Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? (1353 Views)

Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / Best Reply To When Your Wife Says No Sex Tonight.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by SmartFaces(f): 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Good evening great N Landers. Am sure day is coming on well... Happy post Electing.

Divorced 11Years After Marriage and He Blames His Dad.

11Years ago, he took his bride to be home to introduce her to his parents, his dad said he should not be in a rush, he should hold on so they can pray about it.

Weeks later, his father told him not to marry her, that people from her side of the country don't last long in marriages... they stay with you for a while, after which they leave you back to their father's house, not minding if they have kids with you or not.

Name of the girls place withheld, though from the southern part of Nigeria but the guy is from the eastern part of Nigeria.

Inquiring to know if it was God who spoke, his father made emphatically clear that it's not God but his instincts.

He went head to marry her against his father's wish. 10years after, with 3kids, the marriage crashed and he blames his dad for breaking his marriage... Saying if the dad had not said or pronounced that ultrance, that his marriage wouldn't have gone down the drain.

Was it his dad that actually broke his marriage with the words of his mouth?m Or

Was it his inability to handle his marriage issues that got it crashing?

Or other issues?

What i want to know is "When our Parents speak against our marriage intentions, are they actually right or wrong?
Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by Mprex(f): 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
i wish i could answer that question. pls who ever that has something tangible to say should tag me. i wish to hear it

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by Chizzy20(f): 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
hmm..am hia learn...bt i think its gud to get our parents approval nd blessings..b4 goin into any marriage.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
Your parents only want the best for you. If they should disapprove of your partner, trust me, there must be a reason why. Do not rest until you dig deep, and find out.

So judging if their reason(s) is sensible enough or not, you take your decision from there. Only you can decide.

But anyway, if you and your lover both love each other, and you are ready of facing the consequences of going against your family wishes, then please, do get married.

It's your life and you only get one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by Euphrosyne(m): 12:31am On Apr 04, 2015
Well i will listen to my father if and only if his reasons are genuine otherwise i will have to disagree with my father.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by elantraceey(f): 12:35am On Apr 04, 2015
it solely depends on the reasons he gives .

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by laplace12(m): 7:17am On Apr 04, 2015
There have been lots of marriages approved by parents that failed. Lots of them.

How come nobody is talking about them?

Parents approve or disapprove marriages from their own taste, not minding the taste of the child.

That's how my mum wanted my elder bro to marry one ugly chick just because she Is in good terms with her mum angry

4 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by Ewuro4: 7:35am On Apr 04, 2015
People , especially cognitive adults should try and be accountable for their mistakes in life. then the world will be balanced. To err is human, pick yourself up and move on if you can't fix it.
Imagine a grown man blaming his dad for ruining his 11 years marriage? Taah

@question, he always had good very reasons so I listened to his counsels. True, love is blind but using one's brain is more profitable in a long run. ( Marriage is a long term commitment).
Parents are more experienced IMHO.
Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by SmartFaces(f): 11:43am On Apr 04, 2015
Ewuro4:
People , especially cognitive adults should try and be accountable for their mistakes in life. then the world will be balanced. To err is human, pick yourself up and move on if you can't fix it.
Imagine a grown man blaming his dad for ruining his 11 years marriage? Taah

@question, he always had good very reasons so I listened to his counsels. True, love is blind but using one's brain is more profitable in a long run. ( Marriage is a long term commitment).
Parents are more experienced IMHO.

My dear, so it means he should not blame his dad for his marriage failure abi?
Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by SmartFaces(f): 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2015
laplace12:
There have been lots of marriages approved by parents that failed. Lots of them.

How come nobody is talking about them?

Parents approve or disapprove marriages from their own taste, not minding the taste of the child.

That's how my mum wanted my elder bro to marry one ugly chick just because she is good terms with her mum angry

You are so so right, There are lots of marriages with the consent of our parents that ends up as disgrace too.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by SmartFaces(f): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
elantraceey:
it solely depends on the reasons he gives .

kk.
Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by Ewuro4: 4:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
SmartFaces:

My dear, so it means he should not blame his dad for his marriage failure abi?

Absolutely NOT.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by bukatyne(f): 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
SmartFaces:
Good evening great N Landers. Am sure day is coming on well... Happy post Electing.

Divorced 11Years After Marriage and He Blames His Dad.

11Years ago, he took his bride to be home to introduce her to his parents, his dad said he should not be in a rush, he should hold on so they can pray about it.

Weeks later, his father told him not to marry her, that people from her side of the country don't last long in marriages... they stay with you for a while, after which they leave you back to their father's house, not minding if they have kids with you or not.

Name of the girls place withheld, though from the southern part of Nigeria but the guy is from the eastern part of Nigeria.

Inquiring to know if it was God who spoke, his father made emphatically clear that it's not God but his instincts.

He went head to marry her against his father's wish. 10years after, with 3kids, the marriage crashed and he blames his dad for breaking his marriage... Saying if the dad had not said or pronounced that ultrance, that his marriage wouldn't have gone down the drain.

Was it his dad that actually broke his marriage with the words of his mouth?m Or

Was it his inability to handle his marriage issues that got it crashing?

Or other issues?

What i want to know is "When our Parents speak against our marriage intentions, are they actually right or wrong?

What broke the marriage?

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by SmartFaces(f): 10:47am On Apr 05, 2015
Ewuro4:

Absolutely NOT.

Thank you dearie, Do you know you just thought or reminded me something... That we should be matured to take responsibilities for our actions and decisions.

Thanks alot. Happy Easter.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by SmartFaces(f): 10:52am On Apr 05, 2015
bukatyne:

What broke the marriage?

Hmmm! Big question. Their issue is a bit of complicated.

It ranges from the woman avoiding sex... to the man cheating on his wife... to the man complaining that the woman takes family issues out for people to hear and judge... to a whole lot of other issues, to numerous to mention.
Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by ovalrose(f): 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
Tricky. It's deflating to take your sweetheart to your parents only for them to reject them for one weighty or weightless reason. But then,advice from parents especially godly ones shouldn't be taken carelessly. My dad is someone whose advice I can never throw away cos he does hear from God and he is also odogwu( expert) in life issues. My sweet mom however fit wan make you marry one body like that cos he dey grease her palm and cupboard regularly.....wink its hard. I pray God and both my folks approve my future husband o.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by bukatyne(f): 1:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
SmartFaces:

Hmmm! Big question. Their issue is a bit of complicated.

It ranges from the woman avoiding sex... to the man cheating on his wife... to the man complaining that the woman takes family issues out for people to hear and judge... to a whole lot of other issues, to numerous to mention.

Hmm
He could have had these issues with any tribe

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by SmartFaces(f): 2:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
ovalrose:
Tricky. It's deflating to take your sweetheart to your parents only for them to reject them for one weighty or weightless reason. But then,advice from parents especially godly ones shouldn't be taken carelessly. My dad is someone whose advice I can never throw away cos he does hear from God and he is also odogwu( expert) in life issues. My sweet mom however fit wan make you marry one body like that cos he dey grease her palm and cupboard regularly.....wink its hard. I pray God and both my folks approve my future husband o.

Amen oh babe. God will help us dear. But like you said, it's deflating and heartbreaking. But the truth is if their reasons are genuie, just let go and with time you will get over it. How is your Easter celebration coming?
Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by SmartFaces(f): 2:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
bukatyne:

Hmm
He could have had these issues with any tribe

Abi? You are right though. But i think their inability to handle issue, Unforgiveness and strive is the major P.
Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by chamboy(m): 3:47am On Apr 07, 2015
ovalrose:
lies
Re: Will You Still Marry Him Or Her If Your Father Says No? by SmartFaces(f): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2015
chamboy:
lies

Ahh chamboy, you get hot tempa shaa. So funny, you feel she is lieing?

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Say Who Find A Wife Find A GOOD Thing So Why Is Many Guys Broke After / I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! / Mom’s Genius Strategy To Motivate Her Lazy Kids Will Make You Laugh Out Loud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.