Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue (18239 Views)

Husband Pours Super Glue On Wife’s Private Parts Because She Cheated {photo} / Husband Pours Super Glue On Wife’s Private, Accuses Her Of Cheating / Husband Pours Super Glue On Wife's Private Part. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by eddyland: 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
The frustration of a leaking pot can be felt by the time you put that pot on the fire to prepare a meal for the family, then you now noticed that the pot is leaking from the side close to the bottom part, thereby quenching the fire.

You and I know that most times, tinkers are not readily available to fix up the leaking pot, and going to look for one will either take you kilometers apart and if only you will even find them and also waste your time.

Now, we have a home made solution that you can use to fix up that your leaking pot and watch as the leaking pot last for years again even when you fire it with all the hot flames in the house.

The solution that I will be proffering is an easy one that everybody can do and will only cost you one tiny tube of super glue and a chunck of sand.

Bring that your leaking pot and apply super glue on the leaking part (we assume it is a tiny hole) then put a little chunck of sand on it and then again use the super glue to stick up the sand around it and that is all.

You might think that fire will destroy it when you start using it, but you will even get the surprise of your live as fire will even make it stronger as you make use of your patch pot, similar to the way tooth are filled by dentist, as the day goes by the filled tooth becomes stronger.

Try it and come and give testimonies...it is said that necessity is the mother of invention. Enjoy your meal and say no to leaking pot

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Dyt(f): 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
At this jet age?
Ppl still patch pots?
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by freecocoa(f): 7:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
Seriously? Pot patching in this generation? Wow!

1 Like

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Godmother(f): 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dyt:
At this jet age?
Ppl still patch pots?

undecided undecided

Lolz
Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by economia: 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
eddyland:
The frustration of a leaking pot can be felt by the time you put that pot on the fire and want to prepare a meal that the family will eat, then you now noticed that the pot is leaking from the side close to the bottom part, thereby quenching the fire.

You and I know that most times, tinkers are not readily available to fix up the leaking pot, and going to look for one will either take you kilometers apart and if only you will even find one and also waste your time.

Now, we have a home made solution that you can use to fix up that your leaking pot and watch as the leaking pot last for years again even when you fire it will all the hot flames in the house.

The solution that I will be proffering is an easy one that everybody can do and will only cost you one tiny tube of super glue and a chunck of sand.

Bring that your leaking pot and apply super glue on the leaking part (we assume it is a tiny hole) then put a little chunck of sand on it and then again use the super glue to stick up the sand around it and that is all.

You might think that fire will destroy it when you start using it, but you will even get the surprise of your live as fire will even make it stronger as you make use of your patch pot, similar to the way tooth are filled by dentist, as the day goes by the filled tooth becomes stronger.

Try it and come and give testimonies...it is said that necessity is the mother of invention. Enjoy your meal and say no to leaking pot
Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by kristen12(f): 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
They'll soon start pretending as if they've never patched a pot in their life

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Y not just buy a new one and b careful next time of things dat can puncture ur pot.
Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by LewsTherin: 1:31am On Apr 08, 2015
I don't know about glue and all but in the old days, a simple patch from last night's eba did the trick!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by eddyland: 6:01am On Apr 08, 2015
qbd2:
Y not just buy a new one and b careful next time of things dat can puncture ur pot.
so anytime your pot leaks you jst buy a new one huh! Is that how you buy your own things?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 08, 2015
@ OP, can i use the super glue idea for business? Just to get a small shop titled pot mender and after the application of glue, i will cover the patch with a black paint.
Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by DeHero1: 6:49am On Apr 08, 2015
Dyt:
At this jet age?
Ppl still patch pots?
undecided undecided

...and what about it. Anyway, I understand u live in V.I.

Op... Thanks jare. How can we patch plates, cups and spoons?

6 Likes

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by thepatroit: 8:40am On Apr 08, 2015
Thanks @op. I'll give it a try and get back to you. But won't the smell of the super glue affect the food?
Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by bongolistik(m): 9:04am On Apr 08, 2015
thepatroit:
Thanks @op. I'll give it a try and get back to you. But won't the smell of the super glue affect the food?
No, the heat from the fire will neutralize the smell and remember that you are patching from outer part and not from inside the pot

1 Like

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by edwife(f): 9:45am On Apr 08, 2015
freecocoa:

Really? are you serious when asking this question?

How many people can afford a three square meal in this same generation not to talk of spending it on a pot?

7 Likes

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 08, 2015
Dyt:
At this jet age?
Ppl still patch pots?
undecided undecided

Swerve!

2 Likes

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Juzzybabe(f): 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
Some people be like 'in this jet age?' but go their houses and see dem stil dey battle with kerosine stove or even firewood in this same jet age. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by delpee(f): 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Are you sure that the super glue will not slowly seep into your food?
Is it not hazardous to health?

I believe there are people who mend pots by patching with metal or aluminium. I heard about it when someone enquired in respect of 'koko irin' -those big iron pots used for commercial cooking. Pot sellers should know.

1 Like

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 09, 2015
eddyland:
so anytime your pot leaks you jst buy a new one huh! Is that how you buy your own things?
Yes cosmypot rarelyleaks. What uvebeenccooking nails in ur pott?
Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Oluwatoyin8(f): 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
Thanks I will give it a try
Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by ifex370(m): 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2019
freecocoa:

I'm.about to patch my pot now tongue

1 Like

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by rubyio: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2020
I tried using Glue with baking powder on my electric kettle, it held for about 2 months and gave way again.

I will give the glue + sand a try.

Thanks @OP.

1 Like

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Steady259(m): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2020
Nice one op. Forget those broke ass niggasa forming jet-age.......
Actually learned something new. Will relate to wifey

1 Like

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by 4X4: 4:55am On Aug 29, 2020
It's a lie it doesn't work there's a a better alternative
Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by andyanders: 6:47am On Aug 29, 2020
kristen12:
They'll soon start pretending as if they've never patched a pot in their life
I wouldn't know why most of we Africans think with our anus. Someone came up with a solution that will profer a cure, some people who can't even creat an idea, would come to say ' are people still patching their pot in this age'

Are we not living among some of the less privileged people? If a whiteman comes up with such an idea, we start helling them.

Inventors started inventing things by coming up with simple theories.

Op, kudus to you.

1 Like

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Pickmycall: 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2023
Dyt:
At this jet age?
Ppl still patch pots?
undecided undecided
You go throw the pot away.
Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Pickmycall: 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2023
LewsTherin:
I don't know about glue and all but in the old days, a simple patch from last night's eba did the trick!!! grin grin grin
I use eba, the water wash am comot.E still dey leak.But as I use super glue,the pot leaking stops.Op thanks.
Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Pickmycall: 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2023
4X4:
It works for me right now.This is the kind of glue I applied on the leaking area

Re: How To Patch A Leaking Pot With Sand And Super Glue by Pickmycall: 3:14pm On Feb 15, 2023
4X4:
The leaking area.

(1) (Reply)

Four Family Members, 7 Others Die Of Suspected Food Poisoning In Benue (Photos) / Is It Ever Okay To Make Little Babies Up ( Photos ) / As A Parent, Share Those Crazy/funny Act Of Your Kids You Witnessed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.