Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Counter Topic: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Counter Topic: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University. (1609 Views)

Team Oau Leaves Golden Benchmark At Bowen University / The Bad Welfare Condition Of Students In OAU (Photos) / The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Counter Topic: The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University. by paul234(m): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
This is a counter topic to the below quoted topic earlier created, having read through the topic, i wonder if the poster was ever a student and if he was a student then his statistics are wrong, as i refuted some allegation made by the poster though some point are true while some are disjointed. This therefore prompt me to create this counter topic as am presently a student of the school and i entered 2011.

Dapo777:
I got admission at bowen university in 2012, the joy and anxiety was still there and all that. I was warned that I won't like the school that they are too strict but I stubbornly refused to listen,thinking I would survive anything.

I was disappointed when I discovered this things about Bowen university. Luckily I got admitted into ui and ran for my dear life.

1)Religion is more important than education. Every students must attend chapel service every Tuesday,Thursday,and twice on Sunday at specific times, and its compulsory for all students regardless of your religion. If you try to skip any chapel service,you would be suspended for a semester.

The motto of the school is Excellence and Godliness i.e religion + academic is balanced, Chapel only holds on wednesday(VC meets with both staff and students), Thursday(students fellowship), and Sunday, yet some people snub it. The verdict for anyone who misses chapel is not suspension for a semester but that the person will lose an exeat.

2)Your dress style is more important than your character.
-You can't wear jeans
-You can't wear 3/4 trousers
-You can't keep afro hair style
-You can't use handband
-You must be in complete shirt and tie and plain trousers to class

Of course you can't wear jeans excepts on saturdays and sundays(both male and female), while girls put on trousers only on weekends(strictly saturdays) for sporting activities.

3)You can't decide when to eat.
There is a food time table for all students,if u miss morning food time table,no food for you in the morning again because all cafetarials would close when its past the time for eating. Same with afternoon and night food.

There is no time table for food, as cafeteria are always open from morning till 9pm.

4)You can't stay outside at night.
You dare not be found outside your hostel anytime from 7:30pm. Every student would be sent back to their hostel once its 7:30pm, and by 9pm u can't be found outside your room.

Guys do paro with there babe till 9pm and vice-versa.

5)Compulsory devotions for everyone.
By 6am you would be woken up for a 30 minutes devotion(singing and praising) and every 10pm you would be sent out of your room for 30 minutes devotion every single day including Sundays.

Yeah, devotion are compulsory yet people don't attend, and time spent is 15minute or less.

6)You can't leave the school compounds without applying for visa.
First of all,you can't go outside the school compound for any other reasons than to visit the bank for withdrawal or payment. And you must write a letter to the hall supervisor,who would read your letter (reasons why you want to go out) and he would sign it,and then you will take the letter to the student's affairs unit where they also read the letter and give u a paper where u write Ur name and department and date of departure,this paper you will then take to a woman in charge of the gates,who collects it and ask you to write your name on a list she then gives you a tally that you show to the gate man who would then allow you out. Maximum of 1 hour can be spent outside the school,later than that, and you could be purnished.

I agree with you on this, but not so bad with the way you painted it.

7)You must make 80% of class attendance before you would be allowed to do exam. Class attendance marking is always done.

70% attendance is what is required, which i believe is applicable in every other standard university.

coolThey give holiday assignment and you must submit it on resumption.

Maybe this is applicable in your department...so don't generalize.

9)The cost of living there is very high,because the sellers know we can't go outside school easily.

Yeah, cost of living is high because most of those seller like to extort us, tho there reason is best known to them.

10)The hostel that they are paying 120k for ,is in a terrible state,dirty toilets,slippery varenda,stinky environment. Mosquitoes nko? Wahala. 8 students per room for 120k per session.

Our hostels are very neat, everywhere is tiled and cleaners run morning and day shift cleaning every now and then. Infact my hostel is like a 3-star hotel...100l-200l students are 6per room while 300l-400l are just 4per room.

The good things I liked about bowen university

1)The girls their are very naive and easy to get, they are desperate to have boyfriend because they are leaving their father's house for the first time. The ratio of females to males is 7:1. Same thing with young female food sellers at cafetarials,because you are a bowenite,they assume you are very rich,so they open up easily to you.

The ratio of female to male is 7:4, girls might be easy to get based on those you've come across.

2)You can sell anything at any price if you know your way. Most Students there are from very rich families,so if you have an item,let's say a gold chain,and you know how to hype and market it ,you can sell fake gold chain for 50k, they have the money, but not all of them are gullible oo.

Dunno about this.

3)Their new library is very beautiful and ultra modern,fully airconditioned and strong internet access if you have the rj45 cable.

Fact!

4)The chapel too is quite beautiful and fully airconditioned.

Fact!

And this not a joke. Go there and witness it yourself.

In conclusion, BOWEN UNIVERSITY is a good school to be, and i think is high time Nigerians understand something, BOWEN is privately owned and they have their policies. It is therefore your responsibility to read thoroughly what their policies entails before applying. Not by coming here and moan about the said policies.

KINDLY READ MY SIGNATURE!

(1) (Reply)

10 Fact You May Not Have Known About Your Own Eyes But Should / 2015/2016 Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto POST UTME FORM08032684166 / Ariana Grande In The Nude Mom Any Are Going To Die As Her Son.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.