Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,358 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi (23640 Views)

Iheanacho Rescues Super Eagles From Corsica Defeat / Stephen Keshi Is Dead / President Jonathan’s Defeat Spells Doom For Stephen Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by miqos02(m): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2015
which way NFF
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by kramer: 9:48am On Apr 04, 2015
pazienza:

Mediocrity?

Name any Nigerian Coach, foreign or local that have better CV than Keshi?

Jealous bitter beings.
Just because he's the best Nigerian coach doesn't mean he's not mediocre... His case is that of a village champion

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by Emmahunk(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/jonathans-defeat-deflates-keshi/

Not just this NFF/Keshi stuff, GMB'S victory has already started curbing impunity in many quarters. Nigeria truly needed this change

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 04, 2015
LordCenturion:
See how MOD dey banned people, hide comments nowadays, there ris godu o
puhahahahahah
the fear of being ban iis the begining of wisdom o

bruv e tire me fa
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 04, 2015
msmon:
Stephen Koshi isn't Jose Morinho and he can never be Lius Van Gaal, so whats the hype about him?

Never say never , do not write a man off if he isn't dead ( dead people's deed even manifest after death )
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 04, 2015
keshi or no keshi ma monthly salary must drop

Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by nkemjacob2(m): 9:52am On Apr 04, 2015
Ungratefull nigerians leave keshi alone...
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by pazienza(m): 9:53am On Apr 04, 2015
crownprince102:
GEJ lost and Keshi called pinnick "boss" for the first time and he denied calling him a liar. GEJ's loosing the electiois really good for Nigeria.

I must say, interference in football and bringing Keshi back made GEJ lost a number of vote from football-mad nigerians.

Which stupid mad football fans are angry with GEJ for sticking with Keshi?

Keshi was accused of fielding a too Igbo national team leading up the the AFCON 2013 by tribalist like you, yet GEJ stuck with him and gave him all the support he needed, and the result of that decision was AFCON trophy, a confederation cup appearance, a second round world cup appearance, the best Nigeria has had so far.

Keshi was and remain the right man for the Nigerian job, he has every right to object to any unfair contract terms, the worse NFF can do is withdraw the contract. Keshi took a lowly Togo to world cup, he can get job elsewhere, and leave bitter tribalist Nigerians to die in their jealousy.

Nigeria needs Keshi, more than Keshi needs Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by dasensible1(m): 9:53am On Apr 04, 2015
alaoeri:
By now its either Keshi accepts the terms & conditions of NFF or lose the job guess dude will go for the former besides NFF may eventually overlook him, one thing is certain GMB administration is going to correct many abnormalities of the outgoing government.
we say no to Keshi, he should go with his master GEJ
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by dasensible1(m): 9:54am On Apr 04, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Will he be sacked?
Yes!!!!
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by JOINFRIEND(m): 9:58am On Apr 04, 2015
Keshi,keshi remember that the sheep can't be lord over the shepard lae lae we need a better coach for the nation because keshi does not put in mind tHe supporter of super eagles at all atall so let him go sikenna
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by pazienza(m): 9:58am On Apr 04, 2015
kramer:

Just because he's the best Nigerian coach doesn't mean he's not mediocre... His case is that of a village champion

A village champion that won the AFCON in what was arguably Nigeria's era of footballing talent drought, using an average team to punch above their weight, conquering continental giants along the way.

A village champion that made it to the Brazil world cup second round, something supposedly world class coaches with better squads like Capello couldn't achieve with a relatively better squad?

Na jealousy go kill una.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by wordychap: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2015
Good for him grin
This is d best news I've heard in d Nigerian football world in years
#keshimustgo
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by bogolobango(m): 10:01am On Apr 04, 2015
Clueless president & clueless coach
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by morningsta(m): 10:02am On Apr 04, 2015
Obviously Keshi is no longer interested in coaching the Eagles anymore but has held on just in case he does not get another contract elsewhere. In a nut shell, he has been holding us to ransom but thank God those days will soon be over. I personally recommended outright sack for him as his heart is no longer with us.
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by M4gunners: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2015
crownprince102:
GEJ lost and Keshi called pinnick "boss" for the first time and he denied calling him a liar. GEJ's loosing the electiois really good for Nigeria.

I must say, interference in football and bringing Keshi back made GEJ lost a number of vote from football-mad nigerians.
Nonsense people are just looking for stories to tell GEJ only ask them to let Keshi finish the Africa Cup of Nation qualifying nothing more. Keshi in your view is now closer to GEJ who is from Bayelsa than Pinnick who they both came from Delta State i guess?
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by ElFenomeno1: 10:15am On Apr 04, 2015
He can go to Otueke with GEJ.
Keshi Out
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by seangy4konji: 10:21am On Apr 04, 2015
kESHI needs to calm down his nerves...

You are replaceable...
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 04, 2015
omenka:
The days of celebrating mediocrity are gone for good.

Sai Baba.

Vote Buhari for President 2019! angry

U don start abi? U never even perceive 0.5% of "change" from Buhari, u don dey campaign for 2019. Take ur time o.
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by Boss13: 10:37am On Apr 04, 2015
Na wa o, Buhari is yet to ascend to power and people are already adjusting their ways. The perception of a leader speaks a lot
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by Misogynist2014(m): 10:41am On Apr 04, 2015
How have the mighty fallen?
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2015
They dont want keshi sad
Give him a level ground and watch him perform miracles....
Nff are not trying a bit embarassed
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by kramer: 11:10am On Apr 04, 2015
pazienza:

A village champion that won the AFCON in what was arguably Nigeria's era of footballing talent drought, using an average team to punch above their weight, conquering continental giants along the way.

A village champion that made it to the Brazil world cup second round, something supposedly world class coaches with better squads like Capello couldn't achieve with a relatively better squad?

Na jealousy go kill una.

Jealous of what? are we in the same job ni?

is Keshi the only african manager to have achieved the same feat?

If you watched the world cup you would agree with me that we were lucky to have our group and to come in 2nd if bosnia hadnt slipped

That said can Keshi manage a team like Man utd or Real madrid into glory?

I say again Keshi is just a village champion
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by pazienza(m): 11:17am On Apr 04, 2015
kramer:

Jealous of what? are we in the same job ni?

is Keshi the only african manager to have achieved the same feat?

If you watched the world cup you would agree with me that we were lucky to have our group and to come in 2nd if bosnia hadnt slipped

That said can Keshi manage a team like Man utd or Real madrid into glory?

I say again Keshi is just a village champion

Football is a 90 mins game, luck normally evens out for all teams, we were better than Bosnia, and deserved to go through.

Keshi already did an excellent job with teams without world class talents, that's usually a good prognosis that he would do better when handed better footballing talents.

Capello achieved a lot with Real Madrid and Juventus, teams with great footballing talents, but have since struggled with the Russian national team, a relatively untalented squad.

Give Keshi the respect he deserves.
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by kramer: 11:22am On Apr 04, 2015
pazienza:

Football is a 90 mins game, luck normally evens out for all teams, we were better than Bosnia, and deserved to go through.

Keshi already did an excellent job with teams without world class talents, that's. usuallya good prognosis that he would do better when handed better footballing talents.

Capello achieved a lot with Real Madrid and Juventus, teams with great footballing talents, but have since struggled with the Russian national team, a relatively untalented squad.

Give Keshi the respect he deserves.

Don't get me wrong.. I never said he was awful.. all i did was agree that in the international scene he can be classified under mediocre. Otherwise If he were world class then he would be amongst the heavy weights in football management. Lets call a spade a spade
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by Jfrezzy(m): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2015
Pls sack kechi we don't need him again..
Pls he should be sack on tuesday morning and a foreign coach appointed or under 20 coach .
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by pazienza(m): 11:29am On Apr 04, 2015
kramer:

Don't get me wrong.. I never said he was awful.. all i did was agree that in the international scene he can be classified under mediocre. Otherwise If he were world class then he would be amongst the heavy weights in football management. Lets call a spade a spade

Nigeria currently don't have the footballing talents to compete at the world stage favourably. Keshi is a victim of his own success, he over achieved,and now Nigerians have gone delusional.
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by funsoul: 11:43am On Apr 04, 2015
Just cos of keshi's pride and Jonathan's interference in tryin 2 force him down our throat wen obviously keshi is incompetent am glad Jonathan lost
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by kramer: 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
pazienza:

Nigeria currently don't have the footballing talents to compete at the world stage favourably. Keshi is a victim of his own success, he over achieved,and now Nigerians have gone delusional.

What has that got to do with whether he's mediocre or not!? The point I'm trying to make here is as bad a job as David Moyes did at Man utd, if Keshi had been given the job Man utd would be playing in the conference league. If you're good you're good no matter what team you have, the difference would be clear, see how mourinho and van gaal have had impact after joining their clubs.. you will always see the change. My opinion
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by pazienza(m): 12:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
kramer:

What has that got to do with whether he's mediocre or not!? The point I'm trying to make here is as bad a job as David Moyes did at Man utd, if Keshi had been given the job Man would be playing in the conference league. If you're good you're good no matter what team you have, the difference would be clear, see how mourinho and van gaal have had impact after joint their clubs.. you will always see the change. My opinion

Mournho had two Years of trophy drought, Van gaal flopped at Bayern, even the bests have their bad days.

Talents have everything to do with a coach performance. Van gaal refused to use Moyes squad, and went on spending spree to get top footballing talents, Mourinho is always buying top talents( Costa, Eto,Milito, Pandev, Fabregas,etc) , there is a relation between top talents and ability of a manager to deliver positive results.

Whether Keshi would do well if given a better talented football squad than the current Super Eagles team is debatable, but the fact is that he has brought the best out of a relatively untalented Nigerian squad, the prognosis is favourable that he would do better when given a better talented squad like the type Man U has, after all, most big team managers of today excelled at coaching less talented teams, before they were offered the opportunity at the big stage.
Re: Jonathan’s defeat deflates Keshi by sammyj: 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
KeshI is a proud unprofessional coach and should be shown the way out!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rohr’s Salary: NFF In Trouble As Sponsors Pull Out / Algeria 3-0 Guinea: Mahrez’s Wonderful Goal Breaks 19-year Old Curse For Foxes / Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.