Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters (1118 Views)

Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Nigerians Blast Oba Akiolu Over Threat To Igbos In Lagos - See Tweets / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by generaliy07(m): 7:33am On Apr 07, 2015
Should we cut off the nose to spite the head?

Since we all have agreed that Oba Akiolu went
way too far with his threat, it is right time we
move on with the real issues.

What I expect us to discuss in times like this is
"WHO IS THE BETTER CANDIDATE?", who is more vast in leadership, who can lead Lagos better?

If you go out and vote on Saturday just because you want to punish the Oba and not because your conscience knows JK is the right choice, then your folly is of monumental proportion

If you vote for Ambode because your Oba wants him, or because you feel its the right way to tell Igbos that Lagos indeed is NOT a no man's land, and not for his leadership qualities, you're nothing but a clue-less bigot

My point is this, whoever you vote for, make sure its the person your sense of reasoning (I'm sure you have one) finds the better of the duo

Word is, either JK or AA, Oba Akiolu can NEVER
suffer hunger, he is a first class Oba already!, the people should therefore ignore him and make the right choice, if you vote JK to spite Akinolu, and JK turns around to mess your biz, Akin go still dey enjoy for palace o, and if you vote Ambode to make an "igbos don't own Lagos statement", and he turns out to make policies that will run you out of business, your yeye will smell to the highest heavens

By the way, do you all remember Agbaje is the king's cousin? What if this is a calculated attempt to gain him some sympathy votes?, what if the Oba is playing a chess game with our emotions?

DO NOT VOTE WITH YOUR BRAIN IN SLEEP-MODE

4 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by Mynd44: 7:35am On Apr 07, 2015
Please, the Oba of Lagos is not a "First Class Chief" who dash am first class? He is second class.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by 76Naira(m): 7:45am On Apr 07, 2015
OP, are you talking to your kids?
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by generaliy07(m): 8:17am On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:
Please, the Oba of Lagos is not a "First Class Chief" who dash am first class? He is second class.

Well, I don't know, but as far as Lagos is concerned, he's a first class king. Thanks for the correction anyway.
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by generaliy07(m): 8:19am On Apr 07, 2015
76Naira:
OP, are you talking to your kids?

No sir

Any more question(s)?
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:

i am ashamed this is coming from you. The people respect their obas before any political government. Ask the Edos. Go to iran, the sheik is the main man. the president is just a puppet.
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by generaliy07(m): 8:20am On Apr 07, 2015
Cc:

Lalastica

Seun

Kindly do the needed,biko, Regards
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 07, 2015
generaliy07:
Should we cut off the nose to spite the head?

Since we all have agreed that Oba Akiolu went
way too far with his threat, it is right time we
move on with the real issues.

What I expect us to discuss in times like this is
"WHO IS THE BETTER CANDIDATE?", who is more vast in leadership, who can lead Lagos better?

If you go out and vote on Saturday just because you want to punish the Oba and not because your conscience knows JK is the right choice, then your folly is of monumental proportion

If you vote for Ambode because your Oba wants him, or because you feel its the right way to tell Igbos that Lagos indeed is NOT a no man's land, and not for his leadership qualities, you're nothing but a clue-less bigot

My point is this, whoever you vote for, make sure its the person your sense of reasoning (I'm sure you have one) finds the better of the duo

Word is, either JK or AA, Oba Akiolu can NEVER
suffer hunger, he is a first class Oba already!, the people should therefore ignore him and make the right choice, if you vote JK to spite Akinolu, and JK turns around to mess your biz, Akin go still dey enjoy for palace o, and if you vote Ambode to make an "igbos don't own Lagos statement", and he turns out to make policies that will run you out of business, your yeye will smell to the highest heavens

By the way, do you all remember Agbaje is the king's cousin? What if this is a calculated attempt to gain him some sympathy votes?, what if the Oba is playing a chess game with our emotions?

DO NOT VOTE WITH YOUR BRAIN IN SLEEP-MODE

this has gone more than mere elections. it's now a matter of ownership determination.
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by eagleeye2: 8:21am On Apr 07, 2015
JK is still a better candidate, than that puppet Ambode.
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2015
The bottom line of this thread is that,whoever you want to vote for just make sure you vote for the right candidate,don't vote for a candidate just because you want to challenge the oba or so,vote with your conscience,One of the best threads have seen on nairaland,many people need to learn from this but pathetically some people will not just learn...if you vote for the wrong candidate because you feel that is the best way to get back at the oba trust me you will be the one to suffer for it because when you suffer in lagos the oba can travel out from the country anytime he wants and you and your family will be here in lagos suffering,just like the op said what about if the oba and agbaje are playing tricks with the minds of some gullible people??was it not the same oba that claimed he endorsed jonathan and later denied him after he discovered that jonathan might loose the election..
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2015
eagleeye2:

JK is a bigger puppet to GEJ and bode george. And now that GEJ is now jobless...smh angry
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by WisdomFlakes: 8:28am On Apr 07, 2015
eagleeye2:

Yeah, same way GEJ was a better candidate than Buhari. But we all know how that ended. undecided Ambode will still beat your "better" candidate.
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by Mynd44: 8:30am On Apr 07, 2015
shachris:

i am ashamed this is coming from you. The people respect their obas before any political government. Ask the Edos. Go to iran, the sheik is the main man. the president is just a puppet.
Are we in Iran undecided
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Are we in Iran undecided

we are not, but they practice democracy too. respect for traditional heads should be supreme. Democracy come and goes but the traditional seats remain.

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by Theofficialseun: 8:45am On Apr 07, 2015
So you people are still on this matter opposing rubbish about what the oba Akiolu said.....I must comment that you people are unbelieveable, I know the oba of lagos can NEVER stoop so low to say something like that, and if he did then he actually did, it is probably a crooky plan from the PDP to win this election which is IMPOSSIBLE, then if lagosians try to fall for this then we've fallen for everything because this is our FUTURE!!!!!

A word is enough for the wise, shine ur eyes!!!!!

#VOTEAPC
#VOTEPROGRESS
Vote Ambode

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by generaliy07(m): 8:46am On Apr 07, 2015
wakacome:
The bottom line of this thread is that,whoever you want to vote for just make sure you vote for the right candidate,don't vote for a candidate just because you want to challenge the oba or so,vote with your conscience,One of the best threads have seen on nairaland,many people need to learn from this but pathetically some people will not just learn...if you vote for the wrong candidate because you feel that is the best way to get back at the oba trust me you will be the one to suffer for it because when you suffer in lagos the oba can travel out from the country anytime he wants and you and your family will be here in lagos suffering,just like the op said what about if the oba and agbaje are playing tricks with the minds of some gullible people??was it not the same oba that claimed he endorsed jonathan and later denied him after he discovered that jonathan might loose the election..

Gbam!, God bless you, you've simplified my message
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by AbetterLagos: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2015
The Oba was independent in his opinion and it is obvious to us all that the APC doesn't support tribalism.

People, remember that ACN (a western party) merged with CPC (a northern party) to form APC. We need to unite as one and show the world that we are one.

Lagos State is home for all ethnicities, and even our longest serving commissioner Ben Akabueze is an Ibo man to the core. What is important is that we all stick together as Nigerians.

Vote Akinwunmi Ambode as Governor of Lagos State. Your vote should be based on a man's competence and ability to lead a state and it's inhabitants. And Ambode over time has proven his dedication to service of this great state.

Oba Akiolu is one man, and in spite of his megalomania, has only one vote.

EKO O NI BAJE.
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by shewenzy: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2015
Hmmmmmm Well planned, but it can't work am sorry!!!! Ambode is our man, APC is going in because we want progress and contuinity in the good works Fashola has done, no turning back lagosians, we can all make this work out by Voting Akinwunmi Ambode for Governor of Lagos state on saturday, lets make a discision that we will all benefit from which is APC for Lagos state.

Eko o ni baje o!!!
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by MichaelKukus: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2015
He is using their money, they are embedded in his campaign. He is certainly one of them. JK is not OK. He's just kidding.

#AMBO2015

Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by generaliy07(m): 9:07am On Apr 07, 2015
Has anyone watched the video?

Did anyone else find it hard to see why Igbo leaders would clap after being 'threatened'?

Why would the king allow them to take videos knowing he was going to make such speech?

Could this be planned to gain sympathy votes for the King's cousin, Jimi Agbaje?

I am just thinking, I am not stuupid!
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by PelumiOrungbe: 9:10am On Apr 07, 2015
Akinwunmi Ambode at the very early stages of his CAMPAIGN. We are ONE!! Lagos is home for all.

#VoteAPC #VoteAmbode #VoteCompetence #VoteTransparency #VoteUnity #OneNigeria

Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by KukusB: 9:16am On Apr 07, 2015
Why settle for OK when we can have A+ #Ambode2015.

APC has my vote, a vote for JK is a vote for PDP. We need to leverage on the Federal State Synergy.

#IWillVoteAmbo will you?
Re: Oba Akiolu's Statement: My Advice To Lagos Voters by generaliy07(m): 11:20am On Apr 07, 2015
Ishilove

Lalastica

Seun

Can you help move this? Thanks

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS : Ayiri Emami Defects To APC In Delta State / Important: Updated Nairaland's Rule 2 Is Being Enforced -kudos Seun And His Mods / President-elect Buhari, Be Wary Of Yuguda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.