Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Opinion: Buhari - A Lesson For All - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Buhari - A Lesson For All (1041 Views)

The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / OPINION: Buhari Is To Blame For Recent Biafra Agitations- By Femi Aribisala / “Buhari A Most Distinguished International Fellow”- US War College Commandant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Buhari - A Lesson For All by axeman10(m): 1:24am On Apr 05, 2015
This is not an opinion to praise or admonish anyone. It is written to inspire all you out there who are 'hustling' for one thing or the other. Surely, success is just around the corner if you are hardworking, steadfast, and keep improvising.

More importantly, believe in your values. Believe in what you stand for, believe in your product and be open to criticism, have wise counsel, and be ready for Change.

If a 72 year old man can learn new tricks and move with trends, why not we, young entrepreneurs, hustlers, jobseekers etc.

Buhari's recent success can be attributed to several factors including but not limited to:

1. Perseverance - It took him 4 attempts (12 years) to reach the promise land. The jackpot may just be one more swing away as he himself almost gave up 4years ago when he said he was contesting no more.

2. Believe - Believe in your product. Believe in what you are selling. The only product I see Buhari selling is his anticorruption slogan, which he hammered on for 12 years before Nigerians could listen.

3. Be Innovative and open to change - Buhari success this time around could also be attributed to his new appeal...kudos to his team! He is well packaged - from his dressing, to the use of social media and emotional appeal (using his wife). His product - campaigns - was no different from his competitors', but he was able to push it better into our faces and our hearts. His main competition performed poorly by reminding the people constantly about the Buhari product rather than theirs.

4. Be Steadfast : Be firm in your purpose, be resolute and pursue your goal like a raging bull. Buhari never compromised his standards - (at least all through the campaign and we wait to see when he and his party actually start their governance). This made him an easy product to sell, and the people in his team have to raise their bar - ship in or ship out. In your business, set a standard, follow through with your goals, values and virtues.

5. Seize the Opportunity: When it is your time to 'blow' you must 'blow'. No 'Jupiter' can stop your shine. Work hard and the opportunities will come with success shining on you. Even the house of the enemies will be divided to pave way for your success and new allies will be formed to lift you up.

Be open minded and seize that opportunity when it comes knocking.

Other things I could take from this are that do not let your past define who you are, do not let people constantly remind you of your past as long as you are convinced within yourself you are changed person, if your thinking has not change from what I was 20-30 years ago, then you have not grown.

Feel free to add yours.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Buhari - A Lesson For All by Fairgodwin(m): 1:27am On Apr 05, 2015
Good. I learnt the greatest lesson of perseverance, politically, when I first read/heard about Abraham Lincoln of the USA.
Sincerely speaking, it is never good to give up on what you so much believe in and love.
I always wish to get my Phd and go into lecturing fully. I have had so many people discourage me, telling me I can't do it just because I don't have the means, financially [yet]. But I WON'T ever give up; for it is my dream and passion and, I must LIVE IT!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Buhari - A Lesson For All by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 05, 2015
Very true. I admire buhari for this.
Re: Opinion: Buhari - A Lesson For All by axeman10(m): 2:57am On Apr 05, 2015
Fairgodwin:
Good. I learnt the greatest lesson of perseverance, politically, when I first read/heard about Abraham Lincoln of the USA.
Sincerely speaking, it is never good to give up on what you so much believe in and love.
I always wish to get my Phd and go into lecturing fully. I have had so many people discourage me, telling me I can't do it just because I don't have the means, financially [yet]. But I WON'T ever give up; for it is my dream and passion and, I must LIVE IT!

When you honestly work hard towards what you believe in and truly love, all things being equal, you must surely get rewarded.
Like they say - when God wants to lift you up, he can use any platform/anyone who will go out of their way to help you achieve your dream.

Recognize the opportunity and take your chances.
Re: Opinion: Buhari - A Lesson For All by Fairgodwin(m): 3:04am On Apr 05, 2015
axeman10:

When you honestly work hard towards what you believe in and truly love, all things being equal, you must surely get rewarded.
Like they say - when God wants to lift you up, he can use any platform/anyone who will go out of their way to help you achieve your dream.

Recognize the opportunity and take your chances.

I never could have agreed more or less. Thank you.
Re: Opinion: Buhari - A Lesson For All by axeman10(m): 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
Fairgodwin:

I never could have agreed more or less. Thank you.

You're welcomed.
Re: Opinion: Buhari - A Lesson For All by axeman10(m): 2:20am On Apr 06, 2015
PDP's greatest undoing could also attributable to the pubicity given to Buhari.

There is nothing like bad publicity. When APC campaigned, they talked about Buhari; When PDP campaigned they talked about Buhari; Thus most electorates have no choice but to have Buhari in their subconscious.

Don't publicise your competitors! Do all you can to make yourself the reference point and be in your customers' mind 24/7...

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Shooting And A Dead Police Officer In Borikiri Port Harcourt / Chief Judge Advocates English Language Lessons For Lawyers / What's The Assurance That Apc Would've Given South East Senate Presidency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.