Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

African Writers And The 'village Life'! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / African Writers And The 'village Life'! (1020 Views)

The Village Girl / African Writers Series VS. Enid Blytons'.. / Do Contemporary African Writers Actually Sell Books? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Writers And The 'village Life'! by Peaceworld(m): 5:39pm On Jan 23, 2009
New Topic: Why do African writers always stick to stories about Africa and the Village life? Most of those who really try their hands out on new things fail woefully! Why is this so? A writer should be able to adapt his writing to any environment! Besides, I've got a new book out now. You can get half of it for free at www.lulu.com/freedownloads
Re: African Writers And The 'village Life'! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2009
I hardly see famous foreign authors writing outside their own Western culture. What better way to propagate our culture than to primarily write about it. Other cultures have gotten enough exposure, why shouldn't we continuously reveal ours?
Re: African Writers And The 'village Life'! by Peaceworld(m): 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2009
Stillwater, I never said we shouldn't continously reveal ourselves, but we can do it better, can't we?
Re: African Writers And The 'village Life'! by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 27, 2009
Peaceworld:

New Topic: Why do African writers always stick to stories about Africa and the Village life? Most of those who really try their hands out on new things fail woefully! Why is this so? A writer should be able to adapt his writing to any environment! Besides, I've got a new book out now. You can get half of it for free at www.lulu.com/freedownloads

I don't agree when you say most people who try new things fail woefully at it. And, all writers have their comfort zone. Let them stay there.

(1) (Reply)

Abati Reviews Chimamanda's new book / Love Is Wicked / Imeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.