Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati (931 Views)

From London To Abuja In 50 Days: Buhari’s Return -Reuben Abati / President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule / We’ll Catch Shekau Before Elections — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by rebranded(m): 5:26am On Apr 02, 2015
Seems like GEJ became restless and confused after he realised he lost elections. Eyah, but thank God he accepted defeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czdefT6qGIk&feature=youtu.be&ocid=socialflow_twitter
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by GboyegaD(m): 5:33am On Apr 02, 2015
What does Abati mean by one would be surprised he was very calm. This might make me agree that Jonathan could have a strong heart however, those around him never helped him in any way. This said, there is also the possibility of him knowing through his marabout that he was going to lose the elections thus, him preparing his mind. Sorry if I sound bad but his story reminds me of the book "Beggars Strike".
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by oluwafemi113(m): 5:37am On Apr 02, 2015
I need to share this information l got from a reliable source.
We should thank God for using Kofi Anan, General Abubakar and Thabo
Mbeki of South Africa to persuade Jonathan to concede defeat on time
& shut down hawks around him who would have Nigeria burn down instead of allowing Buhari to take over.
The gentlemen were at Hilton hotel and General Abubakar instructed
some one at the collating center to inform him when it is mathematically impossible for Jonathan to win. And so, the moment Delta state was announced the man called General Abubakar who swiftly moved to Aso Rock with the two other men, and they
persuaded Jonathan that since it was impossible for him to win now, he should please call Buhari to congratulate him for the sake of peace in Nigeria.
The moment Patience Jonathan heard that she started shouting that
Jonathan should not do it, that how can dey hand over to Almanjiri
people? At that point Kofi Anan begged her and Jonathan went on to call Buhari, and they quickly leaked it out to the Press.
lt was revealed that it was Patience Jonathan that sent Orubebe to
scatter the Collation Centre!
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by Disclaimer: 5:47am On Apr 02, 2015
Regardless of what the poster above me have said, President Jonathan remain a true statesman and an advocate of peace and transparency.

On three consecutive occasions his counterpart from the opposition party never concede defeat.
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by rebranded(m): 5:51am On Apr 02, 2015
I think Mr. Jonathan realized during the campaign his handlers had kept him in a cage all along and he had little say on things.

This action though is similar to the Jonathan we all thought he was when he called for him to be President after late Yar'adua
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by Dospix(m): 6:07am On Apr 02, 2015
oluwafemi113:
& shut down hawks around him who would have Nigeria burn down instead of allowing Buhari to take over.
some one at the collating center to inform him when it is mathematically impossible for Jonathan to win. And so, the moment Delta state was announced the man called General Abubakar who swiftly moved to Aso Rock with the two other men, and they
persuaded Jonathan that since it was impossible for him to win now, he should please call Buhari to congratulate him for the sake of peace in Nigeria.
people? At that point Kofi Anan begged her and Jonathan went on to call Buhari, and they quickly leaked it out to the Press.
you are a big fat lier! It just goes to tell me where the source of your dubious news came from. Yesterday Abdusalam Abubakar told Channels television that he was so surprise to realise that GEJ had called GMB before the final collation of the result, he said that this was revealed to him when he called GMB to congratulate him. He told Channels television that the president invited him and his commitee to show them his resolve to concede victory in an eventual loss. I don't know why bigots like you are soo desperate to discredit GEJ by all means. Pls, nobody pressured him; he conceded victory because he is a gentle man and has always made it clear that no blood of any Nigerian is worth the ambition of any politician.
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by TeamSimple(m): 6:34am On Apr 02, 2015
Taniods and PDP be riding on the action of GEJ to cover their loss and shame..GEJ knows he has no option than to accept the voice of the people. He was there to see what happened to Gbabo and his wife,so he wouldn't av tried to hang on to power,or heat up the polity,and hence end him in Jail. He also accepted defeat so he could gain the sympathy of Nigerians and the world at large,and its working for him. Was it not the same GEJ and PEJ that used religious and tribal sentiments to campaign against Buhari? Abeg let them go and sit down. No be only stateman,na streetboy. Quote me if u like and I will just JEGA you.
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 02, 2015
oluwafemi113:
you a coward and ur stupid write-up is trash no matter where u heard it from..if u quote me,i will run u down totally jxt d way u wana run our President down
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:42am On Apr 02, 2015
Disclaimer:
Regardless of what the poster above me have said, President Jonathan remain a true statesman and an advocate of peace and transparency.

On three consecutive occasions his counterpart from the opposition party never concede defeat.
Jonathan was never an advocate of peace, forget everything u guys are saying. Why did Jonathan suddenly became an advocate of peace. When his wife was preaching hate, his spokesman were poking the whole country, he himself was making erroneous statements up and down. Giving money to groups to oppress their own people. Watching as his wife as she almost destroyed Rivera state in every APC rally. He cld av release a statement against all these or atopbhis wife from the hate speech and actions against Rivers people.

What will the guy do if he didn't conceded? Is it no glaring that majority dieantbwant him again. For what is what, u cannot add more than the numbers of voters in each state. He has tried his rigging to the brim in the states he could, what else cld he have done?

He already bilived his money will do the rest but they failed.
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:46am On Apr 02, 2015
Dospix:
you are a big fat lier! It just goes to tell me where the source of your dubious news came from. Yesterday Abdusalam Abubakar told Channels television that he was so surprise to realise that GEJ had called GMB before the final collation of the result, he said that this was revealed to him when he called GMB to congratulate him. He told Channels television that the president invited him and his commitee to show them his resolve to concede victory in an eventual loss. I don't know why bigots like you are soo desperate to discredit GEJ by all means. Pls, nobody pressured him; he conceded victory because he is a gentle man and has always made it clear that no blood of any Nigerian is worth the ambition of any politician.
that is politics for u. How cld Jonathan call buhari without him knowing when they were both seaten together watching the collation?
Jonathan called buhari immediately inec announced the last state. So did he call with his mind?
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by demelza: 6:55am On Apr 02, 2015
All I am interested in is to see where Reuben Abati will end up now.
Will he go back to his former job of criticizing the government of the day while secretly praying to be awarded juicy appointments by them?
Or will he be thrown into political siberia?
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by Boss13: 6:59am On Apr 02, 2015
Ok let's be honest. We must be grateful to jonathan for conceding defeat and carming the nerves of his wicked and selfish aides. I respect him for that.

On the other hand, did anybody notice Reuben nose - it looked like a beetle car, presidential food of course
Re: Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati by KINGSNEEZE(m): 8:13am On Apr 02, 2015
I don't know why u guyz are trying so hard to make something out of nothing.talk from now till next century,Gej is my hero of democracy, he had more options than abiola but he choosed to sacrifice his ambition for the peaceful co-existence of the country. These are his options (1) sake jega 3months ago. (2) annul the election. (3)handover to the military (4) divide nigeria. Etc. He even have d option of not allowing the alliance that gave birth to apc but he choosed to be a true democrat and that's what the history of nigeria will ever remember him for. So u try and make ur own name to enter d history book. Feel free to critics my post but that remains the unbiased truth!

(1) (Reply)

Leaked Jonathan To Buhari Phone Call [AUDIO] / I Didn’t Sack Ambode, Says Fashola / Bad Road In Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.