Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,767 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC (1421 Views)

I Strongly Condemn The Killing Of Unarmed IPOB Members- Ben Murray-bruce / Pat Utomi Defends Oba Akinolu, Says His Words Were Only A Joke / "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by ba7man(m): 6:59am On Apr 07, 2015
With the recent uproar over the recent statement of the Oba of Lagos, its wrong from both sides of the divide and its a statement that stands to further divide our unity as Nigerians. I strongly condemn it and its against what the Yoruba race stands for.

Concerning how that will affect my vote, I will still vote APC. Lagos State for the first time in 16yrs has a chance of being alligned with the FG and this is an opportunity not to be missed.

The State had to resort to heavy handed taxation and borrowing to survive and boost its economy during its opposition status due to the lack of support from the center of Power but the state was still able to come up with some of the most ambitious projects in the Country.

Picture a Lagos in line with the FG and visualize all the projects possible which will benefit all. There will finally be no opposition of projects in Lagos from the center or withdrawal of funds and the state can grow at a faster rate to the benefit of all.

If it falls into opposition hands (They merely see it as compensation for loosing out at the center and a source of funds to keep their party afloat), we, the citizens will still be the ones to suffer it because there will be disagreements and that's the bane of development.

I will vote APC, I will vote Ambode.

5 Likes

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by praxisnetworks: 7:00am On Apr 07, 2015
angry I cannot condemn Akiolu's statement but I can only disagree with the purported statement....

Yes I will vote APC
I will Vote Ambode!

3 Likes

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by bewla(m): 7:01am On Apr 07, 2015
No matter what i stand by my king if the igbo fill they are treating or cos let them do the right thing
u can not come in to some one home and challenge him to fight
now they say lagos is no mans land very soon u will claim oyo ogun and ondo ekiti is also no man land
if u are born eat drink whit hausa or igbo man in is land does that make u one of them if u challenge the or provoke them u no the rest .
stop this nonsense just go out on Saturday vote who u like
pls and pls stop the insult on the king
and if u believe in the spirit of the land and u think his cox can drive u in to the lagoon dont go to island stay in your mainland .

5 Likes

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by ELTON123(m): 7:01am On Apr 07, 2015
F***k u all
Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by WisdomFlakes: 7:04am On Apr 07, 2015
Notwithstanding Akiolu's gaffe, Lagos cannot be allowed to become a consolation prize for the PDP. No more opposition role for Lagos. The SS/SE will play that part. "Anything less would be uncivilized"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by ba7man(m): 7:14am On Apr 07, 2015
ELTON123:
F***k u all
Do u know how daft you look in your profile pix??

4 Likes

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by Mynd44: 7:16am On Apr 07, 2015
The truth is this, Oba Akinoku made a dumb comment but did he speak for all resident of Lagos of Yoruba descent? Of course not.

If one man makes an individual comment let him handle his comment and let life continue biko. If you want to use the Oba's words to turn this into a tribal war, have fun. I have my popcorn and fanta at hand

"I am one black man, I can not be held responsible for the actions(words) of every other black man"
~ Tupac

4 Likes

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by ba7man(m): 7:22am On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:
The truth is this, Oba Akinoku made a dumb comment but did he speak for all resident of Lagos of Yoruba descent? Of course not.

If one man makes an individual comment let him handle his comment and let life continue biko. If you want to use the Oba's words to turn this into a tribal war, have fun. I have my popcorn and fanta at hand

~ Tupac
Some people don't mind cutting off their nose to spite their face.
........Just to prove a point to their face.

1 Like

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by omenka(m): 7:28am On Apr 07, 2015
ba7man:
Do u know how daft you look in your profile pix??
You can imagine the kind of kids that insult people around here sometimes. Just look at the Wizkid wannabe.

Smh.

Just as someone up there said, the Oba's statement is utterly condemnable, but Lagos must not go to the incoming opposition party. If PDP needs a consolation price, they can have Bakassi.

2 Likes

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by ba7man(m): 7:31am On Apr 07, 2015
omenka:
You can imagine the kind of kids that insult people around here sometimes. Just look at the Wizkid wannabe.

Smh.

Just as someone up there said, the Oba's statement is utterly condemnable, but Lagos must not go to the incoming opposition party. If PDP needs a consolation price, they can have Bakassi.
seriously, that Party needs to be buried.

But if some of these Igbo folks love them so much, they should vote them into their south eastern states........I really pity what would become of them if PDP looses.

2 Likes

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by neenar: 7:36am On Apr 07, 2015
The oba's statement is indeed disgraceful, but we all know most igbos still wouldn't have voted for Ambode even without the oba's diatribe.

3 Likes

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by Texcoco(m): 7:37am On Apr 07, 2015
Looking at the close margin APC won lagos for Buhari,it will be safe to conclude this could go either way,thanks to basket mouths like Akiolu we can go on limb and say the odds greatly favour Jimi whether you vote or not....

2 Likes

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by omenka(m): 7:40am On Apr 07, 2015
ba7man:
seriously, that Party needs to be buried.

But if some of these Igbo folks love them so much, they should vote them into their south eastern states........I really pity what would become of them if PDP looses.
They tried the gambit at the presidential poll, it boomeranged big time. So shall it be this time as well.

How hard is it for one to learn a lesson
Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by WisdomFlakes: 7:41am On Apr 07, 2015
neenar:
The oba's statement is indeed disgraceful, but we all know most igbos still wouldn't have voted for Ambode even without the oba's diatribe.

That is the nak.ed truth. By and large, they have always expressed their preference for Agbaje/PDP anyway.
Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2015
Oba Akiolu spoke out of line for a king. A noble mind should address issues with wisdom. However, one can sense his desperation in these sensitive times, and no king of any kingdom (even the Igbo kings) wouldn't have done likewise or even worse.

Yorubas have an adage that says awolumate o mowon ara re meaning a stranger who doesn't enter into trouble in a strange land, knows and respects his bounds. This is why you'll never hear of yorubas defiance in another land.

I am if the opinion that the Igbo should thread very carefully, no matter what you say, Lagos is the Yoruba's - and if things get too heated up we will know who owns the land. Yoruba have been tagged the most cowardly in Nigeria, this isn't true when war finally starts. You can ask the hausas in sagamu what happened in 1999.

Even jimi agbaje needs to watch it dearly not to be exiled.

YOU CAN NEVER WIN THE WAR WITH ANOTHER MAN ON HIS OWN LAND

2 Likes

Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by ba7man(m): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2015
omenka:
They tried the gambit at the presidential poll, it boomeranged big time. So shall it be this time as well.

How hard is it for one to learn a lesson
Saturday is here already.

I'm sharpening my PVC to use it once more to stab PDP.

APC needs an opposition of better quality than what PDP brings to the table.
Re: I Condemn The Statement Of Oba Akinolu.....but I Will Still Vote APC by bewla(m): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2015
No matter what i stand by my king if the igbo fill
they are treating or cos let them do the right thing
u can not come in to some one home and
challenge him to fight
now they say lagos is no mans land very soon u
will claim oyo ogun and ondo ekiti is also no man
land
if u are born eat drink whit hausa or igbo man in is
land does that make u one of them if u challenge
the or provoke them u no the rest .
stop this nonsense just go out on Saturday vote
who u like
pls and pls stop the insult on the king
and if u believe in the spirit of the land and u think
his cox can drive u in to the lagoon dont go to
island stay in your mainland .

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Message To Wike From Progressive Northern Community In Rivers State / Is Blackberry Q10 An Android? / Former Governor Of Benue State Gabriel Suswam Arrested In London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.