Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] (8712 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: "Linda Ikeji Needs Cream To Tone Out Her Knees & Feet" / Biggest Shopping Mall In Benin Burns To The Ground (photos) / MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by chijoy7(f): 4:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
\Handpicked from birth, these pre-pubescent girls are known as Kumaris and are believed to be incarnations of the Hindu Goddess of Power, Kali - reported the DailyMail. From the moment they are chosen for their role, and pass a rigorous 32-stage test, these living goddesses are propelled to immortal-like status, deemed to be protectors from evil by thousands of adoring Hindus and Buddhists. But for these girls, it is not just a name and status that they are given - their whole life changes. Kumaris - which means virgin in Nepalese - are forced to leave their homes and are hidden away in temples as a living deity, only able to leave when they are required at festivals and processions as the subject of worship.
These Kumaris are even considered too special to walk, instead being carried in chariots, thrones and other people's arms - sometimes meaning they do not learn to walk until they retire. And the girls are banned from going to school or taking part in day-to-day society, only appearing outside their homes or temples up to 13 times a year.But once they reach puberty, everything changes for these Kumaris. After menstruation starts, the girls are put through a 12-day 'Gufa' ritual, after which their life as a Kumari ends - and they return to an ordinary life that they have never known.

2 Shares

Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by pretydiva(f): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
Interesting. Tel me more undecided
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by bjcuntis(m): 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. that is pure stupidity nd ignorance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by chinnelle(f): 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
undecided
indians and their weird culture/tradition
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by Airforce1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Jesus wept

1 Like

Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hmmmmm
Interestin
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
I won't mind being carried around myself.
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by bbeckky: 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
Airforce1:
Jesus wept
He wept indeed
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by Eljay24(m): 6:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
firstEVA:

For dis Naija or another one?
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by Eljay24(m): 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
pretydiva:
Interesting. Tel me more undecided

U want to be a goddess too?
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
Eljay24:

For dis Naija or another one?
anywhere, so far my legs do not touch the ground tongue
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by seankay(m): 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by Eljay24(m): 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
firstEVA:
anywhere, so far my legs do not touch the ground tongue

Its possible,
. .. This one wey work no dey again
But it will cost you sha" smiley
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by youngberry001(m): 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
chinnelle:
undecided
indians and their weird culture/tradition
lolx
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by olasoji1: 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
The Top 10 Most Beautiful African Actresses in 2015

See the Hot actresses here ====>>> http://www.abisoj.com/2015/04/the-top-10-most-beautiful-african.html

Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by axortedbabe(f): 8:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hayu serious?tel me more..
Mtchew..
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by bellabae(f): 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Bible is complete
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
Beht wait o....

She de sh1t?! undecided undecided angry angry

1 Like

Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by constance500: 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
Ehn ehn.

Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by MoneyGreen(m): 10:04pm On Apr 02, 2015
If I slap her eh, she go run naked from here to sambisa desert.
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by esther1994(f): 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hope she is not a cripple? Just thinking.
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by solihu(m): 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
Blebleswag:
Hmmmmm
Interestin

O baby buy yourself some yansh!

E no cost o grin if you can not afford one, I suggest you borrow, and if they refuse to lend u grin steal a yansh
gaddemit! wink

1 Like

Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by jauntty: 11:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
firstEVA:
so dat u won't go to school rite? grin

1 Like

Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by kellyJames5(m): 12:02am On Apr 03, 2015
It can only happen in....
india!
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by gabby227(m): 12:07am On Apr 03, 2015
chijoy7:
\Handpicked from birth, these pre-pubescent girls are known as Kumaris and are believed to be incarnations of the Hindu Goddess of Power, Kali - reported the DailyMail. From the moment they are chosen for their role, and pass a rigorous 32-stage test, these living goddesses are propelled to immortal-like status, deemed to be protectors from evil by thousands of adoring Hindus and Buddhists. But for these girls, it is not just a name and status that they are given - their whole life changes. Kumaris - which means virgin in Nepalese - are forced to leave their homes and are hidden away in temples as a living deity, only able to leave when they are required at festivals and processions as the subject of worship.
These Kumaris are even considered too special to walk, instead being carried in chariots, thrones and other people's arms - sometimes meaning they do not learn to walk until they retire. And the girls are banned from going to school or taking part in day-to-day society, only appearing outside their homes or temples up to 13 times a year.But once they reach puberty, everything changes for these Kumaris. After menstruation starts, the girls are put through a 12-day 'Gufa' ritual, after which their life as a Kumari ends - and they return to an ordinary life that they have never known.

That lady is my wife........Where have u been all these while?
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by swaggzo(m): 12:23am On Apr 03, 2015
I SEE NO FLYING PEOPLE undecided
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 03, 2015
so weird! lipsrsealed
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by Walexsammy(m): 12:30am On Apr 03, 2015
My pple perish for lack of knowledge
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by wheesin(m): 1:41am On Apr 03, 2015
So whats their feet busy with..discussing with gravity... undecidedPoor girls...i pity their innocence
Re: MEET The Real-life Goddesses Whose Feet Don't Touch The Ground! [photos] by cococandy(f): 3:30am On Apr 03, 2015
What an Injustice!
Poor girls embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will U Do If A Girl In Church Play U This Wayo[picture] / Actress Regina Daniels Flaunts Sexy Legs In New Photos / Yahoo Boy Breaks The Internet As He Smoke With US $100 Highest Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.