Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

What I Expect From Buhari - Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Expect From Buhari - Opinion (801 Views)

Jibrin: When Osinbajo Gives Order, People Run To London To Get Buhari's Opinion / VP Osibanjo Is A Better Leader Than Buhari ( Opinion) / Six Things To Expect From Buhari's 2016 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Expect From Buhari - Opinion by LekinsRibirth(m): 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
I thank the Good Lord for hearing our prayers in granting us a violence free post-election exercise conducted on the 28th of March, 2015.
The stakes are high as Nigeria awaits the president elect to assume power and immediately get to work. Nigeria in the past few years have experienced hardtimes and we hope the newly elected president will put modalities in place in ratifying some of the slums caused by the out-going administration.
Here are some of the problems I monotonously think the incoming administration should put to order. I'll be brief about it.

1.corruption: corruption has clearly eaten deep into Nigeria and I hope Buhari would do something quickly about it. I'll be most joyful if I can see some mischievous politicians spend quality time in jail for the several times they've stolen from us,
Starting from the former governor of Edo State who robbed the Edo people for 8years (and still counting).
I think more power and support should be attributed to the EFCC to jail these criminals.
2. Power: As I currently create this thread we nor get light! *am serious (no light since morning)* We rarely have night for less than 3hours (maybe different elsewhere), and most places hav'nt had light for weeks or even months.
I hope Buhari looks into this.
3. Education: a particular federal university requires 200k per semester for some medical courses. This is way too high for the common man and self-sponsoring youth.
I was on my way out in the morning when I saw a secondary school girl carried a plastic chair inside the bus I was sitting with her name written on it (dem nor get chair for school). . If the government can't provide chairs for schools in GRA I can only imagine the situation at my LGA/village. In civilised countries public educational institutions house the best teachers and upto-date modern learning facilities and equipments but the reverse is the case in Nigeria. One just begin to wonder how much these people budget for education.
I hope GMB looks into this.
4. Security : I wonder where the chibok girls are and I sincerely hope they'll one day return to their families.
I pray God console the families up north who have really been the main target of the insurgent group. May all those who have lost their lives as a result of terrorism rest in God's bosom.
I hope the incoming president will tie loosed stings and re-organise our Nigeria army to ensure the security and safety of every nigerian.

5 close monitoring of local government chairmen: development begins from the grassroot. . As I dey talk, my local government chairman never do one thing since e assume office! I nor even sure if he dey the country. . These people hardly do what is required of them yet they're allocated funds to provide basic amenities for their LGAs.
I don't know how they'll go about this, probably if GMB could set up a committee or an organisation devout to observe and monitor the work and development of local government and their chairmen.
I hope you over look the typo and literal structural mistakes up there....
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: What I Expect From Buhari - Opinion by olas24u(f): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
LekinsRibirth:
I thank the Good Lord for hearing our prayers in granting us a violence free post-election exercise conducted on the 28th of March, 2015.
The stakes are high as Nigeria awaits the president elect to assume power and immediately get to work. Nigeria in the past few years have experienced hardtimes and we hope the newly elected president will put modalities in place in ratifying some of the slums caused by the out-going administration.
Here are some of the problems I monotonously think the incoming administration should put to order. I'll be brief about it.

1.corruption: corruption has clearly eaten deep into Nigeria and I hope Buhari would do something quickly about it. I'll be most joyful if I can see some mischievous politicians spend quality time in jail for the several times they've stolen from us,
Starting from the former governor of Edo State who robbed the Edo people for 8years (and still counting).
I think more power and support should be attributed to the EFCC to jail these criminals.
2. Power: As I currently create this thread we nor get light! *am serious (no light since morning)* We rarely have night for less than 3hours (maybe different elsewhere), and most places hav'nt had light for weeks or even months.
I hope Buhari looks into this.
3. Education: a particular federal university requires 200k per semester for some medical courses. This is way too high for the common man and self-sponsoring youth.
I was on my way out in the morning when I saw a secondary school girl carried a plastic chair inside the bus I was sitting with her name written on it (dem nor get chair for school). . If the government can't provide chairs for schools in GRA I can only imagine the situation at my LGA/village. In civilised countries public educational institutions house the best teachers and upto-date modern learning facilities and equipments but the reverse is the case in Nigeria. One just begin to wonder how much these people budget for education.
I hope GMB looks into this.
4. Security : I wonder where the chibok girls are and I sincerely hope they'll one day return to their families.
I pray God console the families up north who have really been the main target of the insurgent group. May all those who have lost their lives as a result of terrorism rest in God's bosom.
I hope the incoming president will tie loosed stings and re-organise our Nigeria army to ensure the security and safety of every nigerian.

close monitoring of local government chairmen: development begins from the grassroot. . As I dey talk, my local government chairman never do one thing since e assume office! I nor even sure if he dey the country. . These people hardly do what is required of them yet they're allocated funds to provide basic amenities for their LGAs.
I don't know how they'll go about this, probably if GMB could set up a committee or an organisation devout to observe and monitor the work and development of local government and their chairmen.
I hope you over look the typo mistakes up there.... No time to cross-check.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

In a true federalism the federal doe snot have any business with the local government
Re: What I Expect From Buhari - Opinion by LekinsRibirth(m): 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
olas24u:

In a true federalism the federal doe snot have any business with the local government
Thanks for the correction, taken.
Buh you didn't have to mention the entire write-up.
Re: What I Expect From Buhari - Opinion by olas24u(f): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
LekinsRibirth:
Thanks for the correction, taken.
Buh you didn't have to mention the entire write-up.

Yea ,your list of important issues were very realistic ,but you will need to fight corruption to fix, education ,health and the rest.I suggest a Ministry of corruption. with a Minister of corruption and they can fully concentrate on corruption with an accelerated justice system with death penalty .

(1) (Reply)

"Oba Akiolu" ,.."the Lagoon"..... "How I Was Forced To Open This Thread.".. / It Is Immoral To Defect, PDP Tells Members / Apc And Lp Has Accused INEC Of Conniving With PDP To Rig Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.