Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Kano Is A No-man’s Land ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Is A No-man’s Land ? (1046 Views)

Breaking: DSS Director In Kano Is Dead / BREAKING: Director Of Nigerian Secret Police In Kano Is Dead / Lagos Is Igbo(no Man Land).a Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Is A No-man’s Land ? by helinues: 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER wrote;

The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding.

That is just the fact. We should respect each other after all we are all Nigerian. Oba of Eko speech does not represent the voice of Yoruba people.

Vote wisely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Is A No-man’s Land ? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
See suya cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kano Is A No-man’s Land ? by ALAYORMII: 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is sensible

Can a Yoruba man go to Onitsha and say its a no-man's land?

How many Yoruba are contesting for elective post in the East?
Re: Kano Is A No-man’s Land ? by kheart(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
Kano is only for kano indigenes oh, even if u re from d hausa speaking part of d north kano no send u oh.

Even indigenes do undergo rigorous interview during scholarship screening. They re accomodating so long as u didn't cross ur boundary
Re: Kano Is A No-man’s Land ? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Where I come from, Lagos cease to become Yoruba land from the day the name (isele eko) was changed to Lagos.

so why d fuss??

tell that oba say eko(old Yoruba) has been conquered and lost to the western world.

buh I promise yorubas in Lagos that some good culture of old eko will serve for some more time #lastRespect.

question: is kano a no man's land? Share your reason.
answer: kano is not a no man's land BC kano is a name deep rooted in Hausa land. The original taste is still there.

repping onitsha Anambra state.
repping one Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Update Of Lagos Gubernatorial Results From Inec / pictures of roads in Aba, Abia state after 8 years of Governor T.A ORJI in Offic / Apple Buys Nigerian Born Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.