|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,488,616 members, 5,641,996 topics. Date: Friday, 05 June 2020 at 08:33 PM
|10 Things To Learn From The 2015 Elections In Nigeria by Shubbylee(m): 10:24pm On Apr 01, 2015|
The Elections have come and gone, thank God for the Credibility and Relative peace Before, during and after it!! But there are priceless Lessons to be learnt from it, some of which are :
1. NEVER GIVE UP ON A CAUSE YOU BELIEVE IN - General Muhammadu Buhari Like the Great Abraham Lincoln of the USA tried Several times to become president of their countries but failed. They believed in their vision and followed it till they finally succeeded, Buhari doesn't have any other passion but to make Nigeria a country to be proud of, May God grant him long life, divine health/protection and wisdom to make Nigeria great.
2. DON'T FÜCK WITH OBASANJO - When OBJ wrote those letters to GEJ, and when he tore his PDP Membership card, the PDP and many Nigerians downplayed both events, Saying OBJ has lost his relevance in Nigerian politics, I didn't share that sentiment. I believe the tearing of the Card marked the beginning of the fall of PDP's hold on Political Power in Nigeria. Now I know why they call him 'Ebora Owu'.
3. THE YORUBAS ARE STILL THE MOST MATURE AND POLITICALLY ENLIGHTENED PEOPLE IN NIGERIA - Based on the peaceful conduct of the last elections in the southwest, and also the tightness of the polls in all the states across the region (despite the VP candidacy of PYO) shows that Yorubas are not sentimental voters and are very mature and objective.
4. PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS A TRUE STATESMAN - The Congratulatory call to Buhari and His official speech is a sign of maturity and an act of true statesmanship. He put Nigeria before his personal ambition. He is a hero of democracy and history would remember him for this.
5. NIGERIA IS A WORLD POWER - Due to the Attention the International community gave to the elections and the Level of Foreign Media Coverage of our elections, I know Nigeria is truly a force to be reckoned with in the world.
6. IGBO LEADERS MAY NOT BE AS SMART AS I THOUGHT AFTERALL - No disrespect to my Igbo brothers, I have love for them and my best friends (Male/Female) are Igbo but the truth has to be told, Igbo leaders have very poor political skills and wisdom. Gone are the days of visionary Igbo Leaders like Zik and Ikemba. All Igbo leaders think of Now is their short term gains and their stomach/pocket, that's why they are always on the wrong side of Government. Ethno/Religious Sentiments, Greed, avarice, bureaucracy and Nepotism is their watch word. I'm still baffled on why they would give such massive support to a Man who has done absolutely nothing for them. Some Igbo youths even wanted to die ontop GEJ's matter, someone who is fighting for the prestige of the Ijaw nation. Some stupid ones on NL are even threatening to form Biafra cos GEJ lost when GEJ, PEJ and Orubebe has congratulated GMB. because of their momentary stupidity there's no APC HOA member in the S/East making it impossible for them to be Senate president or speaker. Ngige and Rochas are some of the few smart ones left.
7. NEGATIVE CAMPAIGNS AND STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE DOESN'T GUARANTEE VICTORY IN ELECTIONS - PDP used AIT and NTA to bombard GMB left, right and centre with documentaries and cheap propaganda, shared dollars up and down the country, begged every single Yoruba monarch, etc. But now we know good and transparent governance is the only way to guarantee re-election.
8. NIGERIA HAS MATURED AS A DEMOCRACY/POWER IS NOW TRULY WITH THE PEOPLE - The victory of GMB is a victory for all Nigerians cos it has shown we are wiser as a people and we won't tolerate mediocrity. If GMB doesn't deliver on his campaign promises , I'm sure we won't hesitate to vote him out.
9. APC IS A MUCH MORE FINANCIALLY PRUDENT AND EFFICIENT PARTY - Based on the Campaign Budget of the APC compared to that of the PDP which had unlimited funds and the outcome of the elections, it is a pointer to the fact that APC can achieve so much with much less resources and are more efficient with finances.
10. PACKAGING MATTERS - I'm of the strong Opinion that one of the major driving factors of GMB's victory is the packaging his campaign team gave him. Superior campaign pictures, adverts, programs, and strategy shows that he is surrounded by great thinkers, if he had all that in 2007 and 2011, he'd have stood a better chance.
|Re: 10 Things To Learn From The 2015 Elections In Nigeria by jeremiah505(m): 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2015|
God bless the New President of the Republic...
God bless Nigeria...
I pray Buhari is that CHANGE Nigerians are craving for...
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46