Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,552 members, 7,850,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:29 AM

See the Nigerian Teenager Making The country Proud Abroad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See the Nigerian Teenager Making The country Proud Abroad (1021 Views)

Adult Education: I Am Still Proud Of My Department Despite The Negative Comments / Teenager Loses Sight Over Teacher's Cane (photo) / Rector Of Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe Dies During Sex With Teenager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See the Nigerian Teenager Making The country Proud Abroad by absoluteSuccess: 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
A high school senior on Long Island has a big decision to make: He has been accepted to all 13 colleges he applied to, including all eight Ivy League schools.

On March 31, when the official college decisions were posted online, Harold Ekeh logged onto his computer in Elmont, New York. The 17-year-old was shocked to discover he was accepted to all eight Ivies, as well as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, New York University and SUNY Stony Brook.

North Carolina Teen Writes Rejection Letter to Duke University's Rejection Letter

MIT Releases Drone-Themed Admissions Video in Anticipation of Decision Day

His mother was with him when the great news came in.

"Everyone was so excited and surprised," he said. "The hard work paid off."

Ekeh's impressive high school resume spans from conducting scientific research, to starting a college prep mentoring program, to serving as editor-in-chief of the newspaper and vice president of Model United Nations.

But Ekeh's true passion is medicine. He says he plans to attend medical school and specialize in neurosurgery.

"I knew I wanted to go to a really good school that would allow me to get into a great medical school," he said.

Ekeh said he didn't have a certain college in mind until he visited Yale with his high school's Model United Nations team.

"I got to see how passionate people are at Yale," he said. "That skewed me to start leaning towards Yale in my junior year."

Wherever he ends up, Ekeh says he's looking forward to college courses that "spark my intellectual curiosity."

"And I want to learn things outside the classroom," he said. "I'm looking forward to hands-on internships and travel abroad opportunities."

"And definitely the student life," he added. "The new friends that I'll meet. I'm sure I'll meet long-lasting friends there."

So how will the high schooler make his big decision?

"I still have to make visits to other schools like Harvard, Princeton and MIT," he said today. "That's what I'll do in the upcoming weeks."

He has until May 1 to decide.

https://gma.yahoo.com/long-island-high-schooler-accepted-8-ivy-league-002836325--abc-news-topstories.html

Re: See the Nigerian Teenager Making The country Proud Abroad by ademega(m): 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
There are brains in this world
Re: See the Nigerian Teenager Making The country Proud Abroad by absoluteSuccess: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
ademega:
There are brains in this world

very many as the stars in the sky.
Re: See the Nigerian Teenager Making The country Proud Abroad by SirBlack999(m): 7:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
A high school senior on Long Island has a big decision to make: He has been accepted to all 13 colleges he applied to, including all eight Ivy League schools.

On March 31, when the official college decisions were posted online, Harold Ekeh logged onto his computer in Elmont, New York. The 17-year-old was shocked to discover he was accepted to all eight Ivies, as well as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Johns Hopkins, Vanderbilt, New York University and SUNY Stony Brook.

North Carolina Teen Writes Rejection Letter to Duke University's Rejection Letter

MIT Releases Drone-Themed Admissions Video in Anticipation of Decision Day

His mother was with him when the great news came in.

"Everyone was so excited and surprised," he said. "The hard work paid off."

Ekeh's impressive high school resume spans from conducting scientific research, to starting a college prep mentoring program, to serving as editor-in-chief of the newspaper and vice president of Model United Nations.

But Ekeh's true passion is medicine. He says he plans to attend medical school and specialize in neurosurgery.

"I knew I wanted to go to a really good school that would allow me to get into a great medical school," he said.

Ekeh said he didn't have a certain college in mind until he visited Yale with his high school's Model United Nations team.

"I got to see how passionate people are at Yale," he said. "That skewed me to start leaning towards Yale in my junior year."

Wherever he ends up, Ekeh says he's looking forward to college courses that "spark my intellectual curiosity."

"And I want to learn things outside the classroom," he said. "I'm looking forward to hands-on internships and travel abroad opportunities."

"And definitely the student life," he added. "The new friends that I'll meet. I'm sure I'll meet long-lasting friends there."

So how will the high schooler make his big decision?

"I still have to make visits to other schools like Harvard, Princeton and MIT," he said today. "That's what I'll do in the upcoming weeks."

He has until May 1 to decide.

https://gma.yahoo.com/long-island-high-schooler-accepted-8-ivy-league-002836325--abc-news-topstories.html
This boy looks 30.

1 Like

Re: See the Nigerian Teenager Making The country Proud Abroad by absoluteSuccess: 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
SirBlack999:
This boy looks 30.
Chush! McDonald's Burger and fries cheesy

1 Like

Re: See the Nigerian Teenager Making The country Proud Abroad by jascon1(m): 4:35am On Jun 29, 2015
This guy reminds me of my teenagehood lol. I just wished I took my eyes away from that skirt. cry cry cry
Re: See the Nigerian Teenager Making The country Proud Abroad by absoluteSuccess: 9:19am On Jul 28, 2015
jascon1:
This guy reminds me of my teenagehood lol. I just wished I took my eyes away from that skirt. cry cry cry
You can still make us proud.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University 2015/2016 Post- Utme,direct- Entry, Pre- Degree, / Madonna University Builds Longest/largest Exams Hall In Nigeria (photo) / UNN 2015/2016 MERIT LIST Is Out, For Admission Help, Call 08068652229

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.