Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,307 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List (4347 Views)

Niger State Draws Buhari's Attention To Bida Basin / President Elect Buhari's Transition Team [Photo] / GMB And Tinubu Disagree On Ministers, Transition Team? - Believeafrica.net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by shift15(m): 9:05am On Apr 06, 2015
After a private meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan, the President-elect General Muhammadu Buhari may have constitute its transition team which will consist of politicians and private sector players.

Buhari’s transition team, which is expected to be announced soon is expected to commence work with the presidency after the governorship and state assembly elections to ensure will focus on the smooth handover from the Jonathan
administration to his administration to ensure continuity in governance.

Indication however emerged that the National leader of APC, Alhaji Bola Tinubu has drawn up the list of the transition team. A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), said he was aware that Buhari wants a good mix of politicians and private sector players as members, and would likely review the list of members already drawn up by former Lagos State Governor, Senator Bola Tinubu.

"I can tell you with certainty that the president-elect’s transition committee will comprise politicians and private sector members.

"We are also aware that Tinubu has drawn up a list on who he would like to see on the committee, but Buhari is likely to review the list,” he said.

The APC chieftain further disclosed that when the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation was set up in December, Tinubu appointed all the directors on the team until it was changed.

"You would recall that we had the likes of Dele Alake, a Tinubu loyalist, appointed as Communications Director and what have you, but he was dropped for Garba Shehu a few weeks later,” he said.

On Tinubu’s expectations on the transition committee and key ministerial posts in Buhari’s cabinet, the source who is of northern origin, said people close to Buhari are aware that Tinubu has zeroed in on who should be appointed to the Finance, Petroleum and Justices Ministries, among others, but would be hugely disappointed.

"We are aware that he wants to recommend the Deputy Managing Director of Oando Plc, Mr. Mofe Boyo, as Minister of Petroleum Resources; his former Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Wale Edu, as Minister of Finance; and someone else for the Ministry of Justice.

"But it is not clear what the final decision will be, as Buhari, though reticent and tends to keep things close to his chest, has to find the right balance between meeting the expectations of Tinubu, the five governors who defected from the PDP to APC, and members of Buhari’s team who have been with him during his 12-year quest for the presidency,” he revealed.

The source also confirmed that since Buhari’s victory at the presidential election, his residence in Abuja has been besieged by hundreds of well wishers and those seeking political appointments.

"They have been dropping their CVs with him. I am sure he has probably received over a thousand of them. But that is the nature of Nigerian politics,” he said.

However the President elect has been warned by close associates from the North against yielding too much to Tinubu’s demands, even though the latter was the prime mover behind the merger talks that led to the emergence of a virile opposition in the form of APC.

Their argument is that Buhari has already conceded the vice-presidential slot to Tinubu, and so the former Lagos governor should make his demands reasonable.

It was learnt that if the realignment of northern forces behind Buhari are not handled with tact, cracks are likely to emerge in the APC sooner rather than later.

http://believeafrica.net/tinubu-draws-buhari-transition-team-list-p468-114.htm
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by clemz88(m): 9:20am On Apr 06, 2015
That's good. Tinubu already acting as the president elect. Watching him n buhari in 7HD

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by omenka(m): 9:26am On Apr 06, 2015
Hahahahaha. Even during the period of campaigns leading up to elections, we didn't get this sort of torrential stream of propaganda from PDP. cheesycheesy

What is their problem sef?? Sore losers. grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 06, 2015
Pdp refuse to lay low in defeat.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 06, 2015
FFK and other PDP propaganda machinery are still much alive....

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by Sooroptimist1: 9:50am On Apr 06, 2015
What is it with these charlatans from PDP flying very spurious lies against Tinubu all day long even after being decimated in an election

Whoever that believes this piece of junk choose have his head examined

To think that the gullible will miss out on the fact that they always use very fictitious and discredited online blogs for their hatchet jobis the height of it

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by modath(f): 9:58am On Apr 06, 2015
OP,
You missed your true calling, nollywood needs you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by san316(m): 10:06am On Apr 06, 2015
No be only. Okay make Tinubu appoint all the ministers sef. As long as they will do well, shikenah.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by CyberWolf: 10:06am On Apr 06, 2015
Sure there is gonna be a crack between Tinubu and Buhari's boys...Nobody wants to be sidelined but if they tries such with Tinubu, then Buhari/APC is gone..
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by chamboy(m): 10:14am On Apr 06, 2015
Fee dee fee... paddle ur own canoe

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by codedguy1(m): 10:22am On Apr 06, 2015
Whether this story is true or not is immaterial, any reasonable person can deduce that something like this has a high tendency of happening.

Tinubu has been hailed as the mastermind of the downfall of GEJ's govt, but the truth is there are many factors that lead to the demise of PDP at the center. They include;

GEJ himself and the impunity in his govt.
His aides and their utterances like okupe, Abati, FFk, associates like Fayose and wife.
The merger and Buhari's cult following in the North and Yes
Tinubus' steadfastness.
The angry Electorate!

All these came together to work in Buhari's favour. If Buhari and Tinubu had remained with their separate parties they would have lost to GEJ.

The truth is Tinubu influence will have to be managed and he needs to realised that if he demands for something now and Buhari refuses, whether in transition team or ministerial list there is nothing he can do about it.

My fear is by the time Buhari is settled in govt say like in one years' time his northern brothers can influence him to substantially reduce Tinubus influence and that's why Tinubu will do everything possible to get his men in a lot of juicy positions early when he has the momentum on his side.

In all this sef, does Osinbajo not have any say?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by efilefun(m): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2015
lol tinubu this tinubu that.... cuz he was the architect of your failure doesnt mean you should spew trash about him

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by farem: 11:36am On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by eightsin(m): 11:51am On Apr 06, 2015
Story story!!

Story!
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by mogentle(m): 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by obaede: 12:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
Teacher for any subject and school bursar/
accountant
are needed. Please kindly submit your CV @
Pillars Private Secondary Schools, 27, Mary
Street, Irawo Bus-Stop, Mile 12- Ikorodu Road,
Lagos.
Enq: 0807 361 7207
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
Meanwhile

Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, has read the riot act to Igbo lead­ers and monarchs in Lagos State, warning that he will make life unbearable for them if they sabotage efforts being made to ensure that the governorship candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC) Mr. Akinwunmi Am­bode, emerges as the next governor of the state.

The monarch, who sum­moned all the Eze-Ndigbo in the state to his palace, said the support of their kensmen for the opposition party in the state could frustrate current ef­forts being made in all quarters to ensure that Lagos was no longer in opposition with the Federal Government.

He said: “On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against Ambode, who I picked, that is your end. If it does not happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it is not my father who gave birth to me.

“By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivid­ed chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future. On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die in­side this water.

“For the Igbo and others in Lagos, they should go where the Oba of Lagos heads to. When they were coming to the state, they did not come with all their houses. But now, they have properties in the state. So they must do my bidding. And that is the bidding of the ances­tors of Lagos and God.

“I am not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi is my blood relation and I told him that he could never be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God. I am not beg­ging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere you cannot do it here.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by majalisa(m): 12:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
codedguy1:
Whether this story is true or not is immaterial, any reasonable person can deduce that something like this has a high tendency of happening.

Tinubu has been hailed as the mastermind of the downfall of GEJ's govt, but the truth is there are many factors that lead to the demise of PDP at the center. They include;

GEJ himself and the impunity in his govt.
His aides and their utterances like okupe, Abati, FFk, associates like Fayose and wife.
The merger and Buhari's cult following in the North and Yes
Tinubus' steadfastness.
The angry Electorate!

All these came together to work in Buhari's favour. If Buhari and Tinubu had remained with their separate parties they would have lost to GEJ.

The truth is Tinubu influence will have to be managed and he needs to realised that if he demands for something now and Buhari refuses, whether in transition team or ministerial list there is nothing he can do about it.

My fear is by the time Buhari is settled in govt say like in one years' time his northern brothers can influence him to substantially reduce Tinubus influence and that's why Tinubu will do everything possible to get his men in a lot of juicy positions early when he has the momentum on his side.

In all this sef, does Osinbajo not have any say?
you have a logical head on a neck of foresight.osibanjo is tinubu's stooge.is hard to see that now but sooner or later time shall tell

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
Lies!!!

Even if it were true, wetin concern u?
Shebi if dem no do well, we go vote them out
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by Yemidaniels(m): 12:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
4 Bedroom duplex with all room en-suit and enough parking space. Off Osolo way, Ajao estate, airport road Lagos. Letting Price: #1.5 million per annum. 1 year accepted. Call Joseph 09050196756 .
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by kaboninc(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
That Oba of Lagos...

I pity am

Him think say na 1700 we dey.

Him no know say power dey the people hand.

Make the people decide Jimi....

And him cause trouble...

Then him go know say him na ordinary human being.

Dead ko, fusure ni!
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by annibro(f): 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
& wat is wrong if d list is made up of reasonable & responsible pple dat will move Naija 4wad? Eg likes of;
Fashola - Minista of FCT
Ameachi - Secretary 2 Fed Govt
Ngige(Dr) - Minister of Health
Tinubu - Minista of Petroleum resources
Rochas - Minista of In4mation
Oshiomole - Minister 4 works/ Transpot
Re: Tinubu Draws Buhari Transition Team List by emekanwokoye225: 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
APC is ready to bring the change we want in this nation.. Xo i say we give them a chance to0 do so... APC, CHANGE

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Oil Is For Niger Deltans Only,go And Find Your Own / No Planned Hike In Petrol Price At Our Retail Outlets, Says NNPC / Edo State Employs 400 Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.