Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,380 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Nigerians In UK, Pls Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In UK, Pls Help (954 Views)

Nigerians In Cameroon Deported In Cattle Trucks (Photo) / Nigerian Student In UK Drowns In Canada While On School Trip (Photos) / Edmund Echukwu Dies At James Bond-Themed Sex Party In UK (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In UK, Pls Help by strictlynaija: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2015
Hello, I need ur help on how to get a job in UK (applying from Nigeria). I graduated last year with a nice grade but Naija has not been too funny in terms of securing a good job. My uncle told me the story of someone who applied to a UK company from Nigeria and he was employed with d company taking care of all travel expense. I also want to try this path but I really don't know what it takes to get a job in UK. if you have any useful information concerning this, please share.
God bless
Re: Nigerians In UK, Pls Help by worry357: 11:45am On Apr 03, 2015
To go that route you will need EXCEPTIONAL educational results that put you in the lead for the job.
No one is going to come looking for you. You will have to apply on line, ( and it must be a highly skilled job!)
You will need to show that you are the best person for the company and that it is worth investing all the time and money in your visa and transport.
Beware of THIEF agent that will promise you the world but just take your money.
Re: Nigerians In UK, Pls Help by strictlynaija: 11:50am On Apr 03, 2015
worry357:
To go that route you will need EXCEPTIONAL educational results that put you in the lead for the job.
No one is going to come looking for you. You will have to apply on line, ( and it must be a highly skilled job!)
You will need to show that you are the best person for the company and that it is worth investing all the time and money in your visa and transport.
Beware of THIEF agent that will promise you the world but just take your money.
Exceptional result is settled... do u know any company that can employ a Naija graduate??
Re: Nigerians In UK, Pls Help by worry357: 11:57am On Apr 03, 2015
strictlynaija:

Exceptional result is settled... do u know any company that can employ a Naija graduate??

I know hundreds of companies that "can" employ a Nigerian graduate.
YOU are the one that must search on line and respond to job vacancies.
There is no short cut or back door! (Only THIEF agent waiting to rob you.)

You say "Nigerian graduate", if you have a degree from a Nigerian school
then you will be competing against those from top UK. and USA. schools.
Be prepared to work very hard to impress them if you hope to succeed.
Re: Nigerians In UK, Pls Help by justwise(m): 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
strictlynaija:
Hello, I need ur help on how to get a job in UK (applying from Nigeria). I graduated last year with a nice grade but Naija has not been too funny in terms of securing a good job. My uncle told me the story of someone who applied to a UK company from Nigeria and he was employed with d company taking care of all travel expense. I also want to try this path but I really don't know what it takes to get a job in UK. if you have any useful information concerning this, please share.
God bless

Help yourself and read it here and see if you meet the requirement for any work visa listed here https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas
Re: Nigerians In UK, Pls Help by strictlynaija: 12:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
worry357:

I know hundreds of companies that "can" employ a Nigerian graduate.
YOU are the one that must search on line and respond to job vacancies.
There is no short cut or back door! (Only THIEF agent waiting to rob you.)

You say "Nigerian graduate", if you have a degree from a Nigerian school
then you will be competing against those from top UK. and USA. schools.
Be prepared to work very hard to impress them if you hope to succeed.
thanks boss...search begins
Re: Nigerians In UK, Pls Help by dustydee: 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2015
I think you need to have schooled in the UK to be considered for a graduate position. If you are experienced, then you may be able to find a sponsor.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Destinations In North Africa / How Many Nigerian States Have You Visited? / Photos:billionaire Spends £5.5Million To Take 2,500 Workers On Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.