Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election (533 Views)

Massive Jubilation In Jega Over Buhari's Safe Return (photos) / Nigerians Will Soon Commend Jonathan For His Sincerity Of Purpose In Gov–dokpesi / Nans Calls For The Removal Of Inec Chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega Over Biased (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election by Realdeals(m): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
Statement by the President of the United State of America on the Nigerian Elections (April 1, 2015)

“Nigeria’s Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and its chairman, Attahiru Jega, deserve special recognition for what independent international observers have deemed a largely peaceful and orderly vote.” – President Barack Obama
The last few days have shown the world the strength of Nigeria’s commitment to democratic principles. By turning out in large numbers and sometimes waiting all day to cast their votes, Nigerians came together to decide the future of their country peacefully.

I commend President Goodluck Jonathan and President-Elect Muhammadu Buhari for their public commitments to non-violence throughout the campaign. President Jonathan has placed his country’s interests first by conceding the election and congratulating President-Elect Buhari on his victory. I look forward to working with President Jonathan throughout the remainder of his term, and I thank him for his many years of service and his statesman like conduct at this critical juncture. I urge President-Elect Buhari and President Jonathan to repeat their calls to their supporters to continue to respect the election outcomes, focus on unifying the country, and together lead Nigeria through a peaceful transition.

Nigeria’s Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and its Chairman, Attahiru Jega, deserve special recognition for what independent international observers have deemed a largely peaceful and orderly vote. I commend INEC for its extensive efforts to increase the credibility and transparency of the electoral process. Looking ahead to the gubernatorial elections on April 11, it is imperative that national attention turn to ensuring isolated logistical challenges are overcome and peace is protected, even in the most hotly contested races.
On behalf of the American people, I extend congratulations to the people of Nigeria and to President-Elect Buhari and look forward to continuing to work with the newly-elected government on our many shared priorities.

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-news/2015/04/01/president-obama-commend-jega-over-successful-election/

Re: President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election by Realdeals(m): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
Encomium pouring in left and right, its good to be good!
Re: President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election by dunkem21(m): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2015
Imagine Obama celebrating mediocrity. grin

How is this elections marred by irregularities, sharp malpractices and rigging adjudged free and fair? Do you know how many Nigerians were disenfranchised?

Obama, it is on history that you refused to help us fight terrorism.

You don't mean well to Nigerians.
Re: President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election by politricks: 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
JEGA really tried his best. The way he JEGAed the ORUBEBEs really impressed me. Although, there is room for improvement.
Re: President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election by Ventura1: 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jega is now a celebrity
Re: President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election by SirShymexx: 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
The real hero of the election.

Still laughing at those praising GEJ for accepting defeat. With all those foreign subs and warships around naija waters, and all the warnings they sent to him via emissaries - it would've been suicidal for him not to relinquish power - unless he wanted to die like Gaddafi.

Enjoy the euphoria - the owners of the world also played a big role in the transition. So, they are watching everything closely. That is all I'm going to say.

1 Like

Re: President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
nice.I'm proud of Nigerians.no violence.and they call us savages.so much for their splitting prediction.
Re: President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election by ESHOIZA: 12:17am On Apr 02, 2015
dunkem21:
Imagine Obama celebrating mediocrity. grin

How is this elections marred by irregularities, sharp malpractices and rigging adjudged free and fair? Do you know how many Nigerians were disenfranchised?

Obama, it is on history that you refused to help us fight terrorism.

You don't mean well to Nigerians.

you are only crying like a beaten baby we are on track in our electoral process ....sm of d tins U̶̲̥̅̊ mentioned (irregularities and disenfranchisement) shud b expected and dtz wt happens wen U̶̲̥̅̊ dare d unusual in Nigeria politics
Re: President Obama Commend Jega Over Successful Election by dunkem21(m): 5:04am On Apr 02, 2015
ESHOIZA:
you are only crying like a beaten baby we are on track in our electoral process ....sm of d tins U̶̲̥̅̊ mentioned (irregularities and disenfranchisement) shud b expected and dtz wt happens wen U̶̲̥̅̊ dare d unusual in Nigeria politics

OK.

I have been crying long before the elections but nobody heard me cry. If you agree with me that there are huge irregularities and disenfranchisement, then, what exactly are we hailing JEGA for? ..for announcing results? ..or paying corp members? ..or hiring professors who can't read their own handwriting?

Tomorrow, when America starts helping/looting Nigeria again, remember, I cried today that America refused to assist us fight terrorism but is willing to share priorities with the incoming govt.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Lawmakers Teargassed / Gogettermd: Jonathan did not lost Under International Law, it is a run off / Delta State Governorship Elections: Online Polls...lp Vs Apc Vs Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.