Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi (51914 Views)

Saraki Prays With Buhari, Sanusi And The King Of Morocco (Photo) / Buhari, Sanusi And 4Governors Praying For Nigeria (Photos) / Five Reasons Why Jonathan Lost- BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by Eseries(m): 11:02am On Apr 06, 2015
I laugh so hard When people say if Buhari doesn't perform, we will vote him out. People keep saying Nigerians voted GEJ out; yes they did but the reason they did was because GEJ is just a simple man, a civilian, a democrat who got to power on a platter of Gold. He didn't struggle for the seat, providence brought it to him. So he could afford to take chances. The Man Buhari has tested this seat, he knows how it feels to be in power, that is why he struggled for more that a decade for this. He hAs finally gotten it; you think he will ever take chances with it? Not at all!

Moreover Nigerians voted and will continue to vote along ethnic lines. Let me see how you will cancel out 1.9 million votes or more Kano will give buhari in the next election because those guys will still vote for him regardless of performance. He has a cult-hero followship in the north; what APC banked on.

My point is: regardless of performance, Buhari will be president for the next 8 years. The northerners won't be perturbed,he is their brother. They only care when a southerner is ruling. We southerners, let's hope his administration be good because there is nothing you can do about that 8 years! He has got it!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by raayah(f): 11:03am On Apr 06, 2015
free2ryhme:

have you heard of freedom of expression and speech

u need a little lesson in politics

ask Fayose and FFK what they said about buhari

Did you read what I said. Should we then abuse our rights of freedom of expression and speech? Even Fayose and FFK did not personally attack the intellectual capabilities of the president like you did.

Would you say this outside in your streets?Can you recite your posts to GEJ face to face. Will you also be ready to face the consequences that come with these words you have spoken outside. If your answer is yes, then carry on If not, maybe its time you rethink about yourself and your post.
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by raayah(f): 11:03am On Apr 06, 2015
free2ryhme:

you are asking me to prove GEJ's ingratitude? Are you sure u are a Nigerian . Please don't ever ask me that question ever > if u no wan make i tell you your life history

Go ahead, tell me my life history!
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by raayah(f): 11:06am On Apr 06, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by silvernus0: 11:13am On Apr 06, 2015
Yomieluv:
Am a pro-APC,but truth is northerners are the architect of their own mischief..

They have had more people in power,so they shouldn't use level of poverty as a yard to criticise GEJ's government,because it didn't start from him.

Till the northerners are truthful to themselves,they will keep going in circle.
CONCURE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by free2ryhme: 11:15am On Apr 06, 2015
raayah:

Did you read what I said. Should we then abuse our rights of freedom of expression and speech? Even Fayose and FFK did not personally attack the intellectual capabilities of the president like you did.

Would you say this outside in your streets?Can you recite your posts to GEJ face to face. Will you also be ready to face the consequences that come with these words you have spoken outside. If your answer is yes, then carry on If not, maybe its time you rethink about yourself and your post.

and what they said about Buhari was okay abi?

please go find work

I no get time for you attention seeking abeg
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by free2ryhme: 11:15am On Apr 06, 2015
raayah:

Go ahead, tell me my life history!

I can see u don't have sometime useful to do with your time

oya go rest
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by anigold(m): 11:27am On Apr 06, 2015
fallout87:
It is funny how Nigerians act like there was no corruption before GEJ.

As if the North was developed before he came to office or as if there was light before wicked GEJ took it from them.

GEJ lost for one reason only. All the kingpins who were winning elections for PDP moved to APC. Now the new PDP (APC) is here with all the old corrupt members, but only worse because now Tinubu calls the shots. Is funny because the masses see those corrupt PDP officeholders in APC yet think something is going to change.

This was all about taking power by force so the Northerns can be happy and those with oil block can continue enjoying.

Tinubu of course will make sure to get his share of course

excellent comment...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by raayah(f): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2015
free2ryhme:

I can see u don't have sometime useful to do with your time

oya go rest

You go and rest, If you are serious don't respond to me anymore. Going through your posts, I can already decipher the kind of person that you are. You are rude,obnoxious, attention seeking and most likely lacking a job. You rush to post on topics without thinking properly.

You are a shame and embarrassment to Nairaland and Nigeria.Look at your Damn comment. Naiaraland has millions of people visiting the front page daily and you decide to project a bitter and ugly image of yourself.

Its good that this site is anonymous. No one really knows who anyone is. You can get away with anything.
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by Billygee2u: 11:31am On Apr 06, 2015
enpopa2:
only northerners can develop the north don't wait for the president/government to do that. since independence, the north has ruled more so why is there still poverty prevalent there? education is key to northern liberation and GEJ has been so kind to start tackling it while BH fights western
education. Sanusi, you can use your office and alleviate poverty too. elections were based on tribe especially in the north.
are you now calling on Buhari to face the north and forget other regions? remember that GEJ did nothing in his area till date,
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by raayah(f): 11:32am On Apr 06, 2015
free2ryhme:

and what they said about Buhari was okay abi?

please go find work

I no get time for you attention seeking abeg

What did they say about buhari that was wrong? As far as I know they never called him an idiot or an ingrate!.

They said he had no education-true
They said he was a past dictator -true.

You have no valid point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by Arogunmasa(m): 11:33am On Apr 06, 2015
[b][/b]
Sweetguy25:
Sanusi, thunder fire you and your fellow abokì ìdiots.
-9 universities,
-Hundreds of almajiri schools,
-More fertilizers for northern farmers,
- better irrigation for farmers

and what does GEJ get in return? Stoned during campaigns and booed!

I don't blame you people. Bloody parasites.

Where are the 9 univeristies sir, do you care to point me in a direction?

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by anigold(m): 11:33am On Apr 06, 2015
raayah:

out of all the votes that Buhari got, 78% came from the Northern part of Nigeria Yes almost 10 million votes from the North. You are very correct , Nigeria will vote along ethnic and religious lines. Nothing, Nothing is Changing.

I really hope the west wont run to east/south for votes when the need arise to vote out buhari.. because am very sure voting out buhari if he under-performs will be like counting the sands...

When Kano can produce 10million votes abi 1billion votes hahahahagag.

I know the political marriage between the west and the North will seize to exist immediately Tinubu/Osibanjo wants the presidency...

it will be very dramatic...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by toprealman: 11:36am On Apr 06, 2015
Another 'great economist' by paper qualification. This guy played a role in placing us where we are today.
Parawo emir. What a joke of a man he is.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by amnesty7: 11:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Congrats Emir Sanusi. God has humbled your enemies out of power after they had to bow before you in your own palace. Congrats!

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by bakjal(m): 11:40am On Apr 06, 2015
drtwist:
Go to hell. U that was working with the opposition to Destroy jonathan government.
slowpoke go and get ur brain fixed
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by KorrectMedia(m): 11:41am On Apr 06, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
Former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and the current Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, says President Goodluck Jonathan lost because of the mood of voters which was determined by the economic conditions and level of poverty across the country.

Sanusi, who is now known as Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II, said this during an interview with our correspondent on Saturday.
He said the voting showed that areas which had a high rate of poverty felt neglected by the Peoples Democratic Party-led Federal Government over the years.

Sanusi said the presidential poll results showed that the figures of the PDP in presidential elections from 1999 had continued to dwindle significantly.

The monarch said the PDP got fewer votes in 2007, less in 2011 and then fewer votes in 2015 causing the ruling party to finally lose to the opposition party, the All Progressives Congress.

He said, “I think in 2011, it was very clear that Jonathan had lost many states in the North that had previously been won by former President Olusegun Obasanjo. And it was clear that there was a general sense by people of the Federal Government not investing in the areas where there is a high level of poverty.

“I believe more and more of those states began to feel that sense of not feeling the federal presence and not feeling the impact of democracy in their pockets and I think it is extremely important for people to connect with the government and when you have such conditions after 16 years of democracy, it was natural that people would want to have a change and I think this is basically what has happened.

“I don’t think it is something about an individual, I think it is something that has been going on for a number of years and you could see the states won by the PDP in 1999 and what they won in 2003, what they won in 2007, 2011 and you would begin to see the changes in the way Nigerians were responding so it was a matter of time.”

Sanusi, however, commended Jonathan, the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari; and the Independent National Electoral Commission for the conduct and atmosphere of the election.

He said change of leadership was good for democracy as it encouraged healthy competition. He said it was the trend in democracies across the world.
“I think it is good for the country that you have different parties winning and if the APC performs, they get another term and if they don’t, they get voted out after four years and it is extremely important that this happens so let us not see it in terms of somebody losing,” he said.

Sanusi also urged Buhari not to focus solely on corruption but on other areas that required urgent government attention such as education, decaying infrastructure, diversifying the economy and fixing power.

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-jonathan-lost-to-buhari-sanusi/

Jonathan should have been the best president Nigeria has ever had but he is/was surrounded by what I call "BAD ADVISERS". They didn't give him good advice on how the country should be run.

Well, I think Sanusi has said it all. And also, see what's coming from the mouth of a Leader below

>>> http://korrectgossips.com/gossips/if-you-dont-vote-ambode-thats-your-end-oba-of-lagos-warns-igbos/
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 06, 2015
jerryboiii:
enough of this!!!!!!!!

I tire
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 06, 2015
champion69:
Sanusi, who is now known as Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II, said this during an interview with our correspondent on Saturday.
He said the voting showed that areas which had a high rate of poverty felt neglected by the Peoples Democratic Party-led Federal
Government over the years.

Story for the gods, the north has from time memorial had a high rate of poverty, it's not a new development neither is it caused by Jonathan's administration, people voted on basis of religion and ethnic sentiments that's the bitter truth. Sanusi, stop painting the obvious.

@Bold: That assertion, though true for the most parts, is not applicable to the voting pattern in the South West.

In my opinion, voters in the South West seem to be the more politically matured as compared to voters in other regions.
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by neyur: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2015
egift:
Jonathan lost due to 5.5yrs of Incompetence.

Effect of tramol on some nigerian youths.
Am happy I gat one test of analysis.......
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by saintdipo1: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
GEJ tried his best fOr this country but he made some blunders,he embrace corruption,he mismanaged our foreign reserve funds, sharring our money to corrupt leaders,now dollar has risen against naira.
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by bamdexfarms(m): 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by kuuljay(m): 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
truth be told uncle jonah try abeg.he was only blinded by people around him he got the reality of things few months to election and almost performed wanders but it was too late.he was blind folded by sycophants
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by muktarmtt(m): 12:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
drtwist:
Go to hell. U that was working with the opposition to Destroy jonathan government.
most he work with Jonathan dis is democracy wat kind of asshole r u?
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by deletrue: 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
drtwist:
Don't mind those hausas and yorubas. It is matter of time, we will go our ways. This is not election. It is a simply betrayal and gang up. Imagine, Mimico betraying GEJ. Life is full of what no normal can believe.
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by Okeikpu(m): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
They r poor n yet one man marry up to 10 wives....wt over100 kids.... Useless cows ⊙︿⊙ Just go to the nOrth n see how their children scattered everywhere like locust sad 4ucktards! You can shove that ur reasons right inside ur arze (¬_¬) Adamu!

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by muktarmtt(m): 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:
-9 universities,

lol see anoda angry fellow just take a heart bro d deal is already done wait after four years and come back with more hate polities nd see wat happen bunch of angry people
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by uckay304: 12:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
Former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and the current Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, says President Goodluck Jonathan lost because of the mood of voters which was determined by the economic conditions and level of poverty across the country.

He said the voting showed that areas which had a high rate of poverty felt neglected by the Peoples Democratic Party-led Federal Government over the years.

Sanusi said the presidential poll results showed that the figures of the PDP in presidential elections from 1999 had continued to dwindle significantly.

The monarch said the PDP got fewer votes in 2007, less in 2011 and then fewer votes in 2015 causing the ruling party to finally lose to the opposition party, the All Progressives Congress.

He said, “I think in 2011, it was very clear that Jonathan had lost many states in the North that had previously been won by former President Olusegun Obasanjo. And it was clear that there was a general sense by people of the Federal Government not investing in the areas where there is a high level of poverty.

“I believe more and more of those states began to feel that sense of not feeling the federal presence and not feeling the impact of democracy in their pockets and I think it is extremely important for people to connect with the government and when you have such conditions after 16 years of democracy, it was natural that people would want to have a change and I think this is basically what has happened.

“I don’t think it is something about an individual, I think it is something that has been going on for a number of years and you could see the states won by the PDP in 1999 and what they won in 2003, what they won in 2007, 2011 and you would begin to see the changes in the way Nigerians were responding so it was a matter of time.”

Sanusi, however, commended Jonathan, the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari; and the Independent National Electoral Commission for the conduct and atmosphere of the election.

He said change of leadership was good for democracy as it encouraged healthy competition. He said it was the trend in democracies across the world.
“I think it is good for the country that you have different parties winning and if the APC performs, they get another term and if they don’t, they get voted out after four years and it is extremely important that this happens so let us not see it in terms of somebody losing,” he said.

Sanusi also urged Buhari not to focus solely on corruption but on other areas that required urgent government attention such as education, decaying infrastructure, diversifying the economy and fixing power.

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-jonathan-lost-to-buhari-sanusi/
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by free2ryhme: 12:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
raayah:

What did they say about buhari that was wrong? As far as I know they never called him an idiot or an ingrate!.

They said he had no education-true
They said he was a past dictator -true.

You have no valid point.

They said he had no education- or they say he had no certificate which one

Did fayose not imply say he will die in office
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:
-9 universities,

Did they tell him they wanted schools. BTW UK built the schools and none of the universities is up and running yet. North has always gotten fertiliser(unlike south they defend their votes and dividend of democracy) so unless you give them tractor you have done nothing special. Which irrigation. No be thief dem de thief the dam contract money.4billion was released for mangu water project the night before election meanwhile my senator Sent me to remind minister of water over 3times to build his 5million Naira dams in his district to no avail. Abeg make we hear word. Time for propaganda govt is over
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by ArodeTsolaye: 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hope Buhari will make all Northerners billionaires this time?.
Re: Why Jonathan Lost To Buhari – Sanusi by smoothlips(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
drtwist:
Now read your post, come back and read Sanusi's comments.. find the relationship between the 2
Are you proud of yourself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Releases Names Of Senators-elect (see List) / Nigerian Policeman Spotted Repairing His Gun At A Welder's Workshop. Photos / Sanwo-Olu Presents Staff Of Office To New Oniru Abdul-Wasiu Omognbolahan Lawal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.