Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Transcript Of Oba Akiolu Speech To The Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of Oba Akiolu Speech To The Igbos (988 Views)

Gov Wike's Horror Speech To His Opponents In The Upcoming Rivers Election(video) / Linda Ikeji Readers Views On Toke Makinwa Instagram Post About Oba Akiolu Speech / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transcript Of Oba Akiolu Speech To The Igbos by capip120(m): 12:11am On Apr 07, 2015
A visibly angry Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, in an unconcealed threat, stated that he was not ready to beg the Igbos, but if they repeated what they did on March 28 when they voted for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), President Goodluck Jonathan, then they should be ready for the consequences.

The governorship elections are scheduled to hold on Saturday, and it is believed that Igbo residents in Lagos will vote for the PDP candidate, Jimi Agbaje, just like they did during the presidential and National Assembly elections that led to the victory of PDP candidates of Igbo origin and from Delta State in three federal constituencies in Lagos.

Speaking at a meeting with Igbo leaders in the state, according to an online news medium, Freedom Online, the first class monarch, who failed to recognise the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos, said:

By the time all of you gets to your hemlet, your villages, mistakenly one of you goes against the Ambode I picked, that is your end. (standing up now) "I swear in the name of Almighty Allah if any one of you goes against my wish that, Ambode insha allahu will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.

“I’m not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi (Agbaje) is my blood relation and I told him that he can never be governor of Lagos for now. Future belongs to God.

Am not begging anybody to vote... what you people cannot do in onitsha, what you people cannot do in Aba or anywhere... “If you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you. If you go against my wish, you will perish in the water.”
Finish.
Now what a monarch?
Is this the kind of democracy we want?
Nigerians be wise and vote for the right candidate.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Oba Akiolu Speech To The Igbos by SeverusSnape(m): 12:14am On Apr 07, 2015
Akiolu is a fool!
If I were an Igbo residing in Lagos, that would spur me further to vote Agbaje, Stupid Oba.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of Oba Akiolu Speech To The Igbos by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 07, 2015
God bless President GEJ. Many cannot withstand what he withstood (all the insults and bashing) but still calm in all. Such a calm spirit is rare. Reacting in anger may cause anyone's downfall. Let's shun violence in all areas of our daily endeavour. God bless Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/2229678/apology-poor-network

(1) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic Unveils First Phase Development Plan / South-south, South-east Governoship Results(unofficial) / Drop Your Ambitions, Ex-ijaw Youth Leader Tells Alamieyeseigha, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.