Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo (1483 Views)

Nigeria’s Police Chiefs From Edet To Arase - History About The Police Force / Official Portrait Of Vp-elect, Osinbajo / Ambode And Vice-president Elect Osinbajo Shut Down Alaba Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by LocalChamp: 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORKAPR 07, 2015

Nervous Kaduna State governor, Alhaji Mukhtar Ramalan Yero, on Tuesday morning pre-empted a meeting in the State between Southern Kaduna top traditional rulers and in-coming Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo.

The Director General of Kaduna State All Progressives Congress (APC) Campaign Council, Mr. Ben Kure, disclosed this in a press statement.

Osinbanjo was in Kafanchan to meet critical stakeholders in the area including traditional rulers, Christian leaders, academic, youth and women leaders ahead of Saturday's governorship election.

For the gathering, the over 20 traditional rulers drawn from eight local government areas were on their way to the palace of the Chief of Kagoro, the venue of the meeting, when they received the governor's instruction.

Some of the invited chiefs had already arrived in the vicinity when they received signals warning them against meeting with the Vice-President-elect.

Kure said "The programme was to first meet traditional rulers before church leaders, and we had notified them and they were ready to receive our in-coming Vice President. The meeting was to pay homage and intimate them of what the in-coming Muhammadu Buhari's government has in stock for Nigerians irrespective religion, ethnicity, region or political interests.

He said they were surprised to receive a message that the governor had stopped the meeting and cautioned the invitees to return to their domains. The monarchs complied with the warning.

Kure recalled that Governor Yero had three weeks ago also stopped the then presidential candidate of the APC from holding a campaign at Murtala Square in Kaduna, the state capital, adding that he has now tried to embarrass the incoming Vice President. "Are the people of Kaduna state and their traditional rulers slaves of the governor?” he asked. ‘It is quite unfortunate that Kaduna State is now under an individual who is above the law and ruling with impunity. "He should know that the people of Kaduna State are free people with the right of free association and choice. He will not force people to vote for him, it is a democracy and the voice of the people must be heard. "

On Saturday, Governor Yero faces a big battle for the gubernatorial office at the polls against former Federal Capital Territory Minister, Nasir el-Rufai.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/04/07/kaduna-governor-yero-stops-southern-kaduna-chiefs-meeting-vp-elect-osinbajo
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by missbehave247(m): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by babs01(m): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
PDP is going to an extinction or rather
put a regional party taking over from
APGA.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by abduljabbar8: 6:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
These southern kaduna people. Are his only hope but he is trying to offend them. My fellow kaduna people, I hope you know the right person to vote for.
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by sknice: 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mark my words...he will lose d election

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by kolomax(m): 6:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Better don't start what you cannot finish YERO or na JERO self

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by Bashirfuntua(m): 6:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
mod do something
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by san316(m): 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
RAM Allan Yellow. What is doing you? You want to lose before the election proper.
It is boldly written

It has been stamped

It has been delivered

You are a goner

Nothing can stop you from losing the election.

Gbam!!!

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by bimflash(f): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
his defeat is sure.
chilling till Saturday

change is certain

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by bimflash(f): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
sknice:
Mark my words...he will lose d election

I concur

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by akins56(m): 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by ChrisChino(m): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
ok
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by XketchDesigns(m): 7:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
this guy don fkup, he messed up from the beginning. He didn't do anything meaningful in the state.
His advisers are not doing him well too, he's a classic case of GEJ in the state level.

The only visible project he did was started 2 weeks before February 14. And anybody who uses that road will know it's a very very bad job, done out of desperation. Coming from kawo with speed, if you are not familiar with the road u will think it is same width throughout but when you get to dallet barracks where the road narrows it will b too late to step on the brakes. Very bad job,he should have just left it as it was before, it's not like there was holdup.

Namadi performance was way better than this guy. IMO
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by kheart(m): 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
I no no who dey decieve yero sef, even southern kaduna no go vote for am d way dey comot for gej cos he stop many project there.
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by lovat(m): 7:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
abduljabbar8:
These southern kaduna people. Are his only hope but he is trying to offend them. My fellow kaduna people, I hope you know the right person to vote for.
Yes boss. YerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOooooooooooo
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sai Buhari
Sai El-Rufai
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by Holywizard: 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thats it!! i luv his tactics bt i pray his game works
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by AustineE1: 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
The governor is right,let them wait until he assumes office as a VP....but i wonder if any reasonable southern Kaduna or even Northern Kaduna man will vote El-rufai,the fanatical midget that brought down the houses of poor Nigerians in Abuja and sent them to the streets as refugee,he must pay for his sins.
Re: Kaduna Governor Yero Stops Southern Kaduna Chiefs From Meeting Vp-elect Osinbajo by adanny01(m): 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
It is over even before the elections. El Rufai is Kd st governor. If i were Ram, i wouldnt decieve myself like GEJ did.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Major Hamza Al-mustapha? / Beautiful ASA IGBO Queen Celebrates Nigerian Democracy - Photos / Edo State House Assembly Members Increased Allowance By 20percent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.