Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made (3246 Views)

DJ Cuppy's Graduation Party More Expensive Than A Brand New Lamborghini!!!!! / 10 Most Fashionable Nigerian Female Radio Personalities [photos] / The 10 Most Influential Nigerian Musicians On The Social Media In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
Who doesn’t love a blockbuster movie? But a Blockbuster movie is not easily made. It requires a lot of financial and intellectual efforts and it’s no wonder why the most successful movies ever made are those that gulped down a lot of cash for production.

Here is a list of the top 10 most expensive movies ever made. Most of the budgets have been adjusted for inflation.

10. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Budget: $225 million

Box Office: $419.7 million

Rating: 6.6/10 The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian takes Number 10 on our countdown to the 10 most expensive movies ever made.

Synopsis: The Pevensie siblings return to Narnia, where they are enlisted to once again help ward off an evil king and restore the rightful heir to the land's throne, Prince Caspian (IMDB).

With a budget of $225 million The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian made a whopping $419.7 million in box office sales.

9. The Dark Knight Rises

Budget: $230 million

Box Office: $1.084 billion

Rating: 9.0/10 The Dark Knight Rises takes 9th place on our countdown to the 10 most expensive movies ever made.

Synopsis: When Bane, a former member of the League of Shadows, plans to continue the work of Ra's al Ghul, the Dark Knight is forced to return after an eight year absence to stop him.(IMDB).

With a budget of $230 million The Dark Knight Rises made a HUGE WHOPPING $1.084 billion in box office sales. I'm actually not surprised by how much money this film made considering the first two together made $375.205 billion.

8. Avatar

Budget: $237 million

Box Office: $2,787,965,087

Rating: 7.9/10 Avatar takes 8th place on our countdown to the 10 most expensive movies ever made.

Synopsis: A Paraplegic Marine dispatched to the moon Pandora on a unique mission becomes torn between following his orders and protecting the world he feels is his home (IMDB).

With a budget of $237 million Avatar brought in a whopping $2,787,965,087. In all honesty this movie wasn't so bad. It's not my favorite, the only time I'll watch it is when I'm extremely bored and have literally nothing to do.

7. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Budget: $250 million

Office Box: $934,416,487

Rating: 7.5/10 Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince takes 7th place on our countdown to the 10 most expensive movies ever made.

Synopsis: As Harry Potter begins his sixth year at Hogwarts, he discovers an old book marked as "the property of the Half-Blood Prince" and begins to learn more about Lord Voldemort's dark past (IMDB).

Me being a huge Harry Potter fanatic it doesn't surprise me on how well this film did. A BIG FAT WHOPPING $934,416,487.

6. The hobbit; The Battle of Five Armies

Budget:$250 million

Box Office: $806.2 million

Rating: 7.7/10 The Hobbit: The battle of the five armies takes 6th place on our countdown to the 10 most expensive movies ever made.

Synopsis: Bilbo and Company are forced to engage in a war against an array of combatants and keep the Lonely Mountain from falling into the hands of a rising darkness (IMDB).

I've never seen any of these movies but I'll tell you this, they look very interesting. I can tell people are in love with this trilogy because it made $806.2 million at the box office.

5. Spider-man 3

Budge[/b]t: $258 million

[b]Box Office
: $890,871,626

Rating: 6.2/10 Spider-Man 3 takes 5th place on our countdown to the 10 most expensive movies ever made.

Synopsis: A strange black entity from another world bonds with Peter Parker and causes inner turmoil as he contends with new villains, temptations, and revenge (IMDB).

Spider-Man 3 made a Whopping $890,871,626 at the box office. This film was as enjoyable as The Amazing Spider-Man.

4. Tangled

Budget: $260 million

Box Office: $591.8 million

Rating: 7.9/10 Tangled takes 4th place on our countdown to the 10 most expensive movies ever made.

Synopsis: The magically long-haired Rapunzel has spent her entire life in a tower, but now that a runaway thief has stumbled upon her, she is about to discover the world for the first time, and who she really is (IMDB).

I'm a HUGE Disney fan and this movie was one of my favorite films.

3. John Carter

Budget: $263.7 million

Box Office: $284.1 million

Rating: 6.6/10 John Carter takes 3rd place on our countdown to the 10 most expensive movies ever made.

Synopsis: Transported to Barsoom, a Civil War vet discovers a barren planet seemingly inhabited by 12-foot tall barbarians. Finding himself prisoner of these creatures, he escapes, only to encounter Woola and a princess in desperate need of a savior (IMDB).

Never seen it and won't ever see it. This movie doesn't even interest me.

2. Pirates of the Caribbean: At world's End 2007

Budget: $300 million

Box Office: $963.4 million

Rating: 7.1/10 Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End takes 2nd place on our countdown to the 10 most expensive movies ever made.

Synopsis: Captain Barbossa, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann must sail off the edge of the map, navigate treachery and betrayal, and make their final alliances for one last decisive battle (IMDB).

Two reasons why I actually watched the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy: 1. Johnny Depp was in it, and 2. It was made by DISNEY one of my favorite movie studios.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Budget:$378.5 million

Box Office: $1.046 billion

Rating: 6.7/10 Pirates of the Caribbean: On stranger Tides takes 1st place on our countdown to the 10 most expensive movies ever made.

Synopsis: Jack Sparrow and Barbossa embark on a quest to find the elusive fountain of youth, only to discover that Blackbeard and his daughter are after it too (IMDB).

Like I said in post number two, I only had two reasons why I watched the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.

SOURCES http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_films

Image Courtesy http://realbusinessgist.com/the-10-most-expensive-movies-ever-made/

Article Source http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/01/23/the-10-most-expensive-movies-ever-made-2610671?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by fergiiosugo(m): 5:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
Still waiting for next part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by temitemi1(m): 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
The eleven...
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by deji47: 5:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
I enjoyed the film John Carter surprised it bearly broke even at the box office. For Avatar no surprise there as it is also the highest grossing film of all time.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by crazygod(m): 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
I think Titanic should have a favourable mention too. I heard a fortune was spent in making that movie
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
I Have A Feeling This is going to the homepage . .after how many minute of editing . .continue sipping my trophy
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
I Think Have seen All the Movies Except Tangled And John Carter . . .lool . . My Pc Na Cinema On It own . .1000 Hollywood Movies and Counting cool
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
In Jack's voice I think we are heading to front page from here
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by angelTI(f): 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
I need to watch films once in a while.. Can't say if i have watched any
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by Pebcak: 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
What of
"Ika lomo ejo"
"Eran Iya Oshogbo"
"Omo araye le"

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by Pebcak: 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Where's osuofia in london?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
Lool . THE most Expensive Nigerian Movie Ever Made Is AY's 30 Dsys in Atlanta . Tho its one Boring Comedy Movie For Me cry
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
cc: seun lalasticlala ishilove
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Movies Ever Made by Jaycool18(m): 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
fergiiosugo:
Still waiting for next part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
u might have to Wait a little longer cos the next part is scheduled for 2017 'pirates of the Caribbean 5:dead men tell no tales '

(1) (Reply)

(18+) 10 Hot Pics That Will Spice Up Your Night / Is This The Best Selfie Taken Ever?? {photo} / Photo: Meet The 6 Most Humble 9JA Celebrities – Number 3 Is A Shy Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.