Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer (26958 Views)

INEC Declares Ohuabunwa Winner Of Abia-North Senatorial Rerun / PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer / Gov T.A Orji, Metuh Force Abia Returning Officer To Reverse Cancellation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by dridowu: 8:19am On Apr 04, 2015
THE returning officer [RO] for the Abia North in last Saturday’s Senatorial election, Dr. Chukwugozie Ihekwuaba has said that he did not declare any result for the election which INEC has published.
According to Ihekwuaba, who alleged that he has been receiving threat calls since after the election said he could not in his good conscience append his signature on the documents said to have been presented to him as the result.

Addressing journalists in Umuahia Thursday evening, Ihekwuaba said that there was widespread manipulation of the National Assembly elections in the zone which prompted him to recommend a re-run of the senatorial election in the zone.

He said apart from results from Arochukwu and Ohafia Local Government councils, which were recounted at the INEC state headquarters, results from other councils of Bende, Isukwuato and Umunneochi were manipulated and he disassociated himself from them.

He claimed that fake INEC documents such as result sheets were filled and later substituted with original ones.

In Ohafia council, according to him, there were massive irregularities which prompted youths and hoodlums to take over the place with sporadic shooting renting the air.

The protest against the Ohafia and Arochukwu result led the INEC REC to set up a committee that recounted the results of the two councils but results of the other councils where more irregularities were alleged were not reviewed.

“After looking at Arochukwu and Ohafia results, there was a massive irregularity. Security operatives were also aware because they were also taking their notes. So I found it very difficult to append my signature on the manipulated results.
“My report to INEC REC was that we do a re-run and get security operatives to guide the results so that whoever wins will take it. In some cases, ballot boxes were removed. I am not aware of any result declared. I did not declare any result.

“Apart from Arochukwu and Ohafia council results which were recounted at INEC headquarters, I did not accept any other result”, the associate professor of Computer Engineering said.

When contacted, the Resident Electoral Commissioner in the State, Prof. Selina Oko said she has no constitutional power to cancel any election result or organize a re-run.

According to her, she was under pressure from the INEC headquarters to send the results to meet the seven days deadline and she had no choice to send the results submitted to her.

She advised aggrieved candidates to take their case to the law court which is the appropriate place to seek redress.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/i-didnt-declare-abia-north-senatorial-zone-result-returning-officer/

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by Bekwarra(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2015
Don't know why some people pay millions to artistes just to celebrate FTC. Well I can't waste my hard-earned money on such, I'll rather donate it to Airforce1 to find his missing album so that it doesn't become another Malaysian Flight.
Ooh the topic? I don't even know what to say about it, I don't know what they are talking about.

6 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by theV0ice: 8:27am On Apr 04, 2015
I guess the election tribunal won't waste time debating this issue if a complaint is filed. The returning officer has just given the other parties a blank cheque.

I can confidently predict that we'll have a lot of NASS rerun elections eventually

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by pendicle: 8:45am On Apr 04, 2015
75% of the entire vote in the south south and south east will be thrown out and the Reps and Senators who benefited from the fraud will be shown the exit.

Akpabio was declared as winner with 422,000+ votes out of a total registered voters of 439,000+ people. He does not enjoy the support of the largest bloc in the zone the Abak 5 yet he was given almost 96% of votes I guess no one died, moved out of the zone and every single person voted in that particular zone. Chief Nelson Effong (Tabasco) who doesn't even have the support of his own people was declared winner too in the Eket Senatorial district,

Obiano is complaining in Anambra, Nnamani is challenging his own loss too and same stories all over the two regions.

PDP used the military to inflate and changed the result sheets in SS and SE and yet some want the rigging master to be celebrated for accepting defeat, he for no accept and wait to be GBAGBOED.

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by Alphaoscar: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2015
pendicle:
75% of the entire vote in the south south and south east will be thrown out and the Reps and Senators who benefited from the fraud will be shown the exit.

Akpabio was declared as winner with 422,000+ votes out of a total registered voters of 439,000+ people. He does not enjoy the support of the largest bloc in the zone the Abak 5 yet he was given almost 96% of votes I guess no one died, moved out of the zone and every single person voted in that particular zone. Chief Nelson Effong (Tabasco) who doesn't even have the support of his own people was declared winner too in the Eket Senatorial district,

Obiano is complaining in Anambra, Nnamani is challenging his own loss too and same stories all over the two regions.

PDP used the military to inflate and changed the result sheets in SS and SE and yet some want the rigging master to be celebrated for accepting defeat, he for no accept and wait to be GBAGBOED.

That Akpabio of a man is a grade A criminal and he is one of the major people that helped in derailing GEJ's administration. He is only good and a genius in plotting evil and bad things.

26 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by asha80(m): 9:42am On Apr 04, 2015
Ochendo's victory was just crude rigging

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by igbsam(m): 9:42am On Apr 04, 2015
e don happen
Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by dammieco(m): 9:43am On Apr 04, 2015
Next headline pls...
Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by habeebcole: 9:44am On Apr 04, 2015
next!!!
Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by pweetyp: 9:44am On Apr 04, 2015
Officer ..who did?
Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by lordhugo(m): 9:45am On Apr 04, 2015
PDP = MAGOMAGO!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by NaijaOptimist: 9:45am On Apr 04, 2015
our dear troubled region.
Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by miqos02(m): 9:45am On Apr 04, 2015
it took them 6days to know this

4 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by Blackchampion(m): 9:46am On Apr 04, 2015
Yimu

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by lonelydora: 9:46am On Apr 04, 2015
Shooting renting air in my own Ohafia, when I have my Isreali-made Tavor sniper rifle? I did not hear or see any shooting in Ohafia that day. Maybe it's in Arochukwu.
Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by creepsyme(f): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2015
Na you knw, who sent you to say this? PDP? too already late.
Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by LordCenturion(m): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2015
Unhnmm,the truth shall prevail.......... Rigging in SE SS wil punish the tribe.they will confess by the grace of GOD

7 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by stan241(m): 9:47am On Apr 04, 2015
Wondered how TA Orji could win in a free and fair election

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by Icerex(m): 9:48am On Apr 04, 2015
The CREDIBILTY of any ELECTION is known in the AFTERMATH of it, forget the process, on-spot report, of a free and fair election..... All na Wash jare.....

The same people preaching for peace are the sAme people causing the same problems....

#Thunder_their_left_YANSH...
#YIMU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by Texcoco(m): 9:48am On Apr 04, 2015
Gaddem it..
Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by obicentlis: 9:49am On Apr 04, 2015
Apga won all the election is Abia State except Abia north where PPA candidate Orji Uzor Kalu won. Any result aside this is a fraud.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by DickDastardly(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2015
T.A Orji is not only ABIA's number one enemy, but that of Igbo and Nigeria. GMB should use every means both crooked or straight to get this man behind bars for a long time.
This man brought the biggest shame of life to Abians

24 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by netmillionaires(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2015
Aaaahh
Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by dasensible1(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2015
The truth is coming out gradually

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by Franchise21(m): 9:49am On Apr 04, 2015
OK
Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by Nikapetrelli(f): 9:50am On Apr 04, 2015
Lots of cases for election tribunal

1 Like

Re: I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer by ldpele(m): 9:50am On Apr 04, 2015
Alphaoscar:

That Akpabio of a man is a grade A criminal and he is one of the major people that helped in derailing GEJ's administration. He is only good and a genius in plotting evil and bad things.
idiots like u will never seize to exist, please compare this man to your governor, and see how he will floor him in all endeavors of life.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elizabeth Ndubuisi-Chukwu: Uproar In Senate Over Murder In South Africa / Oyetola, Aregbesola Set For Showdown Over Clash Of Events In Osun This Week / Fashola Commissions Anthony Enahoro Housing Estates. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.