Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

2 Million Too Much? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2 Million Too Much? (2814 Views)

A Bugatti Chiron For $1.2 Million? Yep, Must Be Legit / Why Should I Clear My Toyota Corolla 2010 Model For 1.2 Million / Car News: The First 2017 Acura NSX Sells For $1.2 Million At Auction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 2:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
Is 2 million naira too much for a Medical Doctor making 250k per month for a first car?

Some ppl are talking "sense" into my head dat its not worth it, dat I should buy a cheap naija used ride & use d remaining cash to buy a land or do business instead but

I'm d type of person dat believes in quality and class as evidenced by d phones & other gadgets I use as they last longer than those buying cheap cheap things & dy

confer more class & respect to d owner...so house I'm putting it up to y'all. Whats your candid suggestion?
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
2009 Camry Hybrid... That car is so dope.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Bossforeva:
2009 Camry Hybrid... That car is so dope.

At last after 49 views..your comments is well appreciated but just wanted to know if 2 million is too much & not d type of car to buy...already got one in mind..

Thanx tho! wink
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by Readonee35L(m): 5:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
Not really too much
If savins nd excesss comes out of that 250k

1 Like

Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
Readonee35L:
Not really too much
If savins nd excesss comes out of that 250k

Thanx for your time but can you be a bit clearer with what you mean?
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by billy187(m): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
I guess that will kinda depend on factors mostly determined by you. Do you need a car? How often will you use it? Is accommodation an issue for you? You may have to answer these questions to make an informed decision.

I would have advised you go for a certified preused car that could last you years over a cheap naija used car that may blow up the second you buy it- but then the issues of accomodation/land comes up.

In short, your parameters are not sufficient enough to make an informed decision.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
billy187:
I guess that will kinda depend on factors mostly determined by you. Do you need a car? How often will you use it? Is accommodation an issue for you? You may have to answer these questions to make an informed decision.

I would have advised you go for a certified preused car that could last you years over a cheap naija used car that may blow up the second you buy it- but then the issues of accomodation/land comes up.

In short, your parameters are not sufficient enough to make an informed decision.

I will answer your questions one by one:

1. Yes I need a car badly.

2. I will be using it a lot, infact I need a V6 as I'll be doing interstate travelling.

3. Accommodation is not an issue.

4. I'm not in a hurry to buy a land as I do my things slow & steady with long lasting quality instead of cheap-cheap things that I'll av to manage-manage, hence I'll

like to get a CPO (certified pre owned).

So what do you say with dse answers?
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by billy187(m): 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
themodernman:

I will answer your questions one by one:

1. Yes I need a car badly.

2. I will be using it a lot, infact I need a V6 as I'll be doing interstate travelling.

3. Accommodation is not an issue.

4. I'm not in a hurry to buy a land as I do my things slow & steady with long lasting quality instead of cheap-cheap things that I'll av to manage-manage, hence I'll

like to get a CPO (certified pre owned).

So what do you say with dse answers?

2 million should be sufficient enough to get you a great pre used car,thats if import duties in Naija have not blown up yet. Keeping such a car should also fall within your paycheck; but then that depends on para meters such as the brand you are interested in.

I'm glad you are not penny wise, pound foolish though.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 10:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
billy187:

2 million should be sufficient enough to get you a great pre used car,thats if import duties in Naija have not blown up yet. Keeping such a car should also fall within your paycheck; but then that depends on para meters such as the brand you are interested in.

I'm glad you are not penny wise, pound foolish though.

Duties blowing up due to d dollar OR d proposed automotive policy implementation?
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by lonelydora: 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
My doctor friend, 2 million is not a big deal for a car because it will get you a normal everyday car.
How much do you think pre-owned 2008 Camry or Accord cost?

Forget about Nigerian used car because there's a reason a naija man wants to sell his car which he may not tell you, not to mention the blunder Kazeem had committed on the car.

I don't know if you think 2million will get you a Range Rover or a Mercedes G-wagon.

1 Like

Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 11:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
lonelydora:
My doctor friend, 2 million is not a big deal for a car because it will get you a normal everyday car.
How much do you think pre-owned 2008 Camry or Accord cost?

Forget about Nigerian used car because there's a reason a naija man wants to sell his car which he may not tell you, not to mention the blunder Kazeem had committed on the car.

I don't know if you think 2million will get you a Range Rover or a Mercedes G-wagon.

Lol @Gwagon & Kazeem... but even if 2m can get me an 08 camry/accord, I'll still avoid it cos those rides give robbers an ereection anytime they sight it. Will just

make do with a low keyed 2 million ride dat isn't easily resellable by thieves & save myself sleepness nights wink

1 Like

Re: 2 Million Too Much? by billy187(m): 5:37am On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

Duties blowing up due to d dollar OR d proposed automotive policy implementation?

More from the latter.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by bayooz(m): 6:04am On Apr 06, 2015
Op.
2 million naira is not too much to buy a pre owned car that will fit and bolster your status.
Just have it in mind that you buy a good car that will last you for at least 3 years so that you can think and plan towards other things like getting a good land in a good location.
2004-06 RX330, BMW X3, 2005 RAV4, 2006 CRV, 2002 Benz E or C class.
Depends on your taste.
Just don't start too big. Discipline, dedication and determination are 3Ds of life.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 11:36am On Apr 06, 2015
billy187:

More from the latter.

I wanna believe Buhari will CHANGE/scrap the Policy implementation joor!

P.S: thats d main reason I voted him*whispers*

1 Like

Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 11:38am On Apr 06, 2015
bayooz:
Op.
2 million naira is not too much to buy a pre owned car that will fit and bolster your status.
Just have it in mind that you buy a good car that will last you for at least 3 years so that you can think and plan towards other things like getting a good land in a good location.
2004-06 RX330, BMW X3, 2005 RAV4, 2006 CRV, 2002 Benz E or C class.
Depends on your taste.
Just don't start too big. Discipline, dedication and determination are 3Ds of life.

Are you sure 2m can get these rides apart from the 02 benz?

And I think 2m is too much for d 02benz, I think I can get an 04E class benz for 2m jarey!.....waiting patiently for d dollar to fall against d naira grin
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by billy187(m): 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

I wanna believe Buhari will CHANGE/scrap the Policy implementation joor!

P.S: thats d main reason I voted him*whispers*

grin grin
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by chillex8(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

Lol @Gwagon & Kazeem... but even if 2m can get me an 08 camry/accord, I'll still avoid it cos those rides give robbers an ereection anytime they sight it. Will just

make do with a low keyed 2 million ride dat isn't easily resellable by thieves & save myself sleepness nights wink

Just go for a jaguar XJ8 or chrysler 300c

Robbers don't know what to do with them grin
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
chillex8:

Just go for a jaguar XJ8 or chrysler 300c

Robbers don't know what to do with them grin

You sure sey 2m go fit get dat Jaguar? If so sef d ride go don old die!
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by bayooz(m): 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

Are you sure 2m can get these rides apart from the 02 benz?
And I think 2m is too much for d 02benz, I think I can get an 04E class benz for 2m jarey!.....waiting patiently for d dollar to fall against d naira grin
Am sure you will get change from 2003 RX300, 2003 BMW X3 and Benz E class. With the little change, you will register the car and fix little things like servicing. Am sure you will not spend beyond your budget line.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 1:51am On Apr 07, 2015
bayooz:

Am sure you will get change from 2003 RX300, 2003 BMW X3 and Benz E class. With the little change, you will register the car and fix little things like servicing. Am sure you will not spend beyond your budget line.

So between the BMW & Benz which do you think is thick?
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by sultaan(m): 2:05am On Apr 07, 2015
Ben 3, 5 series Audi A4,6 ,Volvo S60,80 XC90 Nissan Maxims Acura TL RL, Infinti M35

Or Subaru Forrester, Legacy
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 3:09am On Apr 07, 2015
sultaan:
Ben 3, 5 series Audi A4,6 ,Volvo S60,80 XC90 Nissan Maxims Acura TL RL, Infinti M35

Or Subaru Forrester, Legacy

Which is best between Benz & BMW.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by bayooz(m): 5:10am On Apr 07, 2015
themodernman:

So between the BMW & Benz which do you think is thick?
This is a tough question for anybody to answer.
BMW = Speed, comfort, reliability, style
Benz = Higher resale value, class, elegance, ruggedness, beauty.
It also depends on personal disposition and experience.
BMW, BENZ and AUDI are German innovations that are unrivalled. It is only Lexus that is trying to mimic and simplify their innovativeness.
You can browse for Benz vs BMW.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 9:21am On Apr 07, 2015
bayooz:

This is a tough question for anybody to answer.
BMW = Speed, comfort, reliability, style
Benz = Higher resale value, class, elegance, ruggedness, beauty.
It also depends on personal disposition and experience.
BMW, BENZ and AUDI are German innovations that are unrivalled. It is only Lexus that is trying to mimic and simplify their innovativeness.
You can browse for Benz vs BMW.

I've actually read about it before you replied and ds is wat people have to say:

BMW is all about perfomance with luxury WHILE

Benz is about luxury with perfomance.

This makes BMW look more powerful & sporty dan d Benz.

I think I'll go for d BMW X3.

Another review said BMW is for Young agile people while Benz is for Civilized men & women.

Another said anyone driving a BMW cares about perfomance while d one driving a Benz is simply tryna say: "hey, I'm rich!".

With these I think BMW should be more rugged dan d Benz so I'll choose an X3 over d Benz man.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by Nobody: 1:39am On Apr 08, 2015
Once you have a decent Apartment with good roads then you can spend that much on a car. I think German cars are strictly for people that love driving pleasure and not everyone really cares about that.

With a Budget of 2million which would include registration and insurance you should think about the following cars;
1. 2006 Honda Accord V6
2. 2006 Toyota Camry
3. 2005 Nissan Pathfinder/Xterra
4. 2003 Toyota Highlander

If you love the German cars.
1. Benz W203 C Class
2. Bmw E90 would be cool but it sits pretty love and interstate travel happens to be an option.

2005 ML350 will be the choice car for interstate travel cos of the state of our Naija roads now.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2015
cne010:
Once you have a decent Apartment with good roads then you can spend that much on a car. I think German cars are strictly for people that love driving pleasure and not everyone really cares about that.

With a Budget of 2million which would include registration and insurance you should think about the following cars;
1. 2006 Honda Accord V6
2. 2006 Toyota Camry
3. 2005 Nissan Pathfinder/Xterra
4. 2003 Toyota Highlander

If you love the German cars.
1. Benz W203 C Class
2. Bmw E90 would be cool but it sits pretty love and interstate travel happens to be an option.

2005 ML350 will be the choice car for interstate travel cos of the state of our Naija roads now.

ML 350? That's one hell of a fuel guzzler...since I'll be doing more of inter-state travel & intra-state movement I think I'll need an SUV & a BMW X3 should do just dat, d C-class are just too small for me. I'll go with d X3 jarey...cos its an SUV which is agile & rugged & also spacious...all those toyota & honda rides you listed proves won't gimme peace of mind cos thieves go just come visit pesin due to dr high 2nd hand value.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
themodernman:

ML 350? That's one hell of a fuel guzzler...since I'll be doing more of inter-state travel & intra-state movement I think I'll need an SUV & a BMW X3 should do just dat, d C-class are just too small for me. I'll go with d X3 jarey...cos its an SUV which is agile & rugged & also spacious...all those toyota & honda rides you listed proves won't gimme peace of mind cos thieves go just come visit pesin due to dr high 2nd hand value.

The BMW x3 is not a bad choice either.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by fanex: 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
buy the car.the change you will get after the car wouldnt buy u any decent land. when you can afford it buy your land in good area instead tying your cash in a land that might later become subject of litigation or neva appreciate. i have friend build house in these area where they are unlikely to ever live and the rental income rubbish as well.

1 Like

Re: 2 Million Too Much? by sultaan(m): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
I will rather not look at investment possibilities with your money since that will be on a separate forum but on cars and the money you like I will tell you that if you don't know what to buy for $7k may I suggest you got to the Berger lot look around and see which one you really like then look at the ones suggested on this thread if it is what you like within the budget of N1.7m which then you can go to the auto section and contact one of the sellers/importers to see how much they can get it for you. Remember I said which one you liked
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by sonnie10: 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Two million will buy you a tokumbo 2006 avalon, 2007 camry. But since advert is not allow in this section I won't speak further.
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
sonnie10:
Two million will buy you a tokumbo 2006 avalon, 2007 camry. But since advert is not allow in this section I won't speak further.

I've made my choice. Thanx
Re: 2 Million Too Much? by themodernman: 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
sultaan:
I will rather not look at investment possibilities with your money since that will be on a separate forum but on cars and the money you like I will tell you that if you don't know what to buy for $7k may I suggest you got to the Berger lot look around and see which one you really like then look at the ones suggested on this thread if it is what you like within the budget of N1.7m which then you can go to the auto section and contact one of the sellers/importers to see how much they can get it for you. Remember I said which one you liked

Berger

That place fraught with accidented & stolen vehicles?

I love my peace of mind so I think I'll pass...thanx tho.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2004 And 2005 Toyota Corolla / 230,000 Miles And Still Going Strong / Where Can I Get Pentosin Chf11s Power Steering Fluid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.