Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Delta Decides 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Decides 2015 (1172 Views)

Edo Decides: Obaseki (APC) Won The Debates-Channels tv polls & nations Newspaper / Kogi Decides 2015. Live Update…#kogidecides / Lai Muhammad On Nigeria Decides 2015 On STV - Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Decides 2015 by lewizylee(m): 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
Here are our Aspirants for the oil rich state, Who do we think is fit for the race

PDP(Peoples Democratic Party) Aspirant Senator (Dr). Ifeanyo okowa.

Arthur Okowa Ifeanyi (born 8 July 1959) is a Nigerian politician who was elected Senator for Delta North, in Delta State, Nigeria, in the April 2011 national elections. He ran on the People's Democratic Party (PDP) platform. He is an Igbo of Anioma descent.

Okowa became Secretary to the Ika Local Government and then Chairman of the Ika North-East Local Government Council (1991–1993). He was Delta North Coordinator of the Grassroots Democratic Movement (GDM). He joined the PDP in 1998, and assisted in Governor James Ibori's campaign in 1998/1999. He served as a Commissioner in the Delta State government for Agriculture and Natural Resources (July 1999 – April 2001), Water Resources Development (April 2001 – May 2003) and Health (September 2003 – October 2006).

Okowa resigned to contest in the 2007 PDP primaries for Governor of Delta State, but did not succeed. In June 2007, Ifeanyi was appointed Secretary to the Delta state Government.

Ifeanyi was elected Delta North Senatorial candidate in the January 2011 PDP primaries with 942 votes, but the result was challenged by party leaders who favoured Marian Amaka Alli as candidate. He was re-elected in a rerun where he scored 1,446 votes, against 108 votes for Dr. Maryam Alli. In the April 2011 election for the Delta North Senatorial seat, Ifeanyi won 98,140 votes, ahead of runner up Prince Ned Munir Nwoko of the Democratic People's Party, who won 67,985 votes. It was reported that there was still tension. regarding the election in January 2013. Ifeanyi finally clinched the ticket for the gubernatorial election in 2015 under the PDP with 406 votes on December 8th 2014.

LP(Labour Party) Aspirant Chief Great Ogboru.

APC(All Progressive Congress) Otega Emerhor.

Let's see who the cap fits

Re: Delta Decides 2015 by lewizylee(m): 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
All I beg for is change!!!!

Tired of the PDP lead government in this state!!

For me I think OGBORU has what it takes to bring about the CHANGE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Delta Decides 2015 by 9ja4eva: 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
PDP don show us shege for that State and even though Okowa is my brother, we should give Ogboru a try.

1 Like

Re: Delta Decides 2015 by lewizylee(m): 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
9ja4eva:
PDP don show us shege for that State and even though Okowa is my brother, we should give Ogboru a try.
we have to try another hands..am also from ika north-east...nothing. Too show for..delta state has Always been stagnant with the pdp...Ogboru has my vote!!!

1 Like

Re: Delta Decides 2015 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
i think ogboru would win delta. would have loved PDP to win it though, in order to give the minorities a voice.
Re: Delta Decides 2015 by lewizylee(m): 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
shachris:
i think ogboru would win delta. would have loved PDP to win it though, in order to give the minorities a voice.
This same pdp people have been rulling since....Go and see the projects(stomach infrastructure) they claim they carried out...u will weep for the state...I still clamour For change!!! OGBORU haS what it takes!!!
Re: Delta Decides 2015 by jnrbanks: 4:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
rumours av it dat APC begged ogboru to step down...dat way d urhobos will not be divided....if Dats d case den PDP got allota work coz d urhobos r d majority...Buh if d case is reversed, den its pdp all d way.....

personally i don't av a favourite candidate amongst dem....let God select who ever He wants to rule.... but uduaghan na thief sha...d guy nearly finish delta state

1 Like

Re: Delta Decides 2015 by asha80(m): 4:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hope those guys from anioma axis would not feel bad if Una ogboru wins
Re: Delta Decides 2015 by otokx(m): 4:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
Urhobos should present 1 candidate and win or else PDP will take it.

1 Like

Re: Delta Decides 2015 by lewizylee(m): 4:31pm On Apr 03, 2015
jnrbanks:
rumours av it dat APC begged ogboru to step down...dat way d urhobos will not be divided....if Dats d case den PDP got allota work coz d urhobos r d majority...Buh if d case is reversed, den its pdp all d way.....

personally i don't av a favourite candidate amongst dem....let God select who ever He wants to rule.... but uduaghan na thief sha...d guy nearly finish delta state

I love the bottom line!!!
Re: Delta Decides 2015 by lewizylee(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
otokx:
Urhobos should present 1 candidate and win or else PDP will take it.
they should present Labour party...apc candidate don't have Much ground here...#standToBeCorrected!
Re: Delta Decides 2015 by lewizylee(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
asha80:
Hope those guys from anioma axis would not feel bad if Una ogboru wins

They have no other option but too accept it in good fate , if only its free and fair like the presidential election.
Re: Delta Decides 2015 by lewizylee(m): 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
Delta’s next gov’ll be Urhobo – Omene, UPU president!!!

I just saw this concerning LP & APC

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/deltas-next-govll-be-urhobo-omene-upu-president/
Re: Delta Decides 2015 by Solowande(m): 4:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
Who know Otega, Okowa all d way. PDP may lose to APC in d presidential election but not d gubernatorial election. Delta state is still PDP state anytime any day

1 Like

Re: Delta Decides 2015 by IVORY2009(m): 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
jnrbanks:

This is what is going to happen, the card reader will not work in the whole of Delta, come 11th of April, and the use of manuel reg/accd. Would be used, and Pdp will only write the results in favour of their candidate.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Loss Due To Irregularities — Metuh / Angel Of Death Erupts From Chile's Volcano (photos) / Gen. Buhari Spotted Drinking Tea With N20 Sachet Milo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.