Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

The Statement Of Oba Of Lagos On The Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Statement Of Oba Of Lagos On The Governorship Election (552 Views)

Wike Climbed Into The Governorship Seat Over Dead Bodies - Prof Itse Sagay / Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun / How The Governorship Elections Will Be Won And Lost - Premiumtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Statement Of Oba Of Lagos On The Governorship Election by dipo1234: 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Dear Umu Anioma in Lagos,

Our attention has been drawn to a newspaper article ( http://www.thisdaylive.com/…/vote-for-ambode-or-per…/206050/) and would like to set the record straight on the threats by the Oba of Lagos which we view as capable of causing a breach of public peace and can only be construed as a deliberate attempt by the All Progressive Congress (APC) to subvert the WILL of the people of Lagos through intimidation.

As a custodian of our Anioma culture myself, I can tell you that curses placed by such Traditional rulers who drag the Monarchy into the gutter can NEVER be potent.

I therefore call on ALL Umu Anioma and non-indigenes living in Lagos to remain law-abiding and go about their business without fear.

Furthermore, we have been assured by the Jimi Agbaje Campaign that they will file a formal complaint to the appropriate authorities concerning the threats by the Oba of Lagos on those perceived not to be voting for his preferred candidate.

In the words of Naomi Klein…

“Democracy is not just the right to vote, it is the right to live in dignity.”

On April 11, 2015 I call on all eligible voters in Lagos to come out without fear to ensure their voice is heard and demand to live in dignity by coming out to exercise their franchise which is guaranteed by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The utterance of this Traditional ruler is regrettable and inconsequential because JEHOVAH has the last say.

JEHOVAH BU EZE!!!

Ofu Obi Bu Ike Anyi

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!

Prince Emmanuel O. Ohai
Convener, Umu Anioma Worldwide
E-Mail: convener@UmuAnioma.com
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Lagos On The Governorship Election by Alexisu: 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
Military zone

Keep off.
Trespassers be warned

Meanwhile, Lemie go back and read it up
Re: The Statement Of Oba Of Lagos On The Governorship Election by DickDastardly(m): 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
dipo1234:
Dear Umu Anioma in Lagos,

Our attention has been drawn to a newspaper article ( http://www.thisdaylive.com/…/vote-for-ambode-or-per…/206050/) and would like to set the record straight on the threats by the Oba of Lagos which we view as capable of causing a breach of public peace and can only be construed as a deliberate attempt by the All Progressive Congress (APC) to subvert the WILL of the people of Lagos through intimidation.

As a custodian of our Anioma culture myself, I can tell you that curses placed by such Traditional rulers who drag the Monarchy into the gutter can NEVER be potent.

I therefore call on ALL Umu Anioma and non-indigenes living in Lagos to remain law-abiding and go about their business without fear.

Furthermore, we have been assured by the Jimi Agbaje Campaign that they will file a formal complaint to the appropriate authorities concerning the threats by the Oba of Lagos on those perceived not to be voting for his preferred candidate.

In the words of Naomi Klein…

“Democracy is not just the right to vote, it is the right to live in dignity.”

On April 11, 2015 I call on all eligible voters in Lagos to come out without fear to ensure their voice is heard and demand to live in dignity by coming out to exercise their franchise which is guaranteed by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The utterance of this Traditional ruler is regrettable and inconsequential because JEHOVAH has the last say.

JEHOVAH BU EZE!!!

Ofu Obi Bu Ike Anyi

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!

Prince Emmanuel O. Ohai
Convener, Umu Anioma Worldwide
E-Mail: convener@UmuAnioma.com
While the likes of Abdulsami Abubakar and others are fighting tooth and nail for a peaceful election, that Oba is busy fanning the embers of discord.
The words has left his mouth already, we will wait and see how it will go. We are watching

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Be The Change!!! / 55 Members Were Killed In Rivers And 5 Other Things The APC Wants You To Know / Ambode Casting His Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.