Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos (2716 Views)

See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home / Vote: Who Is More Beautiful Aisha Buhari, Bolanle Ambode, Or Eberechi N-wike / I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by godsboy4eva: 6:34am On Apr 06, 2015
Igbos living in Lagos were told on Sunday to vote for the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Akinwumi Ambode, or else they will die in the lagoon.

A visibly angry Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, in an unconcealed threat, stated that he was not ready to beg the Igbos, but if they repeated what they did on March 28 when they voted for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), President Goodluck Jonathan, then they should be ready for the consequences.

The governorship elections are scheduled to hold on Saturday, and it is believed that Igbo residents in Lagos will vote for the PDP candidate, Jimi Agbaje, just like they did during the presidential and National Assembly elections that led to the victory of PDP candidates of Igbo origin and from Delta State in three federal constituencies in Lagos.

The victory of the non-indigenes of Lagos, THISDAY gathered, has not gone down well with the Lagos chapter of the APC.

Speaking at a meeting with Igbo leaders in the state, according to an online news medium, Freedom Online, the first class monarch, who failed to recognise the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos, said: “On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against Ambode who I picked, that is your end. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it is not my father who gave birth to me.

“Jonathan is my son and I speak to him everyday. By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivided chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future.

“On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.

“I’m not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi (Agbaje) is my blood relation and I told him that he cannot be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere, don’t do it here.

“If you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you. If you go against my wish, you will perish in the water.”

The monarch said anybody against Ambode did not wish the state well, adding, “I am for the progress, growth and development of Lagos. Ambode is highly cerebral, he’s a symbol and he is going to deliver the message which I, the Oba of Lagos, have said. And he will govern the state for another eight years.

“He is going on a mission and God will give him the wisdom and knowledge to fulfill that mission. Almost a year ago, I declared that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos and it will not change.

“From time immemorial, the previous occupiers of this house will say what they wanted after consultations with other people. And this hasn’t changed and it will not change at this time,” he said.

In a veiled reference to one of Jonathan’s predecessors, Akiolu stated that the crisis Nigeria was facing was not caused by the Jonathan administration but by another person he refused to name.

Continuing with his tirade, he said: “If not for the appeal from Asiwaju (Bola Tinubu) and my highly respected maternal father, the Awujale of Ijebu-Ode, all what is happening today is not the cause of the present government. The man who caused everything knows himself.”

In his response, the Eze-Ndigbo of Amuwo-Oriade, Dr. Gordian Dimojiaku, promised Akiolu that the Igbos in the state would support Ambode.

“The mistake of last Saturday was caused by everybody, not only the Igbos. It is not only the Igbos that were responsible for the votes. But we have learnt our lesson. Saturday’s election is going to be a different thing and Ambode is going to win.

“Everybody knows that when you fail the first time, you cannot afford to fail again. We are going to tell our people that Ezes from the 20 local governments and 37 local council development areas are here and that we have sworn with the Oba that we are going to make sure that Ambode wins next Saturday’s election,” he said.

Source: Thisdaylive.com
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by 01emek(m): 6:44am On Apr 06, 2015
Any shit could be said in yuroba.. Good for nothing people..

fool, i trust my people, they are above some silly threat... Lagos is a ''no mans land''.

4 Likes

Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by ephemm(m): 6:45am On Apr 06, 2015
I do not believe the Oba said this.

This is just an attempt by this never-relenting-in-evil PDP e-rats to defame the person of the Oba and Ambode.

The Oba a few weeks ago said he did not endorse anyone.

During GEJ frequent visits to Lagos and also the commissioning of the New warship, the Oba was romancing GEJ and PDP.

Nna men, this propaganda doesn't hold water.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by FrankOguns(m): 6:45am On Apr 06, 2015
Useless threat and a disappointing response from a brainless man.
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 06, 2015
What chapter of super story is this?
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 06, 2015
You don't win votes by threats and insults but I doubt if an oba said this. If truly he made the statements, Kabiyesi should appeal to Igbo voters rather than adopt Asari method which didn't help Jonathan. BTW Kabiyesi also supported Jonathan, abi?
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by kayboy4y(m): 6:52am On Apr 06, 2015
Spitting fire

1 Like

Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by alaoeri: 6:53am On Apr 06, 2015
Sound like threat besides the story seems cook, no Oba in his right senses will spew this gibberish.
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by oluwafemi113(m): 6:53am On Apr 06, 2015
We don't like the Hausas & we don't like the Yorubas, yet we populate their States in search for our livelihood." ~Okorocha's letter to Igbos

1 Like

Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by SOUNDKING: 6:58am On Apr 06, 2015
If the Oba really said that, then 1 word 4 him, may amadioha afflict him with amu ibi,size 50.

2 Likes

Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by VoteOutPDPJona: 6:59am On Apr 06, 2015
I don't believe this story.
This belongs to the joke section. grin
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by kingthreat(m): 7:00am On Apr 06, 2015
01emek:

fool, i trust my people, they are above some silly threat... Lagos is a ''no mans land''.

Keep deceiving yourselves. Yeebos are nothing but visitors here. The day we declare Odualand, that day you remember your exit to your Land of the rising sun. Nonsense. Even if Igbo land is laid waste like Somaliland, Lagos remains Yorubaland.

2 Likes

Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by Lavidah: 7:00am On Apr 06, 2015
Silly talk!
However, on a second thought, this doctored trash could actually be the crafty handiwork of anti-APC agents in the state to get some votes for the opposition.

Desperate search for votes!
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by luvinhubby(m): 7:01am On Apr 06, 2015
Sorry, i don't believe this, oba Akiolu cannot utter those words.
Edited: The man truly said so and that is very very appalling of a so-called royal 'father' who should see all as his subject or children. Very unfortunate that such words came from the lips of an ex AIG & current traditional ruler. SHAME!
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by dealslip(f): 7:02am On Apr 06, 2015
I support Jimi but I dont believe this. This is the fastest and easiest way to lose Lagos. The Ibos have a right to chose who governs them even if Lagos isnt their hometown. They work and pay tax in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by blessedqueen(f): 7:06am On Apr 06, 2015
That Oba is stewpid to ve said that...

Only dullards will be voting for Ambode in Lagos... The guy knows nothing apart from covering fraudulent tracks with his accounting tricks. That's why he worked for almost all local governments and mostly under Tinubu.

As I voted for change by voting Buhari, I will also reason well as a concerned youth of Lagos State to vote for change by voting Jimi Agbaje

3 Likes

Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by dunkem21(m): 7:07am On Apr 06, 2015
grin
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by ShakurM(m): 7:09am On Apr 06, 2015
With this comment ;
If I were Igbo, I won't vote 4 Ambode. undecided

This Oba better no spoil plan 4 Ambode!
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by dkronicle(m): 7:11am On Apr 06, 2015
Oba suffering frm highness. Tell him his mad if thats the only thing his dumb brain could bring.. Him and his family will sink in ordinary gutter.
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by dkronicle(m): 7:13am On Apr 06, 2015
otuocha
SOUNDKING:
If the Oba really said that, then 1 word 4 him, may amadioha afflict him with amu ibi,size 50.
Oba suffering frm highness. Tell him his mad if thats the only thing his dumb brain could bring.. Him and his family will sink in ordinary gutter.
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by kettykin: 7:17am On Apr 06, 2015
My word for the Oba Akiolu is this, he whom the gods want to destroy they first make mad. 

What a billion Awolowo ,a trillion Obasanjo, and a zillion Benjamin Adekunle aka black scorpion could not archieve in their lifetime despite the support of Arewa, some niger delta tribe, Britain, Egypt, soviet union, the highly respected former DIG now Oba wants to archieve. 

Good luck Oba Akiolu!!!!
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by TeamSimple(m): 7:18am On Apr 06, 2015
01emek:

Oloshi,Lagos is a no man's land,why don't u ask an igbo ekwensu to come be the OBA of LAGOS. Or u av being deceived that lagos once had an IGWE instead of OBA. All your kings are Rags compared to Akiolu. Awon Alabosi.
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by 01emek(m): 7:27am On Apr 06, 2015
TeamSimple:

Oloshi,Lagos is a no man's land,why don't u ask an igbo ekwensu to come be the OBA of LAGOS. Or u av being deceived that lagos once had an IGWE instead of OBA. All your kings are Rags compared to Akiolu. Awon Alabosi.
do you realize that an igboman is representing lagos at the national assembly?
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by wordcat(m): 7:31am On Apr 06, 2015
In T.B Joshua's voice; I see one highly placed individual becoming a Bastard before 13th April 2015.
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by 01emek(m): 7:35am On Apr 06, 2015
kingthreat:

Keep deceiving yourselves. Yeebos are nothing but visitors here. The day we declare Odualand, that day you remember your exit to your Land of the rising sun. Nonsense. Even if Igbo land is laid waste like Somaliland, Lagos remains Yorubaland.
story for the gods, where were you when an igboman was elected would be representing lagos at the national assembly.
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by wordcat(m): 7:35am On Apr 06, 2015
ShakurM:
With this comment ;
If I were Igbo, I won't vote 4 Ambode. undecided

This Oba better no spoil plan 4 Ambode!

No Igboman will vote Ambode after reading this poo from the Oba.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 06, 2015
That is more reason why Jimi Agbaje will win.
Ambode should wait for his normal accounting position

Vote Jimi Agbaje!
Vote change!

1 Like

Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by ednut1(m): 7:37am On Apr 06, 2015
oba Akiolu shud sue all dis hungry newspapers nd teach dem a lesson
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by sinkhole: 7:50am On Apr 06, 2015
I first saw this report on Channel's newspaper review. But I think this is a propaganda, the Oba will still deny it tomorow.
For those saying Lagos is a no man's land because an Igbo man has been voted to office, there was a time an hausa man was voted/selected into office in Enugu, does that make Enugu a no man's land? Nigerians have been voted into offices in England and Europe in general, in America! Does that make all these places a no man's land? The chairs they have been voted to occupy is only for four years which is enough for the locals to have a serious rethink!
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by kingthreat(m): 8:02am On Apr 06, 2015
01emek:
story for the gods, where were you when an igboman was elected would be representing lagos at the national assembly.

We gave him an opportunity. Yorubas remain omoluabi till tomorrow. Unlike your biased people,you limit people from enjoying your lands while you troop into others.
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by flopriddy: 8:26am On Apr 06, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC)
governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr.
Akinwunmi ambode, has been hailed for the
extraordinary leadership qualities and uncanny
professionalism that stands him out as an
excellent public and private sector administrator,
the qualities which it claims make him best fit to
steer the ship of Lagos into further excellence.
ambode was the special guest of honour at a
lecture organised by the Ikeja District of the
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
(IDSICAN) on Sunday at the Sheraton Hotel in
Lagos.
ambode was the focal point of an academic
research titled: “The Effects of Leadership
Quality On Public Expenditure Management:
Evidence From Lagos State Treasury Under
Akinwunmi ambode as Accountant General,”
which was performed to decipher the skill-sets
with which he succeeded at shouldering the
financial responsibility of the nation’s largest
economy for a period of six years.
According to Professor Kabiru Isa Dandago, who
presented the research paper at the forum,
ambode proved to be anexemplary leader who
has mastered the art of exercising the principles
of leadership along the lines of accountability,
transparency and prudence.
“This study aims to explore the potentials of
quality leadership on public expenditure
management (PEM) towards a better life for the
citizenry. It specifically examines the effects of
leadership quality on PEM performance, using
the six-year tenure of ambode as the
Accountant General (AG) of Lagos State as the
focal point.
“In the comity of states in the Nigerian
federation, Lagos State has distinguished herself
as a state with distinct PEM credentials in the
six-year leadership of ambode as AG.”
It is, therefore, important to examine the
underlying leadership qualities of the AG of
Lagos State for the period under review
(2007-2012) and to highlight the lessons which
can be replicated elsewhere,” Professor
Dandago.
He, therefore, recommended that “Lagosians
should strive to exercise their right to vote a
professional that has exhibited concern and care
for them, long before showing interest in serving
as their chief accounting officer and chief
security officer. A vote for ambode is clearly a
vote for improving the lives of the present
generation of Lagosians and for laying solid
foundation for sustainable human well-being in
Lagos State and beyond.”
On the overall, the results revealed that
ambode’s leadership quality scores are
excellent, especially in his ability to break new
grounds, and his listening and resilience in
solving problems. He has a strong sense of
fairness and sense of judgment.
The ICAN President, Mr. Chidi Onyeukwu
Ajaegbu, further commended ambode and the
results presented by the study.
“With 19 qualities of leadership and 16 signs of
professionalism acumen that this study makes us
see in Akinwunmi ambode, it has proven beyond
doubt that accountants make the best leaders in
the world. Lagos is blessed to have him”’
Ajaegbu said.
Visibly humbled by the outcome and intent of
the research, a grateful ambode expressed his
commitment to use his experience and skills to
make Lagos even greater enumerating his plans
to create jobs, explore and expand the economy,
consolidate on security and cleanliness.
“Accuracy and Integrity remain my all-time
motto, and God helping me, I intend to employ
my experience to make Lagos State the envy of
all. I will make this institute proud.”
He reminded them of the limitless possibilities
that an APC government at the centre presents
to Lagos State, saying that, “What General
Muhammadu Buhari brings to the table is moral
leadership, and with a commitment to deliver on
our promises here in Lagos, we are set for
accelerated growth and development.”
Alhaji Aderemi Ismaila Bello, President, Lagos
Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI), also
shared in ambode’s optimism in the great
advantage posed by an APC federal presence,
but then stressed that Lagosians must vote for
the ambode and the APC candidates to make
that vision achievable.
Re: Vote For Ambode Or Perish Inside The Lagoon, Oba Akiolu Tells Igbos by quixotic: 8:32am On Apr 06, 2015
lets call it what it is.the oba just said there will be consequences for actions taken.and thats true. Ambo will likely win and if he does so without the igbo support, then the igbos shouldn't expect a soft landing.simple.true talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Case Of Witch Hunt: Buhari LIVE DeZiani Alone / Amaechi Will Be Screened & Confirmed On Tuesday – Sen. Ndume / Oil In The North And The Implications For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.