Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) (25731 Views)

Fatal Accident Today Along Creek Road,Apapa(Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos) / Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Evergreen4(m): 11:14am On Apr 03, 2015
DesChyko:
Amen!!
I only wish the painters at Alaba Int'l Market yesterday were fortunate enough.
The metal ladder they were painting a three-storey building on fell backwards and made contact with a high tension wire. Instantly, their bodies were slashed and baked all over. You don't want to see it yourself, man. One could move his head at least and was rushed to the hospital with a keke. The other was worse off. Even the army had to clear a lane and stop a driver to take him to the hospital. You won't believe that the driver tried to escape, thereby incurring the wrath of the army who beat him to a pulp. The man was eventually taken to a hospital but frankly, no one believes he will survive.
We all have to look around us and find great reasons to thank God despite our difficulties.
Please where in Alaba did this incident happen
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by chi4ik4(m): 11:24am On Apr 03, 2015
this is a big testimony & d Lord shall continue to protect u & your family. praise God
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by babygifty(f): 11:25am On Apr 03, 2015
Thank God 4 ur life.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by nkkystel(f): 11:34am On Apr 03, 2015
Thank God nothing happened to you guys!
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Amhappy(f): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2015
Thank God
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by iwant2beheard: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2015
PHIPEX:
I thank God on your behalf. I visited Ikorodu yesterday and when I got to this spot I noticed a truck laden with sand or gravel that was in a big dish. The location made me curious because it's exactly opposite where tanker exploded about 3weeks ago. Thank God for your salvation.

Something fast should be done about a speed breaker that is constructed on that road immediately after Mobil filling station, it's done halfway and the way motorists avoid it is a recipe for disaster.
its true my brother!

The policemen told me about the incident, the same thing happened (failed brake) and the driver was not so fortunate, and days after another happened, in fact, some of the butchers that came out to help told me similar incidents happen like 3 times weekly, it is the steep that is the major problem, and there is also a problem of 'overloading' of these vehicles (like in my case), government needs to really do something about it!

And that speed bump that is cut in half (by residents, so I heard) is a complete recipe for disaster. God help us all!!!
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by misshoree(f): 11:54am On Apr 03, 2015
Congrat dear
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by darejem4real: 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thank God
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Temptee101(m): 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
iwant2beheard:
I sincerely thank God for my life! I thank God for my mum's life!

My mum insisted I took her to the hospital, she had a hard time yesterday having her good night sleep (as her BP has been on the high), I had to take permission off work in order to take her...

Our mission was to go to general hospital (at ikorodu, opp high court), we left home at about 11.30 am.

We were coming from ebute (I stay at alogba estate), as we passed the mobil filling station and about climbing the hill towards general hospital, I noticed a big truck coming with full speed with its back, I immediately swerved to the on coming car's lane (fortunately there was no car coming), somehow, the truck swerved in that direction and all I could hear was a loud GBOA!!!, my mum was trapped at the driver seat and was in a serious shock, I ran down (instinctively) to start waving all the cars down(so as not to hit my precious mum. It created a big traffic but alas, the police came to take the cars to one side.

Bottom line is, I am safe, and so is my mum, no injuries (except minor scratches), we thank the lord!
I thank God for sparing your life and that of your mum. May He continue to guide and protect us all. Amen
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by YabaLeftist: 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thank God for your lives.

But your English sucks pretty bad, had to read it many times. Your mum is in the driver seat? Smh undecided
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
May God be with you and ur mum
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by iwant2beheard: 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
YabaLeftist:
Thank God for your lives.

But your English sucks pretty bad, had to read it many times. Your mum is in the driver seat? Smh undecided
lol bro!

I was fast typing and there was pretty tension in me, besides, iam not quite used to my android yet (like say I use my lappy, you for think say I be patrick obhiaghon), all the same, thanks for your concern!
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
Testimony will keep on flowing in your family Amen***

Am happy for you***
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Krasid(m): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thank God for your life and that of your mum.You will not die before your time.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by guiltypleasure(m): 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
Praise God!
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by mexzony: 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
Thank God almighty for your life and that of your mum.
No evil will befall any one of us in Jesus name.Amen
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
iwant2beheard:
I sincerely thank God for my life! I thank God for my mum's life!

My mum insisted I took her to the hospital, she had a hard time yesterday having her good night sleep (as her BP has been on the high), I had to take permission off work in order to take her...

Our mission was to go to general hospital (at ikorodu, opp high court), we left home at about 11.30 am.

We were coming from ebute (I stay at alogba estate), as we passed the mobil filling station and about climbing the hill towards general hospital, I noticed a big truck coming with full speed with its back, I immediately swerved to the on coming car's lane (fortunately there was no car coming), somehow, the truck swerved in that direction and all I could hear was a loud GBOA!!!, my mum was trapped at the driver seat and was in a serious shock, I ran down (instinctively) to start waving all the cars down(so as not to hit my precious mum. It created a big traffic but alas, the police came to take the cars to one side.

Bottom line is, I am safe, and so is my mum, no injuries (except minor scratches), we thank the lord!

Thank God!

2 observations however

1. That is not a truck but a danfo bus. Danfo buses rarely experience that kind of break failure. The story you told is different from what is portrayed in the pics.

2. How was your mum trapped when the driver's side was free? Why did she not come down from that side after you dropped?

It is well!
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
Your mum was "trapped at the driver's seat"? But she was a passenger, right? The big truck also turns out to be a Volkswagen Transporter / Vanagon.

You also had time to stop and take pictures. Insurance requirements or not, I wouldn't even think of taking photographs of the wreck, definitely not with my mom trapped in the car. Dude, you must have balls of steel. Wtf??

I'm finding it very hard to comprehend this accident.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by tellwisdom: 2:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
See your cheap car ..sad....Go and buy a better car... Poor boi angry

1 Like

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

He explained why. Please learn to read first before going off. This is serious stuff

Yeah, yeah. He explained why - insurance or po-po requirement. Stuff that - with my mum trapped in a car, with a history of high blood pressure, protocol goes out of the window.

And then coming to post the picture on Nairaland - is that protocol too?
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
candygosh:
I actually know that landslide very well and each time I pass by I just pray nothing happens cos the way pple speed when trying to descend is amazing.
No thanks to ikorodu people who have found a way to damage the speed bump placed there.

glad to see you n ur mum alive n kicking

Landslide?

Chineke!
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
Siena:

Yeah, yeah. He explained why - insurance or po-po requirement. Stuff that - with my mum trapped in a car, with a history of high blood pressure, protocol goes out of the window.

I mean what if the car then started burning?
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
CityNG:

I mean what if the car then started burning?

Brother, he would take pictures of the blaze, following insurance and po-po protocol, naturally.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by stonecoldcafe: 3:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Siena:

The guy explained why he did. This is Nigeria, and if he has to take a few pictures so someone does not begin to sing a different tune tomorrow - then so be it!

What insurance? Dude didn't say anything about insurance. Who does that in nigeria? He said the truck driver is fixing his car now. Besides you don't know how many seconds it took him to take those pics. The police were present too so you don't expect him to just zoom off without having a word with the truck driver! For this Naija? LOL

Finally if he wants to post his pics here and say 'thank God for me' again no harm. Most people have clearly rejoiced with him so...
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

The guy explained why he did. This is Nigeria, and if he has to take a few pictures so someone does not begin to sing a different tune tomorrow - then so be it!

What insurance? Dude didn't say anything about insurance. Who does that in nigeria? He said the truck driver is fixing his car now. Besides you don't know how many seconds it took him to take those pics. The police were present too so you don't expect him to just zoom off without having a word with the truck driver! For this Naija? LOL

Finally if he wants to post his pics here and say 'thank God for me' again no harm. Most people have clearly rejoiced with him so...

This may well be Nigeria, so what? Nigeria is not on Mars. It's on Planet Earth. Nigerians are not a different species, they are human too.

Who said anything about zooming off? The point is with his mother "trapped in the car, with a history of high blood pressure." Why would anyone have the balls to take pictures to satisfy po-po or Nairaland subscribers, while his other was trapped in the car? Luckily there was no fire, if there was, would the thread starter still pause to take pictures?

Regardless of what animals members of the NPF can be, I doubt they would have beaten the thread starter up, if he chose to get his mom out of a totalled car, made sure she was safe BEFORE taking pictures! I can't see what's so difficult to comprehend here.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by stonecoldcafe: 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Siena:

Regardless of what animals members of the NPF can be, I doubt they would have beaten the thread starter up, if he chose to get his mom out of a totalled car, made sure she was safe BEFORE taking pictures! I can't see what's so difficult to comprehend here.

No I comprehend lol. Were you present? Do you know what he did or did not do with his mother before the pic was taken?
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
As for "fixing" that car, wow. The A, B and C pillars are integral structural parts of the bodyshelll. From the picture on the first page, the B pillar is shot. Why would anyone wish to fix this ruin, and still use it as a daily? Another smash, and this car will fold up like a deck chair.

This car is only fit as a parts donor, and should not be allowed back on the road. I can see why even low-speed collision scenarios in Nigeria often result in fatalities.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

No I comprehend lol. Were you present? Do you know what he did or did not do with his mother before the pic was taken?

No, I wasn't present. But I'm intelligent enough to know he did not get his mother out of the car, ensure she was safe, then shove her back in to take pictures.

Or did he? With balls of concrete swinging between his legs, anything's possible.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Young man, stop defending what the OP did. He knowing fully well his mom has a history of HBP still left his mom trapped in the wreck, went to the front of the car, took pictures of the wreck JUST to SIMPLY satisfy insurance, ekelebe aka boys in black aka olopa aka po po and you blood thirsty gory sight hungry picture or 'adontbelieve' it crew of Nairaland. That OP is to me a wacko and should be tried for 'attempted criminally negligent manslaughter'.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by stonecoldcafe: 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
lomomike:

Young man, stop defending what the OP did. He knowing fully well his mom has a history of HBP still left his mom trapped in the wreck, went to the front of the car, took pictures of the wreck JUST to SIMPLY satisfy insurance, ekelebe aka boys in black aka olopa aka po po and you blood thirsty gory sight hungry picture or 'adontbelieve' it crew of Nairaland. That OP is to me a wacko and should be tried for 'attempted criminally negligent manslaughter'.

Yeah I'll defend what I like and you do yours. Plus no need to cuss op out. You can make your points without doing that.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Texasquare(m): 4:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
lonngmann:
Congratulations o
You won't die before your time
You and your family will live to witness the new breeze of change
thank God....dat breeze of change.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by stonecoldcafe: 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Siena:

No, I wasn't present. But I'm I telligent enough to know he did not get his mother out of the car, ensure she was safe, then shove her back in to take pictures.

Or did he? With balls of concrete swinging between his legs, anything's possible.

Yeah right. I got your 'itelligent' post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's / Photo: Baby, 5 Others Die In Fatal Multiple Accident In Abeokuta / Actual Cost Of Customs Duty In Nigeria At Your Fingertip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.