Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) (36698 Views)

Nigerian New Jersey Teen Gets Accepted By All 8 Ivy League Schools / Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna Accepted By Eight Ivy League Schools / Chioma Onuoha Admitted In Three Ivy League Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by legendary4luv(m): 6:43am On Apr 06, 2015
13yrs like seriously lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 06, 2015
Very brilliant and good news. You won't see those fools who like to base all their life on tribalism now. If 2 say dem say the boy steal something now.

You go hear na so East people dey do , stuff like that we dont need that anymore. Let's move forward together and be positive towards each no matter the tribe or differences.

Kudos to the boy, Make us proud.

Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Okeikpu(m): 6:50am On Apr 06, 2015
We lead while others dey sleep tongue Igbo kwenu! (⌒▽⌒)Very soon una go hear my own breakthrough tongue may Lucipher punish the tribes that replaced a phd holder wt an abysmal, immoporial illiterate ⊙︿⊙

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Arysexy(m): 6:52am On Apr 06, 2015
God bless ndigbo!

Haters, eat truck loads of shyt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by oismail(m): 6:53am On Apr 06, 2015
So many of them lives in Naija but I'm glad he made good use of his opportunity.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 06, 2015
That is how we roll.
Igbos representing Nigerian in all sector.
It is a blessing to be too IGBOTIC.

God bless Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 06, 2015
Nigeria got talent

I tap into d current....amen
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Everest4: 7:01am On Apr 06, 2015
zwar:

Lool...it does not work that way dude...you can not just put anyone in a position because of some high grades
Leadership is different from academic ability....though both can work in tandem at times...but not always
There have been so many other older Nigerians that have acheived such feat, but choose to keep it silent..
Ain't no biggies...
their is a trace of bigotsim in u.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by skyisthelimit(m): 7:04am On Apr 06, 2015
most Nigerians have this education thing as their orientation...everybody wants to go to school..just too sad our standard is so poor now because of our greedy leaders...as yet when the opportunity comes for any..we always excel...we natural achievers...I remember when CNN even gave us that A ranking compared only to some Asian countries in a survey they conducted...lets celebrate this kid and the many others representing everything positive about Naija.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by drehdinho(m): 7:11am On Apr 06, 2015
This is one the great achievements a man can achieve on this earth. The fact is that many are rendered incompetent not because they are not brilliant, but because there is no strong financial, social, and psychological leverage for them. In this part of the world we find ourselves, where God has blessed with lots of natural resources,our leaders don't think about the future of the masses ,they only do think about their own children, Those that are rich keep getting rich and those that are poor keep ebbing financially.

Another factor affecting us in Africa is about those who were initially part of the masses, now have managed to get through to the top, on getting to the top position, they start doing things without considering others.

I know of a village in IMO state, Izombe to be precise, in which I was opportuned to serve. This village happens to be one of the oil producing lands in Nigeria, evident of this is the Oil company located at the largest part of this village. If I tell you that for a whole year spent in this naturally endowed village, I didn't experience a bleep of light(called electricity). The people there solely rely on generator set. When you hear the people say this ,'light has come', don't think there's light, but it has come in form of flash. Is that not horrible.
Let's assume the last point is not a big deal ,at least the villagers have other options.
What pains me the most is the poor degree of the education of these villagers. I was opportunity to work with one of the private secondary schools in this village,It was then that I saw the level of poverty, the school was asking the parents to pay per head, a maeger sum of five thousand niara, even still at this rate, the parents were still going to find it hard paying.
However, in this same village, there are lots of wealthy and influential people pretending as if they don't see the problems their people are facing. All they enjoy doing is to fly their nuclear family abroad. Spend hell of money on them, make sure their children attend the best school and give them the best in all possible ramifications . And When it's Christmas time, they will travel down to the village and start displaying flashy cars ,buy alcoholics for the youths. Is that the way forward?
As a wealthy and influential person, build companies instead of hotels, and place insurance on it. Create scholarship scheme for the orphans. Empower the women in your community. If you can do that all alone, ask for help from your co-wealthy friends. See how to reduce the menace of poverty among your people. Am sure when these hopeless masses get to the top ,they won't forget you and your generations to come.

And remember that anything good one has done for his/her neighbour ,one has done it not only for God but also for oneself.
May God bless Africa, and bless Nigeria as a whole Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 06, 2015
Impressive!

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by DonDiego(m): 7:12am On Apr 06, 2015
Just makes you wonder why talented and hardworking Nigerians always have to go abroad to see their potentials fully realised? Why is Nigeria so steeped in nepotism and encourages mediocrity so much? The day people are fully and wholeheartedly recognized for their abilities rather than their ethnic or religious affliations is the day the Nigerian promise will blast off to the heavens.

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by christopher123(m): 7:14am On Apr 06, 2015
What breeds tribalsm that an igbo did well and I should not congratulate him or that i should deny his been igbo or that I should not state my igbotic nature or that I sh9uld not extoll our quality

Or is it not a facthat we are hated ..tell me which one

I am so proudof our achievement as igbo pls deal with it

The more thet they hate the more we soar

DrMoffy:
I urge ur fellow kinsmen who have better exposure and understanding about life to erase ds kind of mentality from Igbo race. This is d kind of mindset dat breeds tribalism and hatred. If d older generatn made d same mistake of polluting minds then we all need to work hard and eradicate it in our own generation because of innocent kids....

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 06, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Yea, I'm telling you. Nigerians here are doing well. My boss at work (IT company) is Nigerian and you need to see how smart and intelligent he is, and commands respect from his oyibo subordinates. I have utmost respect for him. I attended the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) conference in Anaheim, California (flew to Los Angeles International Airport) 2 weeks ago. This is an event that is held once every year during which top companies such as Ford Motors, General Electric, Shell, Chevron, Chevrolet, Northrup Grummann, Intel, Cisco etc attend to recruit intelligent black engineers, and is attended by thousands, of students from all over US. I went there and the number of Nigerians I found there was stifling. Nigerians (Igbo, Yoruba, Urhobo, Ibibio) everywhere. O gini na-afio? undecided Approximately 45% of the people there were Nigerians, including the recruiters/HR personnel representing the companies and the students. You would walk up to a recruiter to talk to him only to read his name tag and see 'onyekachi dike' or 'olaide tony' or 'dubem nwobu'. Or you would jump in line waiting to talk to a particular company and read the name tags of everyone standing in line and ALL are Nigerians. WTF undecided Even one of the recruiters happened to be my village guy, same village same ogbe (quarter)! grin Nna, quickly we exchanged contacts o. grin I met a couple of students who graduated from my UG school, UNN. People were just landing job offers on the spot. Interviews taking place here and there on the spot. One naija guy landed 3 offers from 3 different companies and was confused as to which one to choose. We (a collection of 5 nigerian students at the event grin) advised him to go for Johnson & Johnson seeing that it has more job benefits than the others.

Towards the ending of the event on the second day, na em my fellow yoruba students begin blow yoruba anyhow. Yoruba dey represent anywhere dem go. I hail una. cool

Or is it confidence and composure? Give it up to the Nigerians. They were walking around like they own the entire building complex.

And confidence is one trait most recruiters look out for in potential candidates, even if you don't know what you're saying, just act like you know what you're saying.

You can most times tell a Nigerian from his walking gait and the confidence he exudes while walking, or in other words, his 'i no send you' waka.

It goes a long way to show the huge presence of Nigerians in engineering in US. Nigerians rarely go for ajebo courses like english literature, social work, biological biology or however they want to tus.h it up to sound appealing undecided, but the tough ones such as engineering, medicine, etc where the money is. tongue
I beg to differ. I started studying in an Engineering program in the states this spring and from what I've seen we have a long way to go. Nigerians have mastered the art of getting top grades in US universities which is all very well, but that's not the most important thing. The most important thing is innovation. Inventing products. Building companies. Creating value and wealth. Not just racking up 4.0s that invariably set u up to be an employee to the white man for life. How many patents have been filed by any Nigerian or Nigerian run company in the states? Relative to other Nationals? For the amount of undergrads and graduates we funnel into the system yearly the net return on innovation is slim to none. Nigerians mostly like to play it safe: go to US, study hard and settle into cushy careers. I don't see any multi million ( not mommy and daddy enterprises abeg) Nigerian startups like I see with some Chinese, Japenese and even Indians in the US. My point is the mentality has to change from earning paper certificates to creating lasting value that would impact on society, and as of right now i don't see anything that would justify any chest thumping as a Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 06, 2015
Okeikpu:
We lead while others dey sleep tongue Igbo kwenu! (⌒▽⌒)Very soon una go hear my own breakthrough tongue may Lucipher punish the tribes that replaced a phd holder wt an abysmal, immoporial illiterate ⊙︿⊙

Then you're saying lucipher should punish the whole 9ja tribe. That doesn't take you anywhere.

It's about the boy not the election.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by christopher123(m): 7:26am On Apr 06, 2015
Okeikpu:

All I csn say is. Gbam

Nna Kedu ije..ana aku

Kedu maka peppyluv na babyosisi

Ama na udo di?

4 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by asala1: 7:34am On Apr 06, 2015
Decryptor:

Not as bitter as some bigots and igbo haterz who will see this news smiley

He doesn't really need to show his inferiority complex on a thread like this. It just made him sound pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 06, 2015
alberto2k:
happy for him, proudly Naija smiley

God made WEED, Man made Beer...In GOD we Trust cool
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by wierdpsycho: 7:40am On Apr 06, 2015
Horayce:

I beg to differ. I started studying in an Engineering program in the states this spring and from what I've seen we have a long way to go. Nigerians have mastered the art of getting top grades in US universities which is all very well, but that's not the most important thing. The most important thing is innovation. Inventing products. Building companies. Creating value and wealth. Not just racking up 4.0s that invariably set u up to be an employee to the white man for life. How many patents have been filed by any Nigerian or Nigerian run company in the states? Relative to other Nationals? For the amount of undergrads and graduates we funnel into the system yearly the net return on innovation is slim to none. Nigerians mostly like to play it safe: go to US, study hard and settle into cushy careers. I don't see any multi million ( not mommy and daddy enterprises abeg) Nigerian startups like I see with some Chinese, Japenese and even Indians in the US. My point is the mentality has to change from earning paper certificates to creating lasting value that would impact on society, and as of right now i don't see anything that would justify any chest thumping as a Nigerian.
very correct, we as a people should embrace innovation.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Ominiriches(m): 7:40am On Apr 06, 2015
Keep the vision until it turns to light.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by hero10(m): 7:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Nimblemind:
100.5%
Thats scary!
Abio! to make 4.00 sef no easy for naija

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by alberto2k(m): 7:44am On Apr 06, 2015
olaxco2f:

God made WEED, Man made Beer...In GOD we Trust cool
thanks brother cool

Care for some cheesy?

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by wtfCode: 7:49am On Apr 06, 2015
thats how we roll.

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by wtfCode: 7:51am On Apr 06, 2015
alberto2k:

thanks brother cool

Care for some cheesy?
u mind if i grab 1 joint and bake with u?
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 06, 2015
alberto2k:

thanks brother cool

Care for some cheesy?

Am already on 420 Bro!

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by alberto2k(m): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2015
wtfCode:

u mind if i grab 1 joint and bake with u?
a friend with weed is a friend indeed cheesy

Oya bring ur wrapping paper and light 'em up bro! cheesy

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Nimblemind(m): 7:58am On Apr 06, 2015
hero10:
Abio! to make 4.00 sef no easy for naija
My broda, e no easy at all.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Bollinger(m): 7:59am On Apr 06, 2015
JonaTheClown:
ok,

Great achievement .

He should be the next Minister of Health!

Buhari Take Note!

You'all do realize, if he was to be asked where Nigeria is on a map, he would not know. Stop claiming people Nigeria did not help nuture.

2 Likes

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by alabi484(m): 8:01am On Apr 06, 2015
megawax8:

We are 160 million o...... This is just about ONE person.
lol....true tho grin

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by BizBayo: 8:06am On Apr 06, 2015
christopher123:

You don't understand ..the case is that they expect igbo to be down but to their dismay igbo keep suprising them ..tour correct they will envy instaed of congratulate

That's nigerian for u

at all. You're wrong. He's talking about people's interest. Not ethnic or tribal interest. We hate or like it, the world sees us as NIGERIA.
Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Neplusultra(f): 8:09am On Apr 06, 2015
Igbo amaka kiss

1 Like

Re: Harold Ekeh - A Nigerian - Accepted By 8 Ivy League Schools (And 5 Others) by Bollinger(m): 8:15am On Apr 06, 2015
BizBayo:

at all. You're wrong. He's talking about people's interest. Not ethnic or tribal interest. We hate or like it, the world sees us as NIGERIA.

I disagree. Go read the original article on yahoo. There is not one mention of him being a Nigerian. The world see's him as an American.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Startups With The Most Beautiful Offices / Final Year Student Of FUOYE, Ekiti Dies In An Accident (Graphic Photos) / How A Futo Student Was Given A Muddy Bath After His Final Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.