Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,401 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Report Oba Of Lagos To ICC For Genocide Threat Against Igbo Living In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Oba Of Lagos To ICC For Genocide Threat Against Igbo Living In Lagos (831 Views)

United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos / Quit Order: Igbo Living In North Relocate Wives, Children / Amnesty International drags Badeh, Ihejirika, others to ICC for War Crimes - AI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report Oba Of Lagos To ICC For Genocide Threat Against Igbo Living In Lagos by davim: 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
Igbo Lawyers Make Sure You Report Him
Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu has threatened Igbos in Lagos, saying any Ibo man or woman who fails to vote Lagos state APC governorship candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode as Governor in next Saturday’sgovernorship election will die within 7 days. According to Oba Akiolu, he owns Lagos and his bidding must be done by everyone in the state.

It was reported that Oba Akiolu gave out the threat when he met with Igbo leaders resident in Lagos at his Palace yesterday April 5th. “On Saturday, if any one of you goes against Ambode who I picked, that is your end. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and its not my father who gave birth to me.

"By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivided chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future. On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos state, the person is going to die inside this water.

"For the Igbos and others in Lagos, they should go where the Oba of Lagos heads to. When they were coming to the state, they didn’t come with all their houses. But now they have properties in the state. So they must do my bidding. And that is the bidding of the ancestors of Lagos and God. I am not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi is my blood relation and I told him that he can never be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere you can not do it here."
[url]http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/04/06/vote-ambode-or-you-will-die-oba-of-lagos-threatens-igbos-in-lagos/
[/url]
Re: Report Oba Of Lagos To ICC For Genocide Threat Against Igbo Living In Lagos by Fabdedon(m): 12:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
wahalie.. If nah u de tell dis kind talk.. You go fear..
Btw i better dont vote than put my life at risk joor..
Re: Report Oba Of Lagos To ICC For Genocide Threat Against Igbo Living In Lagos by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
A king displaying stupidity cause of politics.....he's just bragging like a mad dog.......

1 Like

Re: Report Oba Of Lagos To ICC For Genocide Threat Against Igbo Living In Lagos by vanunu: 2:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
I don't believe that he said this.
Re: Report Oba Of Lagos To ICC For Genocide Threat Against Igbo Living In Lagos by chax100(f): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
Gibberish. How on earth would an Oba condensend so low. He may be profiting from the corruption in the system. I know the Igbo people so well, they are a great people, industrious and independent thinkers. They are the true democrat, no amount of intimidation can break their will power, I know them as believers of a decentralized form of government. The so-called Oba has just shot himself on the foot. The Igbos should go out enmasse on April 11th and vote PDP. They should see this threat by the Oba as an acid-test, if they give in, subsequently, violence and intimidation will be their weapons upon the Igbo. God bless Ndi Igbo.
Re: Report Oba Of Lagos To ICC For Genocide Threat Against Igbo Living In Lagos by CharlesPhc: 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
Just what i told a friend after reading the threat. He must be taken to ICC, NHRC etc...!!! This is the height of Dictatorship and a slap on the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Oba should be dethroned. He is suppose to be apolitical and a father of all irrespective of tribe and ethnic backgroud. Just imagine the Obi of Onitsha issuing such statement against the Hausa's and Yoruba's in the South Eastern States
Re: Report Oba Of Lagos To ICC For Genocide Threat Against Igbo Living In Lagos by neenar: 4:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
And what was the reaction of the so-called 'ibo delegation,' when the statement was made? Only an evil man runs when no one chases. And oh, good luck with your ICC mission.

1 Like

Re: Report Oba Of Lagos To ICC For Genocide Threat Against Igbo Living In Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
K'ade pe l'ori, ki bata pe l'ese pe oba.

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Pays TY Danjuma A Private Visit Today (photos) / K1 Wants You To Vote Ambode As Governor Of Lagos (See Pix) / Diezani Allegedly Refunds $16million NNPC Stolen Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.