Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Beyond The Celebration -How Do We Make Our New Government Accountable? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond The Celebration -How Do We Make Our New Government Accountable? (645 Views)

Rivers Election: Hold Buhari Accountable For Violence, Loss Of Lives - Fayose / Man Climbs Tree, Says He Will Not Come Down Until A New Government Is Sworn In / APC NWC Meets In Abuja Over Power Sharing & Formation Of New Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyond The Celebration -How Do We Make Our New Government Accountable? by NosoChic: 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
The President elect, General Buhari and Vice President, Pastor Yemi Osibanjo ran under the platform of the APC.

For as many of us who voted for the incumbent, those who voted the opposition, those who neither voted nor got registered, we all have a COLLECTIVE responsibility to make this government work for the interest of the masses.

First step, is for us all to take a look again at the APC manifesto to remind us of the promises made.

I implore all APC representatives to join in this discussion. I also request we look beyond the celebration and set to work to put our beloved Nigeria back on the right track.
Re: Beyond The Celebration -How Do We Make Our New Government Accountable? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
And no one even dropped his shit here, smh!
Yes, we neee hold 'em accountable. First thing to do is to sow our first seed - TRUST.
Many folks are alrdy throwing jabs around about zoning this, tinubu drugs and AIT's shitfreedom. Let's look byond that and sow trust, for at least 100days, then see which kind of seedling it will bring. Any attempt to abuse this new found power should also be roundly morally criticised, be it Buhari, Aisha, Tinubu or Fashola; Be it Ajimobi, Oby Ezekwesili or Nl's Obiageli ;-)
We should never accept a shortchange(we never voted for short), we should not compare Buhari's works with Jonathan's; comparing with failure only gives a 'mini-failure'. Comparism should be with the best available. Any attempt to test our will as a nation, from the quarters of Asari, Tompolo, Shekau, Gani Adams and co should, would and must be decisively dealt with. Overall, since we crave 'change', we should change too: be disciplined, be patriotic, be loving and accomodating(to frnds and foes alike, like Christ for example), be optimistic and be dilligent.
Mucho amor et gracias pour Nigeria!
Re: Beyond The Celebration -How Do We Make Our New Government Accountable? by calberian: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2017
I'm just seeing this. This one won't get the much needed audience that it deserves. E go beta
Re: Beyond The Celebration -How Do We Make Our New Government Accountable? by LordAdam16: 10:11am On Apr 09, 2018
This thread is proof Nigerians only talk the talk and are not ready to walk the walk.

SMH.

-Lord

(1) (Reply)

Apc Takin The Lead @ Idiaraba / How I’ll Run My Govt, Economy, By Gen. Buhari... dailyindependentnig.com / My Message To Africans(especially South Africa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.