Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,064 members, 7,852,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

Must-watch: President-elect Buhari's First Address To The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Must-watch: President-elect Buhari's First Address To The Nation (421 Views)

First Address By New CG Of Custom- Col. Hameed Ali (rtd) / What Could President-elect Buhari Be Thinking In This Picture? / DSS Appoints Mani As New Chief Security Officer For President-elect, Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must-watch: President-elect Buhari's First Address To The Nation by Revolution: 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmWES_LQgtk

If anything, watch from 15:50 where President-elect Buhari promised that "Boko Haram will soon know the strength of our collective will and commitment to rid this nation of terror". He then goes on to say "Furthermore, we shall strongly battle another form of evil that is even worse than terrorism, the evil of corruption. Corruption attacks and seeks to destroy our national institutions and character by misdirecting into selfish hands, funds intended for public purpose. Corruption distorts the economy and worsens income inequality, it creates a class of unjustly enriched people. Such an illegal yet powerful force soon comes to undermine democracy because its conspirators have amassed so much money that they believe they can buy government. We shall end this threat to our economic development and democratic survival. I repeat that corruption will not be tolerated by this administration and it shall no longer be allowed to stand as if it is a respected monument in this nation. I ask you to join me in resolving this and other challenges we face."

1 Like

Re: Must-watch: President-elect Buhari's First Address To The Nation by Revolution: 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
Change has arrived. No more chop I chop

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Till 2019 Robots Insurgence On NL / Benue Deputy Gov. Lawani Debunk Decamp Rumour / Wtf! Who Deleted My 'yoruba Ronu' Thread?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.