerequisite To Cfa? (4233 Views)

Cfa Vs Acca Which Is Harder / What Every CFA Level 1 Candidate Should Know! / CFA Candidates In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acca/aca Prerequisite To Cfa? by monex(m): 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2009
Hi everyone.

someone told me u can't write/cope with cfa if u are not a chartered accountant.
However, I noticed the CFA curiculum was not strictly accounting but contained more on financial instruments and markets etc.

i wanted to find out how true this is.

Is it possible for a science graduate who works in a bank to take CFA without writing ican or acca.

1 Like

Re: Acca/aca Prerequisite To Cfa? by seunallday: 1:12pm On Jan 26, 2009
who told u dat, its a lie, go to the cfa website to find out
Re: Acca/aca Prerequisite To Cfa? by bechex(m): 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2009
With regards to writting, anyone can write the CFA exam as long as u are a graduate or an undergraduate so long as u satisfy certain requirement ( check out their Website for the requirements)

While it may be easier for a chartered accountant to read and pass the Financial Statement Analyisis and maybe corporate finance aspect of the Exam, he will be on a level playing ground with everyone else in the other parts.

The experience of some chartered accountants that i know who have attempted the CFA exam, reveals that those that Have ACA ( ICAN ) sometimes have some difficulty in some LOS's because of the different treatments accorded to certain transactions under Financial Statement Analysis.

What i will tell you is that the CFA exam is a serious Exam and anyone who tells u it is easy to pass will be deceiving you. If you are interested in acquiring the charter, just visit their Website www.cfainstitute.org and be prepared for at least One and half Years of serious study ( cause thats the least it takes to pass all three Exams ) .

Wish u all the best.
Re: Acca/aca Prerequisite To Cfa? by tkb417(m): 3:51pm On Jan 28, 2009
@poster
na lie den lie for u
Re: Acca/aca Prerequisite To Cfa? by Mustay(m): 10:44am On Feb 06, 2009
check out the website please.

Verify "tales" before posting online.
Re: Acca/aca Prerequisite To Cfa? by Emotivator(m): 9:05am On Dec 19, 2009
bechex:

With regards to writting, anyone can write the CFA exam as long as u are a graduate or an undergraduate so long as u satisfy certain requirement ( check out their Website for the requirements)

While it may be easier for a chartered accountant to read and pass the Financial Statement Analyisis and maybe corporate finance aspect of the Exam, he will be on a level playing ground with everyone else in the other parts.

The experience of some chartered accountants that i know who have attempted the CFA exam, reveals that those that Have ACA ( ICAN ) sometimes have some difficulty in some LOS's because of the different treatments accorded to certain transactions under Financial Statement Analysis.

What i will tell you is that the CFA exam is a serious Exam and anyone who tells u it is easy to pass will be deceiving you. If you are interested in acquiring the charter, just visit their Website www.cfainstitute.org and be prepared for at least One and half Years of serious study ( cause thats the least it takes to pass all three Exams ) .

Wish u all the best.
I agree with you, he needs a lot of study
Re: Acca/aca Prerequisite To Cfa? by slimes(m): 8:36pm On Dec 19, 2009
CFA no be joke. Be prepared to study die.
Re: Acca/aca Prerequisite To Cfa? by pioneer: 6:40am On Jun 28, 2014
For your ICAN/ACCA lectures, contact Excel Associates.

Excel Associates is a foremost professional tuition centre located in Ikorodu that provides lectures for ATS, ICAN, ACCA, CISA and other programmes. For enquiries, contact - 07081834869, 09092159476 or e-mail: excelassociates2020@gmail.com, info.excelassociates@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between An Economist Major And An Economist Political Science Combined / Teaching Staff Recruitment At St. Gregory College, Ikoyi / Carrier Opportunities For Those Who Want To Study Crop Science.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.