Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? (1055 Views)

DNA Test For Igbos: Rival Jewish Outreach Groups Feud Over / "Reported Release Of Kabiru Sokoto: Hatred For President Buhari Taken Too Far" / Oba Is Right, APC Can Make Life Unbearable For Igbos In Lagos - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? by Vesuvius(m): 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
I have to open this thread to serve as a sequel to the prequel from my fellow Yoruba brothers nay Igbo antagonists. See, this country called Nigeria has always been, and is still said to belong to all of us. In the light of that, I make bold to say am happy that people from other ethnic groups could win elections in Lagos, what better way to buttress home the national belief! Pray, wait. Amidst the celebrations, I hear some murmurings that "Lagos is a Yoruba state"........."Igbos are trying to lord it over the Yorubas and take over Lagos.

Nigeria belongs to all of us. After the civil war, the Igbos were encouraged to reconcile with other tribes all under the slogan of "no victor, no vanquished". To this end, I plead with my Yoruba brothers to sheath their swords and stop the alarm against the Igbos. Calls us what you may but, you can never call us inhospitable or the worst tribalists. I chose my words carefully here because, I know that every Nigerian has that element of tribalism in them. But the Igboman's hardly comes up unnecessary. If at all it comes up, his opposite must have stoked up the flames first. From my observations of all ethnic groups in Nigeria, I realize that the Igbos are quicker than others in learning other's languages. We all know one has to love a language before they learn it. This really goes a long way to explain the Igboman's detribalized nature. I schooled in the north, has lived in the west and is presently in the east, Imo state to be precise. I speak Igbo, Hausa fluently.

From the foregoing, I do not say that the Igbo tribe is perfect but I want to make it clear that the Igbos find it easy to mix more that any other tribe in Nigeria. I have many Yoruba friends who used to be afraid of the Igbos but due to their NYSC postings to Igboland, they are now better informed. Many of them have even married from Igboland. So many examples abound to this end. But just to cut a long story short, pls live and let live. Jimi Agbaje for Lagos, 2015!!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? by Fabdedon(m): 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
One love keep us together..

1 Like

Re: Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? by akins56(m): 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
Igbo's don't love us either, as far as am concerned they must not sabotage the yoruba interest ! Or else ! The northern treatment awaits them !

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? by ChristyG(f): 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
Vesuvius:
I have to open this thread to serve as a sequel to the prequel from my fel Yoruba brothers nay Igbo antagonists. See, this country called Nigeria has always been, and is still said to belong to all of us. In the light of that, I make bold to say am happy that people from other ethnic groups could win elections in Lagos, what better way to buttress home the national belief! Pray, wait. Amidst the celebrations, I hear some murmurings that "Lagos is a Yoruba state"........."Igbos are trying to lord it over the Yorubaa and take over Lagos.

Nigeria belongs to all of us. After the civil war, the Igbos were encouraged to reconcile with other tribes all under the slogan of "no victor, no vanquished". To this end, I plead with my Yoruba brothers to sheath their swords and stop the alarm against the Igbos. Calls us what you may but, you can never call us inhospitable or the worst tribalists. I chose my words carefully here because, I know that every Nigerian has that element of tribalism in them. But the Igboman's hardly comes up unnecessary. If at all it comes up, his opposite must have stoked up the flames first. From my observations of all ethnic groups in Nigeria, I realize that the Igbos are quicker than others in learning other's languages. We all know one has to love a language before they learn it. This really goes a long way to explain the Igboman's detribalized nature. I schooled in the north, has lived in the west and is presently in the east, Imo state to be precise. I speak Igbo, Hausa fluently.

From the foregoing, I do not say that the Igbo tribe is perfect but I want to make it clear that the Igbos find it easy to mix more that any other tribe in Nigeria. I have many Yoruba friends who used to be afraid of the Igbos but due to their NYSC postings to Igboland, they are now better informed. Many of them have even married from Igboland. Some many examples abound to this end. But just to cut a long story short, pls live and let live. Jimi Agbaje for Lagos, 2015!!
tell that to ur useless kinsmen who started the hate game dumbo,ibos speaking another language those not remove the hate he has for yoruba,so spare us all that detribalised bullsh1t,they cannot be detribalised and be shouting biafra..ibo should first remove its hate for others and stop playing the victim card when they are as guilty as those they are accusing of.charity begins at home,tell that to ibo folks who have been carrying hatred for others since 1966 before coming here to preach sh1t to yorubas

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? by Vesuvius(m): 7:25am On Apr 07, 2015
ChristyG:
tell that to ur useless kinsmen who started the hate game dumbo,ibos speaking another language those not remove the hate he has for yoruba,so spare us all that detribalised bullsh1t,they cannot be detribalised and be shouting biafra..ibo should first remove its hate for others and stop playing the victim card when they are as guilty as those they are accusing of.charity begins at home,tell that to ibo folks who have been carrying hatred for others since 1966 before coming here to preach sh1t to yorubas
I chose to believe you are just like a kid sister to me hence I won't join issues with you cos that would be way above your head.....I don't even understand what you are saying. NEXT TIME TRY TAKING YOUR HALLUCINOGEN BEFORE TYPING IN A PUBLIC FORUM; your seizures no be here ooo.
Re: Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? by Vesuvius(m): 7:30am On Apr 07, 2015
akins56:
Igbo's don't love us either, as far as am concerned they must not sabotage the yoruba interest ! Or else ! The northern treatment awaits them !
My dear how do you hope to mete out the northern treatment? This is 2015 oo. Brace up son, Igbos are here to stay. All these little boys that have never set foot outside their parents house be issuing threats.......chaii. Make una no let my Yoruba homeboys and in-laws catch una ooo. .....LOL.
Re: Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? by ba7man(m): 7:38am On Apr 07, 2015
Hatred for the Igbos They live, multiply and do business in our midst.

If we hated them, we would have shown it a long time ago.

You can't thrive in an environment where you're hated.

Vote Ambode/APC for a prosperous Lagos.
Re: Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? by BlackTechnology: 7:42am On Apr 07, 2015
akins56:

Why not post your pic and contact

Start it now

When is Buhari probing Tinubu and OBJ grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? by chamboy(m): 7:46am On Apr 07, 2015
Op, Igbos Enjoys the Hospitality of Yoruba than any other Tribe. It's only in Yorubaland, You hear an igboman having Chieftainship title.
If u analyse things well, u would see the percentage of Yoruba Men marrying Igbos women is higher than Igbo men marrying Yoruba women
Only in Yorubaland, u hear igbos win Political Post.

I think the rants of Oba Akiolu was about Igbos too giving Other Tribes (Yoruba, Hausa) opportunities in their Land.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas!! Quit The Hatred For Igbos?? by realjoker(m): 8:31am On Apr 07, 2015
enough of all this shit thread flooding nl.

if you fill being hate by the yorubas in southwest then try and relocate to north then you will know you are living in heaven.
can you dare try all this poo in north

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Youths Attack Christians In Southern Kaduna, 20 Killed. / The Reality Of Hatred Of Igbo For Yoruba And Vice Versa / Fayose Has Finally Won The Impeachment Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.