Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks (1440 Views)

Between EFCC & A Twitter User Who Is Displeased Over Oil Thieves 120 Year Jail / Ayiri Emami Storms Delta Community. PICS / Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by dazangel11(f): 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
Following President Goodluck Jonathan’s loss in the
presidential election, some community and militant
groups in Delta State have warned that they will not
accept the exclusion of the Niger Delta people in the
allocation of oil blocks in Nigeria.
A source close to one of the interest groups
revealed on Saturday that following Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari’s victory and Jonathan’s
inability to secure the support of northerners and
south-westerners in the March 28 presidential
election, Niger Delta people now want to take a
stand on how they want the oil blocks allocated.
The source added that several meetings had been
held and more meetings would still hold to arrive at
a common position, as renewal of the oil block
licences will become due soon.

The source said, “You can see how they voted
during the election. Every ethnic group voted for
their own. But they want to come back to the Niger
Delta to take away our resources without even
recognising that we should be involved in the
allocations.
“Let them come. We are waiting for them.”
“The recent series of destruction of oil pipelines and
formations in the Niger Delta area is just a warning
signal to the authorities that the people would not be
ready to take it lightly anymore.
“You can see that most of the oil block licences
come from the North and other parts of the country.
But when it came to voting, they mobilised their
people against our son,” the source added.

www.today.ng/news/buharis-victory-niger-delta-community-militant-groups-meet-over-oil-blocks/
Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
the niger-delta problem have always emanated within themselves, now they are getting ready for the mantle of leadership to be handled over to the president-elect and crew, but i know vividly that problem would arise among themselves before the said date.
Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by ozoigbondu: 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2015
What is happening is our pipeline about to kaboom undecided lf it does will our economy survive is cocoa farming about to return.....only time will return.

Millitants are trying to do this to pipelines

Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by kayboy4y(m): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ethnic Politics

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by Texcoco(m): 8:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
Tis only normal to meet and parley for the next step forward...although they are aggrieved but we presume some good will come out watching for Buhari's actions especially those around him who conspired against their son like thieffnubu and the northern oligarchy.If negotiations don't sit with them, a few dynamite sticks...a crucial crude oil supply line....Checkmate

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by pedel: 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
Texcoco:
Tis only normal to meet and parley for the next step forward...although they are aggrieved but we presume some good will come out watching for Buhari's actions especially those around him who conspired against their son like thieffnubu and the northern oligarchy.If negotiations don't sit with them, a few dynamite sticks...a crucial crude oil supply line....Checkmate

When they destroy pipelines what happens to their communities? environmental pollution and diseases that follows; poverty & unemployment as a result of people who can't farm and fish. They will only successfully destroy their own region. There should be a better way of getting what they want without destroying their own communities.

GEJ should have pushed for the implementation of the CONFAB reports and other things that would have addressed the agitations of the ND people.

The stupid terrorists militants should have prevailed on their 'son & brother' to push for bills that would benefit the ND/ SS people but they were only concerned with their pipeline protection contracts.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by drtwist(m): 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
Gone are those days when pple of the niger delta believe on fighting with gun. now we are enlighten and we knw her to handle issues. GMB need to tackle our region issue with sense or he might end up regretting coming back as a president. He need to show us that the money gotten from oil in the Niger delta is being use to develop other sector in the Niger delta like Agriculture, tourism and more. So that the poor can feel and enjoy the impact of it not Tompolo and the rest. Finally too many Northerners on Niger delta pay roll must be stop( P.T.I, shell, NNPC, AGIP) For we are ready to fight for what rightly belong. To us. Tank GoD for GEJ. Damjuma stay clear of the Niger delta when ur Oil license expire.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by drtwist(m): 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
The north will fight to the last man standing than to release some oil wells. Saudi Arabia can supply dollars to make sure the oil wells are secured.
Iran can supply weapons, Niger can supply Jihardists while Sudan can supply logistics.

It will be called the "course of Allah" and blood will flow one more time, just to keep Nigeria "one"!

Shame on Britain, shame on Luggard, shame on Zik!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by Idrismusty97(m): 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
noblezone:
The north will fight to the last man standing than to release some oil wells. Saudi Arabia can supply dollars to make sure the oil wells are secured.
Iran can supply weapons, Niger can supply Jihardists while Sudan can supply logistics.

It will be called the "course of Allah" and blood will flow one more time, just to keep Nigeria "one"!

Shame on Britain, shame on Luggard, shame on Zik!
Blame the world powers who want to keep us one, even if the North wants to break out they would be stopped. Even if there is no single drop of oil we would still be one. The world stands to benefit more from a united Nigeria than a divided one, even we stands to benefit from it. It is a win-win situation, we just have to cooperate and make it work. So Sai Buhari! One Nigeria forever!
Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by cold(m): 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
This whole scenario isn't looking good at all. I hope Buhari can steer this Nigerian vessel through these murky waters without sinking it...shudders
Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Blame the world powers who want to keep us one, even if the North wants to break out they would be stopped. Even if there is no single drop of oil we would still be one. The world stands to benefit more from a united Nigeria than a divided one, even we stands to benefit from it. It is a win-win situation, we just have to cooperate and make it work. So Sai Buhari! One Nigeria forever!

Win-win?

What I have been seeing is not win-win, it a situation where one side is slaughtered by one side.

That does not look like a win-win for me!
Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
ozoigbondu:
What is happening is our pipeline about to kaboom undecided lf it does will our economy survive is cocoa farming about to return.....only time will return.

Millitants are trying to do this to pipelines

Empty threats...
Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by pedel: 10:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
drtwist:
Gone are those days when pple of the niger delta believe on fighting with gun. now we are enlighten and we knw her to handle issues. GMB need to tackle our region issue with sense or he might end up regretting coming back as a president. He need to show us that the money gotten from oil in the Niger delta is being use to develop other sector in the Niger delta like Agriculture, tourism and more. So that the poor can feel and enjoy the impact of it not Tompolo and the rest. Finally too many Northerners on Niger delta pay roll must be stop( P.T.I, shell, NNPC, AGIP) For we are ready to fight for what rightly belong. To us. Tank GoD for GEJ. Damjuma stay clear of the Niger delta when ur Oil license expire.
Just like your own son did? I can't see how the current administration improved your lots or attended to your agitations. Your spokepersons were only fighting for contracts and their own 'pocket infrastructures'. Your own son was vice president/ and is president for 8 years and you are still complaining? I don't understand what is wrong with some people in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by drtwist(m): 11:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
pedel:
Just like your own son did? I can't see how the current administration improved your lots or attended to your agitations. Your spokepersons were only fighting for contracts and their own 'pocket infrastructures'. Your own son was vice president/ and is president for 8 years and you are still complaining? I don't understand what is wrong with some people in this country.
did ur people allow him to rule peacefully? no. So let's not ague on that. Thank God he was able to improve the standard of our people by opening our eyes, na we knw how to witch hunt any government who try to play prank on the Niger Delta. I bet u Buhari knw what is best for both party and that is not trying to intimidate us. I'm fighting for my region to progress because I rep the DELTA.
Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by Mckennedy: 11:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
I'm only watching .....
Re: Niger Delta Community, Militant Groups Meet Over Oil Blocks by zimoni(f): 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
Patiently watching the movie in 4D.

It's going to be interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Thinking About Another Woman During Sex With Ur Wife Will Make Ur Children Gay. / Nigerians Say Goodbye To GMO Foods As Agric Minister Adesina Leaves / Picture Of Buhari And His Late Wife Safinatu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.