Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,496 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech (877 Views)

Rehabilitation, Reconstruction And Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / A Different Perspective At Oba Of Lagos Speech To Igbo / Critical Analysis Of Some Of Janathan's Lagos Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech by kubumilano(m): 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Having watch the video of rilwan akiolu statement on the igbos I feel sorry for the igbo nation for our stupidity...in the video Igbo Chief including eze gordian who I visibly saw was laughing and clapping even saying amen to the speech..all this for money,power,and influence..I am APC but the igbos need to stop dis insult,we should not see it as an apc affair atall because ambode has already distant himself from the statement,my question is what made the igbo chiefs to visit oba of lagos,just because of money..chai...God help us..Igbos need to stop dis insult and its not by voting pdp,its not atall,because apc in lagos has an igbo commisioner who is being tipped for the minister of finance,and other juicy position in tinubu/fashola cabinet and LG's in Lagos state,all we need to do is threaten the oba and disturb the entire lagos because this insult is too much...Igbos be wise...our political instabilty is our problem,from pdp to apc,from apc to pdp all for power,and money...Front page pls
Re: A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech by illiad: 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
Please this oba of lagos is not the first king to go mad, so I don't see why we should allow his madness take over our business.

Surely it is oba akiolu's family and generations that would be drowned in the lagoon.

Igbos are not the first tribe to sojourn in other peoples land and if the yorubas feel its time to renegotiate nigeria let them start the war and let the mad king lead from front.

We will vote for Jimi and pdp and the madman can hang himself.
Re: A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech by missbehave247(m): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Your opinion is noted

This land is not for sale
Re: A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech by kingofpool: 11:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
illiad:

Ok
ok
Re: A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech by deriod(m): 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
Bros stop campaigning,I want u to understand dis is not about political party ,the king insulted every nigerian that believe in democracy.I'm Yoruba & I think oba Akinolu took it too far ,every citizen is entitled to his/her opinion,he's going about issuing death threat to a whole tribe becos of personal gains .
Re: A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech by kubumilano(m): 11:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
deriod:
Bros stop campaigning,I want u to understand dis is not about political party ,the king insulted every nigerian that believe in democracy.I'm Yoruba & I think oba Akinolu took it too far ,every citizen is entitled to his/her opinion,he's going about issuing death threat to a whole tribe becos of personal gains .
noted bros,I am not campaining but after watching the video I realized that oba akinolu wants a tribal war not a political war
Re: A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
I watched the video and I know it was a joke... he didnt mean it the way folks are taking it..... from his demeanour I could tell he is a proud person..... that aside, I feel its just a harmless statement.
People in position of power should know and act better

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech by kubumilano(m): 11:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
illiad:
Please this oba of lagos is not the first king to go mad, so I don't see why we should allow his madness take over our business.

Surely it is oba akiolu's family and generations that would be drowned in the lagoon.

Igbos are not the first tribe to sojourn in other peoples land and if the yorubas feel its time to renegotiate nigeria let them start the war and let the mad king lead from front.

We will vote for Jimi and pdp and the madman can hang himself.
bro,the igbos has miscalculated enough that denied us the senate presidency,we should not cost ourself more trouble,we should tamper justice with caution,and leave politics out of this because the oba only wants to hide under the political umbrella..this is more of a tribal war
Re: A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
The Oba of Lagos has made his position on the Lagos gubernatorial election loud and clear. He has communicated that the gods, the ancestors, the palace, the elders and the people of the land have chosen Ambode and any sabotage will be a call to chaos. Simple as ABC!
I have noticed noise making and tantrum throwing by igbos in reaction to his clear message and I just want to tell y'all that anybody that is not comfortable with the choice of the people of the land can go back to his village.
Don't come and tell us that you control the economy of Lagos because economies are not controlled by selling spare parts, substandard phone accessories and fake drugs. Dangote's investment alone superceeds all Igbo businesses in Lagos and to be very clear , you all constitute a burden to Lagos as you put unnecessary pressure on its social amenities and physical infrastructures without contributing anything meaningful.
Once again, if you are not comfortable with the Oba's instruction, enter the next bus to Aba!!!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Opinion On Oba Of Lagos Speech by illiad: 12:16am On Apr 07, 2015
kubumilano:
bro,the igbos has miscalculated enough that denied us the senate presidency,we should not cost ourself more trouble,we should tamper justice with caution,and leave politics out of this because the oba only wants to hide under the political umbrella..this is more of a tribal war

So you think being a senate president is what we deserve in nigeria? What exactly will we get by being senate president? Has David mark being the senate president for years stopped HausaFulani herdsmen from murdering his people?

To your baby mind we have miscalculated because we didn't all join buhari like the yorubas did? So we too don't deserve to rule abi?

(1) (Reply)

Mr. Jimi Kolawole Agbaje, ‘the Jk We Know But We Can't Trust’ / Has The APC Shot Itself In The Foot Before The April 11th 2015 Elections? / Use Dollars For Local Transactions, Go To Jail – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.