Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu (1828 Views)

IPOB May Banish Igbokwe From Igboland Over Anti-biafra Comment / PHOTO: Lagos Reps Member Visits Sen Tinubu After Verbal War With Dino Malaye / KOGI ELECTION: Lagos Reps Member Is Audu's Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
PDP clears five constituencies, Accord Party one

Olawale Olaleye 

In what may turn out to be one of the significant upsets in this year’s general election, Igbos living in Lagos have made a significant statement by clearing at least two House of Representatives seats out of the five won by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

In total, the All Progressives Congress (APC) lost six seats to the opposition in the state. While the PDP cleared five seats, three of which were won by candidates of South-east origin, the Accord Party (AP) won the sixth.

Although most of the House seats lost by the APC were in the Igbo-dominated local government areas of the state, the AP victory was situated in the heart of Mushin, another crucial part of the state.

For instance, in Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area, which has a high South-eastern population, particularly in areas like Kirikiri, Satellite Town and FESTAC, the PDP candidate, Oghene Egboh, who is from Delta State, defeated Mr. Ganiyu Olukolu of the APC.

The same scenario played out in Ajeromi/Ifelodun, another densely-populated area in Lagos State, which is home to Ajegunle (an Igbo-dominated area), as the PDP candidate, Mrs. Rita Orji, a South-easterner and lawyer, defeated Taiwo Adenekan of the APC.

In Oshodi/Isolo Federal Constituency 2, the incumbent, Mr. Akeem Munir, lost to Mr. Tony Nwoolu of the PDP, also an Igbo man.

Still for the PDP, the story was not different in another Igbo-dominated Ojo council are, where the PDP candidate, although a Yoruba man, Mr. Tajudeen Obasa, won the seat.

Also, in Surulere Federal Constituency 2, in which Aguda is situated and a few other Igbo settlements, Mr. Tunji Soyinka of the PDP defeated Mr. Hakeem Bamgbala of the APC.

Apart from the “Igbo factor”, it was learnt that the incumbent, Mr. Aliyu Kazeem, had been in court with Bamgbala over the conduct of the primary. Thus the division within the party was believed to have given the PDP the leverage in the community.

The APC candidate in Mushin Federal Constituency 2, Mr. Yemi Alli, who incidentally, is a three-time former local government chairman in Mushin, lost to Hon. Dauda Kako-Aare of the AP.

Kako-Aare, the incumbent, had lost at the APC primary last December to Alli but defected to AP, where he eventually retained his seat.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/igbo-delta-candidates-spring-surprise-in-lagos-win-three-house-seats/205644/

1 Like

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
[size=18pt]Nzogbu nzogbu Enyimba enyi,
Nzogbu nzogbu Enyimba enyi,
zogbuo Tinubu Enyimba enyi
zogbou APC eEnyimba enyi
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
[size=28pt]God bless Biafrans[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
[size=48pt]One Nigeria only when it benefit us[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
[size=48pt]NML- No man's Land is no longer in the making but its already here,
Alausa in the horizon, am supporting Bassey Akpan from Ikot Abasi to take over from JK in 2023[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by demelza: 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
Werey

2 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by TopGee: 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
So, this Igbo factor may work in favour of Jimi Agbaje because many Yorubas that voted for Buhar will definitely go for Agbaje plus Igbo votes. Jimi Agbaje lost his ward to APC during Presidential Election, but it will be difficult to lose it again because his own people will surely go for him.

Anyway, it is going to be 50-50 considering the small margin APC used to defeat PDP in the last election.

1 Like

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by hotunba20(m): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Change is just everywhere now

Hausa,igbo and yoruba coming together as one.
There I should be competition in the house not only one party deciding everytime.

It calls for celebration

Change!
Change!!
Change!!!

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
[s]
demelza:
Werey
[/s]

[size=18pt]No man's Land is here to stay, we must share the spoil from our city, Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religion have a stake here and must be respected, we sowed here so we must reap here, Lagos belongs to Nigerians and Biafrans should start holding the ace[/size]

1 Like

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Descartes: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
Alausa here we come!!!

1 Like

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
Change my broda, lets enshrine the NML tag on this beautiful city we built and tell those claiming her to desist from trying to steal our light or be shot in their skulls,

We need change
JK we know, JK is the man, JK is a true son of the soil not some bunch of barbaric invaders from the mud apparitions grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hotunba20:
Change is just everywhere now

Hausa,igbo and yoruba coming together as one.
There I should be competition in the house not only one party deciding everytime.

It calls for celebration

Change!
Change!!
Change!!!

God bless Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
TopGee:
So, this Igbo factor may work in favour of Jimi Agbaje because many Yorubas that voted for Buhar will definitely go for Agbaje plus Igbo votes. Jimi Agbaje lost his ward to APC during Presidential Election, but it will be difficult to lose it again because his own people will surely go for him.

Anyway, it is going to be 50-50 considering the small margin APC used to defeat PDP in the last election.
jimi agbaje will never win any governorship election in lagos. You people should stop deceiving him. He will be mercilessly flogged by ambode next week.

Ambode we know
Jimi agbaje we don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
its like an Hausa and Igboman have ruled Lagos in the past the reason why Ala-Land and Awusa- Hausa is the name of the government house.
By the time we take over we will ditch Hausas and name it Alaigbo, we will open spare parts shops in front of the secreatariat, we will be selling premium palmie in the government house while Mama Nkechi will be roasting Yam and Ukpaka at the gate

Descartes:
Alausa here we come!!!

3 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by TopGee: 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
kastonkastrol:
jimi agbaje will never win any governorship election in lagos. You people should stop deceiving him. He will be mercilessly flogged by ambode next week.
Ambode we know
Jimi agbaje we don't know.

With collective resolve, everything is possible, and Agbaje may have it.

1 Like

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:
its like an Hausa and Igboman have ruled Lagos in the past the reason why Ala-Land and Awusa- Hausa is the name of the government house.
By the time we take over we will ditch Hausas and name it Alaigbo, we will open spare parts shops in front of the secreatariat, we will be selling premium palmie in the government house while Mama Nkechi will be roasting Yam and Ukpaka at the gate

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by TopGee: 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Am Igbo, but this kind of comment I detest.

2 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Doncolio(m): 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
Good...majority should carry the vote. Others should learn from Lagos. I used to live in Festac and everyday I wished it was represented and chaired by someone who will represent the majority there, 'the Ibos'.

Glad it happened.

#GodBlessNigeria

1 Like

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
Me too i dont like it but this is something that must happen because change is taking place, we need change in Federal likewise we need change in Lagos,

i hope JK will install me as Obi of Lagos when he won, i will be lording Mayorofajegunle, kastonkastrol, seseggs, aresa and Orlando Owoh.

Obi of Lagos or Onowu of AlaLekkigbo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

TopGee:

Am Igbo, but this kind of comment I detest.

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by kasiem(m): 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
Unu nafu acho okwu.... mgbe ndi iberibe a ye ebido igbakasi onu Unu ye agbakwu oso. Mana ndibeanyi Unu anwaka o, obere ihe ka oforo anyi achupu ndia na lagosu

2 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
TopGee:

With collective resolve, everything is possible, and Agbaje may have it.
jimi may be a good guy and all that but his party is another different thing. Personally I kinda like him but lagos is not ready for a PDP governor now. Lagos under APC for 2years has achieved more development than Nigeria has achieved under PDP for 16 good years. If you have heard jimi promises during his campaign rallies, you will understand that agbaje is not the kinda governor lagosians want.

3 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Me too i dont like it but this is something that must happen because change is taking place, we need change in Federal likewise we need change in Lagos,

i hope JK will install me as Obi of Lagos when he won, i will be lording Mayorofajegunle, kastonkastrol, seseggs, aresa and Orlando Owoh.

Obi of Lagos or Onowu of AlaLekkigbo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

people like u are the reason why your do father's died in d north in 1966, after coup u guys went and was taunting d Northerners over the death of Sarduana, when they descended on ur asses, u guys started looking for who wud go down with u ppl, thank God, Awo was a wise man to have seen Ojukwu s suicide mission... now sm igbos re making it in lagos politics instead of u to be proud of dem logically and in a civilized way, u come here and start making gest of d people in the place the are trying to rise, very soon the might scheme and push them out and u wud start crying that Nigeria hates u ppl, dat u ppl re being marginalized... angry

3 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
[size=18pt]When you were mocking Igbos for voting Jonathan dont you know you have skeletons in your cupboard, you can console yourself as much as you like but change is here to stay, Lagos is a no man's land and the actual owners are coming for their properties [/size]

[s]
lygn19:
people like u are the reason why your do father's died in d north in 1966, after coup u guys went and was taunting d Northerners over the death of Sarduana, when they descended on ur asses, u guys started looking for who wud go down with u ppl, thank God, Awo was a wise man to have seen Ojukwu s suicide mission... now sm igbos re making it in lagos politics instead of u to be proud of dem logically and in a civilized way, u come here and start making gest of d people in the place the are trying to rise, very soon the might scheme and push them out and u wud start crying that Nigeria hates u ppl, dat u ppl re being marginalized... angry
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by mike404(m): 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:
[size=48pt]NML- No man's Land is no longer in the making but its already here,
Alausa in the horizon, am supporting Bassey Akpan from Ikot Abasi to take over from JK in 2023[/size]
GUY I'M SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT YOU ARE A FOOL
Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:
[size=18pt]When you were mocking Igbos for voting Jonathan dont you know you have skeletons in your cupboard, you can console yourself as much as you like but change is here to stay, Lagos is a no man's land and the actual owners are coming for their properties [/size]

[s][/s]
nigga am an igbo man too, imo state... don't mind all doz ppl, if igbos voted Jonathan and then, the southsouth voted Jonathan too in massive yet they don't want to include them into the equation, then they re back to what they know best... the moment it involves sth good d SS becomes Ijaw and other minorities, but the moment it involves sth bad the entire southsouth turns igbo.

1 Like

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
My only problem with we igbo's was how we supported Jonathan despite all d warnings, Jonathan is not even igbo yet we were carrying his matter on our heads even more than the Ijaws... I don't know who kept lieing to them that if Buhari wins he is going to Islamize Nigeria,,, well Buhari has won now, let's see how d islamizing goes...
Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
Must you candidate win, people that didnt vote Buhari did that because they dont beleive in him, why are we crying over the lost, what sort of childishness is that that you put your money where your heart is only to come back and start regreting.

You have voted Jonathan so let the election slide and stop dwelling on past events.

lygn19:
My only problem with we igbo's was how we supported Jonathan despite all d warnings, Jonathan is not even igbo yet we were carrying his matter on our heads even more than the Ijaws... I don't know who kept lieing to them that if Buhari wins he is going to Islamize Nigeria,,, well Buhari has won now, let's see how d islamizing goes...

2 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Ojiofor: 11:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
Guy this is not necessary...stop making enemies for innocent law abiding Igbos residing in lagos.this post doesn't make sense at all.

2 Likes

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Must you candidate win, people that didnt vote Buhari did that because they dont beleive in him, why are we crying over the lost, what sort of childishness is that that you put your money where your heart is only to come back and start regreting.

You have voted Jonathan so let the election slide and stop dwelling on past events.

am not dwelling on past events, and I voted Buhari... wat am saying is dat dz thread is not necessary it's just gonna cause more problems.

1 Like

Re: Congrats To Lagos Reps From Igboland.foward Ever, Nzogbu Nzogbu, Zogbou Tinubu by TopGee: 11:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
While we celebrate Igbos that won some seats, but this celebration must dignify the host, and by this they may even encourage and vote for us in future elections.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Alleged APC Thugs Caught In Nsit Ubium, Akwa Ibom State / Udom Emmanuel To Sell Private Jet Acquired By Akpabio / Recent EFCC Stringent Financial Bail Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.