Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany (24762 Views)

Recession: National Assembly Invites Buhari / Niger-Delta Avengers Invites Buhari To Niger-Delta / Egyptian President Invites Buhari For Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by ninjasta: 4:18am On Apr 03, 2015
The Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, Angela Merkel, has officially invited Nigeria’s president-elect Gen. Muhamadu Buhari to Germany.

In a statement made available to LEADERSHIP yesterday, Merkel said that she is confident that her country will continue to intensify the close and amicable cooperation between both countries.

She however congratulated Buhari Nigeria’s President-elect for his victory at the just concluded presidential election, describing it as a clear signal for the further democratisation of the country she further called on him to face the challenge that lies ahead.

The statement reads in part, “Please accept my heartfelt congratulations on your election victory. With this election, the Nigerian people have sent a clear signal for the further democratisation of their country. Ahead of you lies responsibility for further consolidating democratic change with the combined forces of all political camps and for fostering Nigeria’s economic development. Allow me to encourage you to pursue this path.

“I am confident that we will continue and intensify the close and amicable cooperation between our two countries. I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to visit Germany. “I wish you strength and success for the tasks that lie ahead of you.’’

http://leadership.ng/news/422829/merkel-invites-buhari-to-germany

18 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by ninjasta: 4:24am On Apr 03, 2015
Just started feeling proud of Nigeria.
thank you lord..

186 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by femmy2010(m): 4:29am On Apr 03, 2015
Nigeria would be great again

118 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by mandhi(m): 4:32am On Apr 03, 2015
ninjasta:
Just started feeling proud of Nigeria.
thank you lord..
Bro, I swear to GOD.
Am beginning to feel like r here better days ahead. GOD Bless Nigeria.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by mensdept: 4:32am On Apr 03, 2015
I remember that Saddam Hussein was once a friend to these guys, and when he wanted to go a different direction they said no and overthrew him.

Now Buhari, who during his military rule was criticized buy these same folks, who also supported his overthrow, now are inviting him and pretending that all is well

LOL

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by FastShipping: 4:33am On Apr 03, 2015
My country is back from the brink of collapse. To God be thy Glory.

I now have someone I can proudly call my President for the first time in my adult life.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by ninjasta: 4:34am On Apr 03, 2015
But why the sudden interest from the superpowers, is that a sign that nigeria start to experiance the change?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:38am On Apr 03, 2015
I came here to [size=16pt]Go[/size]

[size=24pt]ssip[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by PassingShot(m): 4:38am On Apr 03, 2015
These invitations by all the countries that matter in the world are surely a welcome development for Nigeria as a nation and will definitely help launch us back into reckoning in the world affairs.

Better days surely are ahead of us with our decision to change the course of direction we were headed with Jonathan.

22 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by mensdept: 4:43am On Apr 03, 2015
FastShipping:
My country is back from the brink of collapse. To God be thy Glory.
I now have someone I can proudly call my President for the first time in my adult life.

let me help you think like a human being you were destined to be. Nigerians were enslaved by the British, who sent a guy to "Lord" over us. His girlfriend gave you, yes you, your identity when she coined the word Nigeria ( Ni,ger Area). Then they kind of left and said we have independence. Then the military came in and ruled and abused us, even Fela stated when jailed by Buhari, Na wahala, and for years we were falling. \

As the world began to advocate for freedom and "democracy", especially to secure the wealth of the third world with less instability and guilt, Nigerians were able to advocate for democracy and so many died, including hanged for it.

But low and behold, Africans will be Africans, and decide to vote/support these same guys BACK into power. To god be the glory, LOL

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by PaulJohn1: 4:52am On Apr 03, 2015
And must the president-elect travel down to these countries interested in intensifying close cooperation with Nigeria?
What's preventing them all from moving their butts up here since they're the ones who wanna make friend?
President-elect should make his people proud and not turn to a puppet that's gonna be so soft to control by these fellas.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by kokoA(m): 5:24am On Apr 03, 2015
They should leave our baba alone naw, ah! If they want to see him they know where to find him.. You just can't be inviting our president anyhow like that jare.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by Tolexander: 5:31am On Apr 03, 2015
PaulJohn1:
And must the president-elect travel down to these countries interested in intensifying close cooperation with Nigeria?
What's preventing them all from moving their butts up here since they're the ones who wanna make friend?
President-elect should make his people proud and not turn to a puppet that's gonna be so soft to control by these fellas.
I think he needs travelling to these countries inviting him for now that he hasn't been sworn in.

17 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by gists: 5:39am On Apr 03, 2015
I refused to be distracted. These are the same western powers that looked the other way when 2011 was shamefully rigged.
Granted int'l alliances needs to be strengthened and new ones formed. But the real job is at home - to rebuild Nigeria and restore integrity.
So please, General, stay focused. But I trust sha smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by tunwumi: 5:40am On Apr 03, 2015
Success is good

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by bola555(f): 5:46am On Apr 03, 2015
This man wil go places.

8 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by PaulJohn1: 5:48am On Apr 03, 2015
Tolexander:
I think he needs travelling to these countries inviting him for now that he hasn't been sworn in.

Can our president invite a president-elect of any europian or north American nation?

3 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by egift(m): 5:59am On Apr 03, 2015
The Valentine Day Gift Jonathan tried to deny Nigerians is still there. Buhari has made Nigeria the darling of the world. God bless Nigeria.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by Tolexander: 6:05am On Apr 03, 2015
PaulJohn1:

Can our president invite a president-elect of any europian or north American nation?
but the fact remains that nigeria has got negligible offering to the election in those nations you mentioned, we looked up to them for a peaceful conduct of election and transition. If the election had gone against our wish, they are the same nations we would called on for help though they may choose no to respond. Let these developed nations celeberate our President-elect, it is not easy to persistently contest 4 consecutive presidential elections in this nation. It doesn't translate into playing puppet to them.

10 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 03, 2015
smiley

Nigeria will be great again.

May God bless president Buhari.
May God bless nigerians

9 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by RockMaxi: 6:34am On Apr 03, 2015
mensdept:

let me help you think like a human being you were destined to be. Nigerians were enslaved by the British, who sent a guy to "Lord" over us. His girlfriend gave you, yes you, your identity when she coined the word Nigeria ( Ni,ger Area). Then they kind of left and said we have independence. Then the military came in and ruled and abused us, even Fela stated when jailed by Buhari, Na wahala, and for years we were falling. \

As the world began to advocate for freedom and "democracy", especially to secure the wealth of the third world with less instability and guilt, Nigerians were able to advocate for democracy and so many died, including hanged for it.

But low and behold, Africans will be Africans, and decide to vote/support these same guys BACK into power. To god be the glory, LOL

You started well but because you still abhor animosity against Buhari personality you screwed it up. undecided

Contrary to your view, this invitation is for all countries concerned to know where they stand in the events of things in this country. Most of this countries inviting Buhari are purely doing so based on the interest of their country. One way or the other they have benefitted from the laxity of previous government and they want to know whether to put a red alert on Buhari's government or make adjustment as the case may be.
My fear is that Buhari will be stunned by some revelations and may not come back as the Buhari
we've known after visiting this people especially France's Hollande. So much about BH and TOTAL interest.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by san316(m): 6:40am On Apr 03, 2015
Hmmm. Na wah oooooh. They should invite me na. I can speak for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by giantstrides(m): 6:50am On Apr 03, 2015
Great, Nigeria's battered image needs to be restored to it's former glory. And for those of you asking why Hollande and Merkel can't come to Nigeria, all I can do is throw my head back and have a hearty laugh, You need to know more about international politics and diplomacy .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 03, 2015
Sai Buhari

1. Anyone that travels with him on this trip shall be the Foreign Affairs Minister
2. We need visa on arrival in Germany
3. We need support from Germany to fight Boko Haram

6 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by cyril83(m): 7:06am On Apr 03, 2015
kokoA:
They should leave our baba alone naw, ah! If they want to see him they know where to find him.. You just can't be inviting our president anyhow like that jare.

That is the handwork of GEJ, he has traded our dear country for money.

How do you expect those countries to treat their debtor ?

2 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by omenka(m): 7:06am On Apr 03, 2015
Right now, I'm feeling the way I felt when we stopped Ebola in its stride some months ago.

God bless Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 03, 2015
It was when Ghadaffi started responding to the invites of the West that they eventually figured out a way to kill him.

If German wants a meeting let them visit Nigeria first.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by patrickmuf(m): 7:15am On Apr 03, 2015
Na was o! Make them free my man a beg...Abi them no sabi road to naija?

3 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 03, 2015
They know his not so smart they may want to manipulate him before he get himself some reasonable techy advisers.
We all know EU is still not happy with goodluck after he denied them the Trade pact with the Ecowas countries which would have taken us back to a pupurted mordern slavery. He should thread with caution while dealing with the west. I would advise him to retain Aganga he is a very good techy.

8 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by Pataki: 7:17am On Apr 03, 2015
This is good news. However, President elect Buhari should be very careful at this time.

If anyone remembers, one of the first things OBJ did when he became President was to be jumping up and down across continents.

Nigeria at this point in time needs a leader that will lead and stir this ship. Address issues immediately from the front, rather than flying across countries to France, Germany etc.

I believe and trust Buhari and I know he will do the right thing. Sort out some of the mess at home and all these honoring invitations can be done subsequently. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Chancellor Merkel Invites Buhari To Germany by Polickert: 7:18am On Apr 03, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joda Committee Asks Buhari To Appoint Only 19 Senior Ministers / #100wasteddays Trending As Nigerians Take To Twitter To Review President Buhari. / Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.