Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman (3985 Views)

Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? / I Miss Sisqo / Eedris Abdukareem or Ruggedman: Who Would You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 10:47am On Jan 28, 2009
lmfao!
Sauron every1 but ur friends and urself thinks ure a fool!
Dsnt that tel u sumtn?
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by Taurusbull: 10:58am On Jan 28, 2009
Relax Sauron, only a few people knows you have sense. They all prefer M-9 to Rugged, let them be, it's their choice but I just realized that Mode Nine has more fans on Nairaland than on da streets where he really should be making it. I'm not sure Rugged will reply Mode cos he already did the song 'Won't Battle' feat C-mion but if he does reply, expect something better than Death blow, that's one thing I can guarantee anytime anyday and it will enjoy more air play and it will hit the streets hard cos doing songs that pleases the ear is what Mode don't have and that's where Rugged rocks

, off the box, which song is mode nine's best? Honestly I'd like to know
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by DBR: 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2009
Taurusbull:

Relax Sauron, only a few people knows you have sense. They all prefer M-9 to Rugged, let them be, it's their choice but I just realized that Mode Nine has more fans on Nairaland than on da streets where he really should be making it. I'm not sure Rugged will reply Mode cos he already did the song 'Won't Battle' feat C-mion but if he does reply, expect something better than Death blow, that's one thing I can guarantee anytime anyday and it will enjoy more air play and it will hit the streets hard cos doing songs that pleases the ear is what Mode don't have and that's where Rugged rocks

, off the box, which song is mode nine's best? Honestly I'd like to know
@
TaurusBull

1- that he wont reply cos he already did "wont battle" will be a weak excuse.
Did he not do "to whom it may concern"? did he not do " My life"? wat bout "waka waka"?
Rugged responded to M-9's "talkin to you" with "Bangin' didnt he?
so i say that is not a valid point.He asked for a blatant diss, now he got it, he is "duty bound"
to honorably respond to it. Once he does then the issshhh is just beginning.

2- That we shud expect sth better than Death blow if he replies? Yea, i hope so too
im waitin for him to up his game, lyrically that is. So if he come with sth better that
is good for the game, tho it means Deathblow 2 will be more fierce too.

3- Now u guys keep gettin it wrong. Enjoyin air play (especially in 9ja) aint the sign that u are ill,
it just says you r more commercial enuff to enjoy more airplay.
Believe me artists like crooked i, Royce5'9, Skyzoo, Punchline, Nas, Talib, Peterock
dont enjoy more airplay than 'em Souljaboy,Bow wow, Nelly, and the likes. And we know
it's not cos the latter is doper.
So for me the criteria for judgin if Ruggedy's response is better is the LYRICAL dexterity.
Not the beat, not a catchy hook, not even the delivery this time around, but the lyrics.
And may the best man, lyrically win.

Finally im sure M-9 has different "best song" it depends on individual.
So back atya like a boomerang, which is Rugged's best song??
oNe
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by Sauron1: 12:46pm On Jan 28, 2009
kaydee:

@ Sauron
I've told U a zillion times before to "shush" anytime the topic is "Hip-Hop".U know nothing and it's so annoying when U're so confident in ur ignorance.Please,be on ur Man Utd thread,U're doing O.K there. embarassed angry embarassed embarassed

U are an idiot. . . . .and no matter how much u try to hide this single most important factor, i will always see u as an idiot.
Retards like you are ordinary listeners and if stuffs like. . . .If-i-diss-a-baba-i am-not-talking-about-Ethiopia is a punchline to you, then u should have ur head examined. I write lyrics, i know metaphors when i see one and if anyone wants me to GHOSTWRITE in that Lagos of yours, I WOULD END MODENINE'S career.

What do u know about Hip-hop/Rap?? Mentioning Cashman Davis n Trybesmen. . . . .Is that your idea of a mainstream rapper.
Ruff Rugged n Raw?? How many of their videos were on Satellite TV in em days??
We are talking about a quality rapper in the mainstream, u are talking underground cats who are still wiring maxwell tapes.
Are u a reprobate??

Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.

This should be directed to Khanye, Javatwat, Tosinaded@(resident retard) and Toluwalomo.

toluwalomo:

Na wah for this sauron dude!
Talk about a PIG feeling so cool in his stench.
People ignore this fool.

U are a stinking swine slurping on Modenine's diseased semen.
When u have something more reasonable to say, get back to me.
There's nuthing to say u don't need an artificial intelligence. . . . .Go and buy yourself one.

Let him yap and eventually go slit his wrists.
Rugged should make his own "STAN" song about you.
You are really pathetic.
Go head, reply me, get your big words out and start raving like some rabid alien who came visiting from an uncultured planet.

Yet more rubbish from an autistic savant. . . . . . .U are a waste of your dad's Y-chromosomes.

tosinaded@:

lmfao!
Sauron every1 but ur friends and urself thinks ure a fool!
Dsnt that tel u sumtn?

Of course. . . . . .everyone but ma friends are retards. . . . . .
That only tells me i roll with smart n intelligent people not the half-baked graduates like yourself and Javalove or Khanye.
Kaydee is a school drop-out so what does he know. I don't associate me humble self with pillocks who have little or no musical nous.

Taurusbull:

off the box, which song is mode nine's best? Honestly I'd like to know

Finally, someone that makes sense. . . . . .

Lookie, whether Ruggedman replies Modenine or not. . . . . . .It doesn't take his street credibility away.
What is so difficult about making a diss track to Modenine?? Even a retard like Flowshow would hit Modey where it hurts.
If Rugged does not reply. . . .He doesn't want to not because he suddenly lost his talents or because he is scared of Modenine.
If i smoke any mic, i would send Modenine to his ancestors in Hell and i ain't joking.
With the army of social reprobates on his cock here on Nairaland, it makes me antsy. . . . .Is he better than Bouqui or Alabai??
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by khanye(m): 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

U are an idiot. . . . .and no matter how much u try to hide this single most important factor, i will always see u as an idiot.
Retards like you are ordinary listeners and if stuffs like. . . .If-i-diss-a-baba-i am-not-talking-about-Ethiopia is a punchline to you, then u should have ur head examined. I write lyrics, i know metaphors when i see one and if anyone wants me to GHOSTWRITE in that Lagos of yours, I WOULD END MODENINE'S career.

What do u know about Hip-hop/Rap?? Mentioning Cashman Davis n Trybesmen. . . . .Is that your idea of a mainstream rapper.
Ruff Rugged n Raw?? How many of their videos were on Satellite TV in em days??
We are talking about a quality rapper in the mainstream, u are talking underground cats who are still wiring maxwell tapes.
Are u a reprobate??

This should be directed to Khanye, Javatwat, Tosinaded@(resident retard) and Toluwalomo.

U are a stinking swine slurping on Modenine's diseased semen.
When u have something more reasonable to say, get back to me.
There's nuthing to say u don't need an artificial intelligence. . . . .Go and buy yourself one.

Yet more rubbish from an autistic savant. . . . . . .U are a waste of your dad's Y-chromosomes.

Of course. . . . . .everyone but ma friends are retards. . . . . .
That only tells me i roll with smart n intelligent people not the half-baked graduates like yourself and Javalove or Khanye.
Kaydee is a school drop-out so what does he know. I don't associate me humble self with pillocks who have little or no musical nous.

Finally, someone that makes sense. . . . . .

Lookie, whether Ruggedman replies Modenine or not. . . . . . .It doesn't take his street credibility away.
What is so difficult about making a diss track to Modenine?? Even a retard like Flowshow would hit Modey where it hurts.
If Rugged does not reply. . . .He doesn't want to not because he suddenly lost his talents or because he is scared of Modenine.
If i smoke any mic, i would send Modenine to his ancestors in Hell and i ain't joking.
With the army of social reprobates on his cock here on Nairaland, it makes me antsy. . . . .Is he better than Bouqui or Alabai??

Hiss. . . . . FOOL!!!! angry
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 3:23pm On Jan 28, 2009
Sauron ure a joker!
Only prob av got wiv u is that u insult like ur life depends on it.
As 4 mode and rugged we share almost the same views except that u dnt accept that mode9 is more lyrical than rugged!
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by khanye(m): 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2009
tosinaded@:

Sauron ure a joker!
As 4 mode and rugged we share almost the same views except that u dnt accept that mode9 is more lyrical than rugged!

U got some sense in those word!
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by Sauron1: 3:34pm On Jan 28, 2009
khanye:

Hiss. . . . . FOOL!!!! angry

Don't remind me your LAST name.
Every vermin/gerbil in this yard knows Khanye n the word "FOOL" are synonymous. grin grin grin grin

tosinaded@:

Sauron ure a joker!

So u got problems with me. . . . . .Should i be bovvered??
Why won't i insult these retardz??

Please print Mode9's best piece lyrically and i will analyse it bar by bar.
What is lyrical about Mode9?? It seems u have been so used to CRAP, ur senses have been beclouded.
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2009
Exactly my point!
U insult too much.
Mayb u shld open a thread for that purpose!
Mode vs Rugged
and lets analyse there lyrics
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by kaydee(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2009
@ Sauron

Lol!!!! U mean U can match Mode lyrically? grin grin grin

@ All
Stop debating with this slowpoke,he's never heard a Modenine Song in his life.
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by DBR: 4:59pm On Jan 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

Please print Mode9's best piece lyrically and i will analyse it bar by bar.
What is lyrical about Mode9?? It seems u have been so used to CRAP, ur senses have been beclouded.
Dude! C'mon Saurone, im sure u just havin fun wit this cheesy
But seriously if the Ruggedy's award as the Best rap album of the year is a valid one
dont u think the same award for M-9 as the lyricist of that same year is valid.?
M-9 is the major reason Y cats put in work in their lyrics.
Dont u hear rappers flaunt that their lines are as dope as M-9? Their puchline hittin u like M-9's?

Really, by ur own standard can say M-9 aint lyrical, u have the prerogative to do that.
But when u pitch M-9 against Ruggedy lyrically and rate Rugged better is the one i find ridiculous.
Even Ruggedy doesnt think he is.
Simple way out- Drop some Ruggedy's sick lines and analyse like u say u wanna do M-9's
That may just convert non-believers of which i'm one grin.
oNe
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by MojiEsther(f): 5:06pm On Jan 28, 2009
@ Defman,

Just reading this. Well written. Very thotful of you.
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by smurf1(f): 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2009
Na real wa oh, :-/
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by Sauron1: 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2009
tosinaded@:

Exactly my point!
U insult too much.
Mayb u shld open a thread for that purpose!
Mode vs Rugged
and lets analyse there lyrics

I don't need to open a thread for that purpose.
I have listened to Mode9's songs on U-tube. . . . . .His lyrics on Stylee is not different to what Zaki Adzee or Eedris woulda done in 1995.
Rubbish like. . . ."I reside in Lagos, Becareful cos an Okada can be beside u in ur rearview"
Is that his lyrical prowess?? Elajoe is wack but he flogged Modenine on that track so what does that make Modenine??

kaydee:

@ Sauron
Lol!!!! U mean U can match Mode lyrically? grin grin grin

I will bludgeon Modenine to death. . . . . .He cannot even match ma vocab pool, let alone touch ma metaphors.
He is too lyrically shallow n inept to battle a beast like me.
Ma worst keystyles on Nairaland would kill Modenine's embryonic musical career unless u are BLIND.

@ All
Stop debating with this slowpoke,he's never heard a Modenine Song in his life.

U calling someone a slowpoke when u cannot even write 4 bars that make sense. . . . .What does that make you??
Kaydee, you are mentally-handicapped. . . . . .U dunno power of lyricism when u see one PLUS u cannot write lyrics and u have the gall to say someone is a slowpoke?? Cheese n Rice. . . . . .U are a dingbat!!!
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by unix4real1(m): 7:09pm On Jan 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

I don't need to open a thread for that purpose.
I have listened to Mode9's songs on U-tube. . . . . .His lyrics on Stylee is not different to what Zaki Adzee or Eedris woulda done in 1995.
Rubbish like. . . ."I reside in Lagos, Becareful cos an Okada can be beside u in ur rearview"
Is that his lyrical prowess?? Elajoe is wack but he flogged Modenine on that track so what does that make Modenine??

Thats a big lie dawg, Thats not how the line is so don`t try to make useless point there. keep on hating but say the fact.
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by Sauron1: 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2009
DBR:

Dude! C'mon Saurone, im sure u just havin fun wit this cheesy
But seriously if the Ruggedy's award as the Best rap album of the year is a valid one
dont u think the same award  for M-9 as the lyricist of that same year is valid.?
M-9 is the major reason Y cats put in work in their lyrics.
Dont u hear rappers flaunt that their lines are as dope as M-9? Their puchline hittin u like M-9's?

TBH, i didn't even know Ruggedman's album copped the best album of the year or Mode9 won the lyricist of the year.
All i am saying is. . . . . .I know Ruggedman has got talents and he has several styles of doing his thingy. . . .Mode9 is monotonous.
I was listening to Ruggedybaba with 9ice the other day with Rugged flowing seamlessly like a seamstress. . . .Thatz an art.
If he decides to reply Modenine. . . . .People would change their stance again.
Naija underdogs will always believe M-9 has punchlines n dope rhymes but i am yet to see the so-called punches.

Really, by ur own standard can say M-9 aint lyrical, u have the prerogative to do that.
But when u pitch M-9 against Ruggedy lyrically and rate Rugged better is the one i find ridiculous.
Even Ruggedy doesnt think he is.

They have different styles. . . . . . .Letz analyse like intelligent folks here.
Rugged started as a Militant. . . . .He stepped on toes, he was angry, ornery and the hunger to succeed was there.
Even with that, people still criticised his style as being too violent and i remember the media saying he was a cultist.
Now, he's gone commercial to rake money in and people are still on his ass to keep his military mind. . . .What do y'all want??

We should not also forget Ruggedman coulda been raised in dire n abject poverty which makes CASH his ultimate goal.
He has 2 choices. . .To keep on battling ceaselessly and forgo the cashflow OR to keep doing pop music(which majority wants) and keep making cash.
Only Ruggedman can decide which path to follow. . . . .Ma point is. . .should he decide to go pop, it wouldn't be because he has got no lyrics.
It means he is doing to keep himself afloat financially(which u cannot blame him for if u consider his background).

Simple way out- Drop some Ruggedy's sick lines and analyse like u say u wanna do M-9's
That may just convert  non-believers of which i'm one grin.
oNe

Like the OP stated. . . . . .He asked why the old Ruggedman has metamorphosed from a Battle MC to a Pop artiste.
Rappin is a talent. U might go off-form but it doesn't leave you as an individual.
That ruggedman has changed his styles does not mean he has lost his roots/orientation with HIPHOP.
He is only making sure his future is forever secure. . . . .All Rappers go through this phase. To stay commercial OR to remain underground!!!
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by cvibe: 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2009
Ruggedman still sings?
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by tosinaded(m): 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2009
I wish i had mode9 songs, i wld av uploaded dem 4 u sauron!
Stupid idiots khanye and java wnt upload,all they do is argue without common sense!
Sauron u gotta be kidding me,u used stylee to judge mode9!
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by superstan(m): 2:58am On Jan 29, 2009
@ sauron,

i think you should put your lyrics on chrome.

you have a way with words and if you don't like showbiz, you can make a living with ghostwriting.

with what i have read from you on the rap battle thread, you can make an album from those keystyles.

quit this argument and get busy.
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by DBR: 10:07am On Jan 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

TBH, i didn't even know Ruggedman's album copped the best album of the year or Mode9 won the lyricist of the year.
All i am saying is. . . . . .I know Ruggedman has got talents and he has several styles of doing his thingy. . . .Mode9 is monotonous.
I was listening to Ruggedybaba with 9ice the other day with Rugged flowing seamlessly like a seamstress. . . .Thatz an art.
If he decides to reply Modenine. . . . .People would change their stance again.
Naija underdogs will always believe M-9 has punchlines n dope rhymes but i am yet to see the so-called punches.

They have different styles. . . . . . .Letz analyse like intelligent folks here.
Rugged started as a Militant. . . . .He stepped on toes, he was angry, ornery and the hunger to succeed was there.
Even with that, people still criticised his style as being too violent and i remember the media saying he was a cultist.
Now, he's gone commercial to rake money in and people are still on his ass to keep his military mind. . . .What do y'all want??

We should not also forget Ruggedman coulda been raised in dire n abject poverty which makes CASH his ultimate goal.
He has 2 choices. . .To keep on battling ceaselessly and forgo the cashflow OR to keep doing pop music(which majority wants) and keep making cash.
Only Ruggedman can decide which path to follow. . . . .Ma point is. . .should he decide to go pop, it wouldn't be because he has got no lyrics.
It means he is doing to keep himself afloat financially(which u cannot blame him for if u consider his background).

Like the OP stated. . . . . .He asked why the old Ruggedman has metamorphosed from a Battle MC to a Pop artiste.
Rappin is a talent. U might go off-form but it doesn't leave you as an individual.
That ruggedman has changed his styles does not mean he has lost his roots/orientation with HIPHOP.
He is only making sure his future is forever secure. . . . .All Rappers go through this phase. To stay commercial OR to remain underground!!!

Ma man Saurone, u r on point. All wat u said i understand and agree with.
Rugged can as they say "dumb down" all he wants, or do pop, yes,
howeva the issue is dont do pop and claim to be king of hiphop.
Dont say to make it in 9ja u MUST speak mother tongue and do club tracks.
Especially when we hav different interpretation of "makin' it"
And i'v always wondered bout the motha tongue thingy-is pigeon english
mother tongue? I think M-9 even has the real MuthaTongue stuff more than Ruggedy.
Yes i agree M-9 can be kinda monotonous with his flow, but that changed in his last album PS.
Ruggedy to me has cool flows, and has the right to go commercial, howeva what we all sayin here
is flow or no flow, commercial or not, pop or hiphop, monotonous or dynamic, LYRICS is LYRICS
and when u place their lyrics side by side it's so glarin that M-9 got it on locks!

Listen to Ruggedy even in his Warring and fierce days and listen to M-9 "Malcom iX"
and u'll see that M-9's puns, similes, in-rhymes, multies, metaphores, and vocabs
are way beyond the level of Ruggedy's, he's not even in contention.

Stylee to me aint a typical M-9 thingy-
listen to his verse in
"the way" on his Orisuna experiment mixtape
"fire burn" ft Blacksolo in same mixtape
Check "M-9 on dj premier" tracks.
Check tracks like "Unformidable", "contradiction", "360degree poetry",
"Orisuna Basement Freestyle", "Quest Media Freestyle","miasmamixtape". this guy works!

Now Saurone u may still feel u r better than M-9 and i dont have a prob. wit that
but if u say he's not lyrical then i guess all the other rappers are bunch of ninnies blabbin'
away or at best "just micrphone testin".
oNe
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by ofokasibe: 10:55am On Jan 29, 2009
ilovetgirl:

@sauron
you mean u will beat modenine lyrically?. are u not the same sauron that flowshow finished wit one single track in this site, http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/nigeria/topic,7751.msg260720.html#msg260720
sauron u think rapping is just typing those 5yr old nursery words of urs in nairaland rap section. ??
now u say u will floor modenine ? even ur master flowshow respects modenine wella , am sure this sauron is a very very big clown.

@superstan
you are asking sauron to put his lyrics on beat , can he even rap ?? all sauron knows is how to insult people all over nairaland like tosinodeda said.

I agree sauron is just an attention seeking thwart, you people should ignore him like kaydee said.

@khanye
the modenine classics u upload from 2000-2007 is not working . why did u put up a dead link?
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by khanye(m): 11:05am On Jan 29, 2009
it's working dude, but let me check it again now cool
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by khanye(m): 11:25am On Jan 29, 2009
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by superstan(m): 2:16pm On Jan 29, 2009
ilovetgirl:

@superstan
you are asking sauron to put his lyrics on beat , can he even rap ?? all sauron knows is how to insult people all over nairaland like tosinodeda said.

ilovetgirl = flowshow grin grin

sauron is a lyricist. i have read all his topicals and keystyles.

on this forum, there's no one better than him. ibime is another heavyweight but he doesn't drop topicals often for me to know his strength.

flowshow is not even in their league. being a netcee is not about shaz's pussy or ibkaye's head.

to be a netcee, u must battle and key in topicals on a regular basis.
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by superstan(m): 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2009
ilovetgirl:

@superstan
sauron is a lyricistwhere .?
so sauron has succeeded in fooling you superstan.

i have been reading nl's rap battle for years now and i think this is the best topical ever.

it was penned by sauron:

A soft wind blows up pages, my pen rages, tangling English language like Mazes
Ink stirring imaginations, lyrics creating visualizations, bastards can go to blazes.
Contemplation, on looking mediocrity, a student of Socrates, transcending philosophy
Projection, an offering, turning paper to a boxing ring; Muhammad is a mockery
Elapse of a second takes a century, words written as Ancient History, titled a mystery
Fingers and hands blistering, misery repeated again wisdom in the end whispering
Make the tyrants elope, expose weakness, go for the throat storm the bleeping beaches
Tear these oppressors to pieces, time for impeachments whoever this message reaches

Please believe this, speeches are insignificant we have our chance and we are missing it
Leaders aren’t omnipotent, flawed and admitting it is admirable but twisting shit
Just to one's benefit, is tyrannical we are not animals, fight back with all your soul
Government as it’s told, bleeping means mind control revolt and become whole
Back to work I go, beating my chest and screaming the message uncomfortable-n-restless
Unless we use our minds as weapons, we can be nothing but ineffective-n-wreckless
Make some connections, break these repressions “people” you should become aggressive
Our rights have been disrespected, become obsessive, The “Patriot Act” is deceptive.

if u disagree with this, show me anything better.

ARMAGEDDON
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Persuasion has commenced, this is an illustration of a gift
A manifestation of the legit, take a sit, as this situation starts to emit
Coming from a skeptic that is convinced civilization will cease to exist
The population has condensed to a point at which earth can’t persist
As disgusting as it is, humans are the reason the world’s in torment
Though it wasn’t our intent, now we know we’re not so intelligent
Earth shrieking as its stripped, obvious it’s bleeding in our grips
Not thinking of the consequence, shit, we just take what we can get
Ripped apart each continent, now at the point where there’s no stopping it
Raping our own mother, while we stare into the eyes of big brother
Bent on showing up one another, now nature can’t recover
If that wasn’t bad enough, these governments thinking they are tough
Ready to end the fuss at just a touch, not giving a Bleep about the rest of us
From the core to the crust, you can feel all energy giving up
I could say repent and trust, GOD will pull us through
But let’s be honest when is the last time HE spoke to you??
The end is near: I know this much to be true
Now just what the Bleep are you going to do??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the plot plays out, here are some things to think about. . .
Electricity’s nice, could we have done without
How about no transportation to move us about
What if you had no goddamn bank account
What if there were no streets and signs
What if we had no way of perceiving time?
What if no one was to believe in the divine?
Think of a place that had no crime
No wars no bickering, what if no one was listening
Dang it, now my story is what you are envisioning
The beginning will be the same as the finishing!!!
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by darequam(m): 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2009
Thats why i've got to do a track with him,
The darklord has got the potential to be a great rapr,
I'm not talking about mode or rugged now.
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by Taurusbull: 9:45am On Jan 30, 2009
3- Now u guys keep gettin it wrong. Enjoyin air play (especially in 9ja) aint the sign that u are ill,
    it just says you r more commercial enuff to enjoy more airplay.
    Believe me artists like crooked i, Royce5'9, Skyzoo, Punchline, Nas, Talib, Peterock
    dont enjoy more airplay than 'em Souljaboy,Bow wow, Nelly, and the likes. And we know
     it's not cos the latter is doper.
    So for me the criteria for judgin if Ruggedy's response is better is the LYRICAL dexterity.
    Not the beat, not a catchy hook, not even the delivery this time around, but the lyrics.
    And may the best man, lyrically win.

Now wait a minute, is there something wrong with doing a melodious song and put your darn tight lyrics on it? There's nothin wrong with it, it's just that he can't and he can't deal with it and that's what u guyz fail to realize. There's no artist on earth that came into the industry without the primary aim to make plenty of money like a true talented star. Mr. DBR would u mind excludin Nas from the above list? Nas in his prime sold 'milyins' and we're still waitin for Mode to be in his prime unless this is the best he can do. Eminem dropped more punch lines in the movie 8mile than in most of his CDs. u hear him rappin 'bout what the people love to hear like talkin about his misdemeanour, shenanighans, dizzin his mum and hoes and not dropin lines that makes u wanna flip open a dictionary to decipher a code, is Eminem wack?
Rap is a genre of music, music is entertainment. I am buyin ur CD for u to entertain me and not to teach me figures of speech. There's a thousand books out there I may find handy if I need to upgrade my downgraded brains and as a matter of fact, mode dont have what I need. Have u heard M.I? he's got style, have u seen Naeto on stage? Damn, this boy flows 'seamlessly like a seamstress' LOL. If mode is not here to sell records or to entertain, then what's he here for, to impress the press? even Naeto C is catchin more fans so fast. What could be more borin than watchin Mode on stage? I'd rather be @ home watchin Kung fu Panda grin (Mayne, I love that movie)

Now, don't get me wrong, I like mode and I like Rugged too and I know y'all, I mean you all liked/loved Rugged until mode 9 fell outta the sky and suddenly u guyz realized that Rugged is a complete Joke and mode 9 'walks on water'.
I ain't demented and I ain't arguing but debate is healthy.
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by Taurusbull: 10:18am On Jan 30, 2009
*You wanna battle who? You must be smoking chronic
Coming at me with a speech bubble ‘cos you's a comic
…from FLAWLESS

*am a pop idol only when I shoot whut you pray to
, From FLAWLESS

*….with an underground buzz like a buried bee hive
From YOU CAN'T Bleep WIT DIS

*…don't need to snatch your girl she follows me home
Bleep her up so bad my dick will pop her collar bone
From YOU CAN'T Bleep WIT DIS

*…I drop (eye drop) lyrics like visine
From TWO SHOTS FROM A NINE

*all eyes on Lauryn Hills figure Bleep tommy
from FORMIDABLE

*some of them cant come (cum) ill with the virus in their sperm
from KATEGORI

*your crew wanna dis me now with dat weak Banta
I rip three ho's with claws (Claus) like i teamed up with Santa
from ORISUNA BASEMENT FREESTYLE

*You aint men's underwear punk ass so why front (y-front)
from FREESTYLE SESSION

*Im so underground the devil be like whose down there
from FREESTYLE SESSION

*I use tears instead of ink so you can bet ma lyrics will be sensitive
From 150 BARS

*without their fingers in my toilet they feeling my shit
, from ELBOW ROOM

* if I was married to your mum , you still wouldn't step son
from KATEGORI

* I'm coming off the head like there's a dick on my dome
from SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS

*even if I wanked in a gun I wouldn't come in peace (piece)
from SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS

*, Bleep a Halloween costume I spit to dis guys (disguise)
from KATEGORI

* You're not a real player it's just a programme on your PC
from NOBODY

* put your dick I your saliva and Bleep whut you spat
from NOBODY

* I'm like a bottomless pit , I got no flaw ( floor)
from CROWD CONTROL

* I don't pray for you i prey on you like a hawk,
from ITS ABOUT TO GET UGLY

* You're royally bleeped with a scepter up your butts
from QUEST FREESTYLE

* You walk into a brick wall ‘cos my word is stretcher bond
from QUEST FREESTYLE

* , right handed but I'm a sick south pore,
the illest one left
from QUEST FREESTYLE

* I got you chewing on a friggin jet fighter,
‘cos you's a plain (plane) biter
from QUEST FREESTYLE

* my flows electrifying ‘cos I spit power lines
from QUEST FREESTYLE

These are the 'damn' punch lines(some of them I consider as flop lines) I found. Mode 9 posted them on his official website. My lil' nephew can interprete most(if not all) these lines for me. Boy, I ain't hatin but some of these lines don't make sense @ all and this dude is not communicating.

Where's Sauron? Please come decipher these codes
Re: I miss Ruggedman-the real ruggedman by DBR: 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2009
Taurusbull:

Now wait a minute, is there something wrong with doing a melodious song and put your darn tight lyrics on it? There's nothin wrong with it, it's just that he can't and he can't deal with it [/b]and that's what u guyz fail to realize. [b]There's no artist on earth that came into the industry without the primary aim to make plenty of money like a true talented star. Mr. DBR would u mind excludin Nas from the above list? Nas in his prime sold 'milyins' and we're still waitin for Mode to be in his prime unless this is the best he can do. Eminem dropped more punch lines in the movie 8mile than in most of his CDs. u hear him rappin 'bout what the people love to hear like talkin about his misdemeanour, shenanighans, dizzin his mum and hoes and not dropin lines that makes u wanna flip open a dictionary to decipher a code, is Eminem wack?
Rap is a genre of music, music is entertainment. I am buyin ur CD for u to entertain me and not to teach me figures of speech. There's a thousand books out there I may find handy if I need to upgrade my downgraded brains and as a matter of fact, mode dont have what I need. Have u heard M.I? he's got style, have u seen Naeto on stage? Damn, this boy flows 'seamlessly like a seamstress' LOL. If mode is not here to sell records or to entertain, then what's he here for, to impress the press? even Naeto C is catchin more fans so fast. What could be more borin than watchin Mode on stage? I'd rather be @ home watchin Kung fu Panda  grin (Mayne, I love that movie)

Now, don't get me wrong, I like mode and I like Rugged too and I know y'all, I mean you all liked/loved Rugged until mode 9 fell outta the sky and suddenly u guyz realized that Rugged is a complete Joke and mode 9 'walks on water'.
I ain't demented and I ain't arguing but debate is healthy.

@
TAURUSBULL
dunno how to start here but lemme try like this:
1- the list in which i had Nas is not for sales but airplay, that was d discussion-Airplay not Sales.
    But still comparatively, even tho Nas is rated the most lyrical he aint sellin as much as Jay, Lil wayne, is he?
    And M-9 stated from onset that he's in this game 1st for the love and ANYTHING that he gets out of it is 2ndary.
And we have lots of such in different fields of life, especially in the arts.
2-Yea, u were right about the doin the melodious beats and puttin tite lyrics on it, howeva if u r really rooted
   in music u'll know that there are beats associated wit certain genre, u can actually funkified classical music
   or country music, or jazz only that it siezes to be and alters wat the intent of those who started that genre envisaged.
Get ma drift? Case in point auto-tunes, crunking, have u heard Qjones funkified Handel's Halleluyah chorus? Sounds
interesting but dyu think Handel will think it's a wonderful Clasical renditon? NOPE.
   It's easy to get tite beats, easier to get than to get tite lyrics, so dont say HE cant, u get?
   Eminen on 8miles and some lyrical guys can move pple and sales cos majority of them know wat HIPHOP is,    they        LISTEN  to lyrics, they kno the things to look out for, and believe me club banger is d last thing on a avid hiphop lover's mind when listenin to hiphop music.

That said u contradicted ur self alot in ur post with the list of M-9's lines u posted.
Your post says, m-9 can put his TITE LYRICS, but said he aint got wat u want?
All M-9 fans listen to him cos of that, not because he's wow on stage, not because he flows masterly but
wat he's got he's got and that is lyrics, those metaphs,puns,vocab, and dont berate vocabs cos
even on that Saurone wont agree witya grin
U gave Kudos to Em for spittin lots of punchline on 8miles, not neccesarily musical or melodious beats but lyrical
u mentioned that understandin M-9's lyrics at times needs  flippin tru DICTIONARY to decipher,
yet u later said they are his lines are flop lines that ur LIL NEPHEW can decipher!, let me not push that cos i dont diss,
or insult pple but u just gave those who love to abuse an opportunity to to that wit such a line.
Mnwhile dyu know how old those lines are? When they dropped way back jaws were and even still droppin.
And pls tell me the lines that makes no sense(to u).

For me M-9 didnt just fall out of d sky, i knew him b4 Ruggedy.
And yea Ruggedy was impresive when he started but for the cheddas
and to "secure his future" he dumbed down, no problem, it's his choice.stil like him tho, but lyrically i'll go wit m-9.
AND YEA I LUVE KUNFU PANDA TOOOOO grin grin cheesy
oNe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download 'naija Rap Policy Mixtape Vol.1' Hosted By Dj Lyrics / DOWNLOAD MP3: Juice WRLD - Bad Boy Ft. Young Thug / Kanye West To Visit Nigeria During Star Mega Jam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.