Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,248 members, 7,864,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:20 PM

Teens Getting Impregnated, Who Is To Blame? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Teens Getting Impregnated, Who Is To Blame? (649 Views)

Married Mother Of 8 Dies From Abortion Complications, Boyfriend Impregnated Her / Woman Chased Away Husband From Home After Impregnated By Lover (pics) / My Husband Impregnated His 'sister' In Our Matrimonial Home: Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teens Getting Impregnated, Who Is To Blame? by Dolypson04(m): 10:25am On Apr 04, 2015
I recently visited a friend and I noticed the trend in her area; Kids having kids! Most of the children in question are between the ages of 13-17. I was angered and blamed their parents for this unpleasant occurrence. My friend countered me stating that the children themselves should be held responsible. Let's examine some of the factors responsible for teen pregnancy;

1. Poverty: This is the major cause of teenage pregnancy in most developing countries. Many parents can't afford to take care of their wards. In their bid to support the family, they are subjected to hawking and fending for themselves. They are often exposed to illicit sex from never-do-well men who got them pregnant and deny it.

2. Broken Marriages: Children are often the major losers of a broken home. A child from a broken home has less care and protection. They tend to be a victim of these irresponsible adults that take advantage of them.

3. Sexual Illiteracy: The level of illiteracy in Nigeria is at alarming rate. Lack of sexual education from parents does their daughters no good. The teachers that should render some assistance on this often see sex-talk as sacrilege. Something that is meant only for adults' hearing.

5. Religion: Some religions believe in child marriages and even claim that a 13-year old girl is matured enough to dabble into marriage. How on earth this could be true is beyond my comprehension. The so-called husband often take advantage of this and got these kids impregnated after which they lose interest and abandon them to their parents heavy.
The list goes on and on but no matter what, I believe the parents should be held responsible regardless of their condition. What are your thoughts? Share pls!
Re: Teens Getting Impregnated, Who Is To Blame? by Solowande(m): 10:35am On Apr 04, 2015
The summary abi na conclusion of d mata is dat d society we live in had damage our way of life. We no longer respect our culture. All we na respect and put value to is d western culture where anytime can happen. For me, d society is to be blame
Re: Teens Getting Impregnated, Who Is To Blame? by godlyrichly(m): 10:48am On Apr 04, 2015
Approximately 750,000 of 15- to 19-year-olds become pregnant each year, according to The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, though many teenagers do not believe that they will get pregnant if they engage in sexual activity. Peer Pressure is a major factor. During adolescence, teenagers often feel pressure to make friends and fit in with their peers. Many times these teens let their friends influence their decision to have sex even when they do not fully understand the consequences associated with the act. Teenagers have sex as a way to appear cool and sophisticated, but in some cases the end result is an unplanned teen pregnancy. The Kaiser Family Foundation states that more than 29 percent of pregnant teens reported that they felt pressured to have sex, and 33 percent of pregnant teens stated that they felt that they were not ready for a sexual relationship, but proceeded anyway because they feared ridicule or rejection.

1 Like

Re: Teens Getting Impregnated, Who Is To Blame? by agarawu23(m): 11:15am On Apr 04, 2015
Society , mode of upbringing and heredity.

May our children not be put ashame

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need A Place To Stay In Lagos / A Father Infects Daughter With Disease, Impregnates Step-sister / Pics: Is This True For Salary Earners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.