Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

XML/ JSON Format Of Nigerian Institutions And Courses - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / XML/ JSON Format Of Nigerian Institutions And Courses (1693 Views)

English Dictionary In Xml/json Format / List Of All States With Local Governments In Nigeria In JSON, PHP And SQL Format / Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

XML/ JSON Format Of Nigerian Institutions And Courses by omibabs(m): 9:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hello guys!

Please i'm working on a project that requires the user to select from a list of nigerian institutions, and also the course they studied in this institution. Been searching all day, but can't seem to make any head way. The closest have been is a blog page listing out all this institutions, which will really be difficult to use for me.

Would appreciate your suggestion on how to get this data in XML or JSON format to make my life easy.

Thanks.. smiley
Re: XML/ JSON Format Of Nigerian Institutions And Courses by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 06, 2015
omibabs:
Hello guys!

Please i'm working on a project that requires the user to select from a list of nigerian institutions, and also the course they studied in this institution. Been searching all day, but can't seem to make any head way. The closest have been is a blog page listing out all this institutions, which will really be difficult to use for me.

Would appreciate your suggestion on how to get this data in XML or JSON format to make my life easy.

Thanks.. smiley

its easy, just find a webpage that contains the list of nigerian universities and their courses...i would advice JAMB website.
Check the webpage's source code, copy the raw data list of the universities and the courses. Then convert the markup to JSON from that.
Voila.

2 Likes

Re: XML/ JSON Format Of Nigerian Institutions And Courses by DangotePikin: 8:58am On Apr 07, 2015
You might need to visit the website of the institutions.
Re: XML/ JSON Format Of Nigerian Institutions And Courses by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
You just a have to download each school handbook. For example download delsu handbook .
Re: XML/ JSON Format Of Nigerian Institutions And Courses by Godzown: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
Any luck? I can help you give it a shot
Re: XML/ JSON Format Of Nigerian Institutions And Courses by Sirex(m): 11:44am On Jul 13, 2015
Op, please I'm also working on a project that requires that feature, can you please send me the json or xml?

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Fix My XSLT File / MOBIMATIC VERSION 2.0. This Breakthrough App Builder Creates App In Just 5mins! / Machine Learning Explained In Less Than A Thousand Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.