Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Urgent Pls Advice Needed NIPOST Being Dubious ???? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urgent Pls Advice Needed NIPOST Being Dubious ???? (494 Views)

Abba Kyari Cuts Dubious Financial Deals Under Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Okonjo-Iweala: Oshiomhole After Me Because I Blocked His ‘Dubious N15bn Loan’ / Atiku Formed Dubious Coalition With Saraki And Obj Because Of 2019 - Omatseye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Pls Advice Needed NIPOST Being Dubious ???? by sheymaziggy: 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
i know this is the wrong place to place this but i need urgent advice,
I sent a laptop to my brother, it arrived the nipost facility, on getting there my brother was told to pay 28k to collect the item, he asked what it is for, they told him custom clearance fee, i told him i have already paid for that at usps before shipping it, so please is that money illegal or its normal ?
Re: Urgent Pls Advice Needed NIPOST Being Dubious ???? by bigtt76(f): 9:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
The amount plenty sha BUT USPS don't handle clearing of packages to Nigeria. They only transfer to the local ppst office for you to go and clear. You must have mis-understood the fees you paid to USPS. Even when you pay ...its called partial import duty and you are warned it might not be enough to cover the destination country charges. Let your brother beg them for a lower fee before laptop go loss o grin
Re: Urgent Pls Advice Needed NIPOST Being Dubious ???? by sheymaziggy: 10:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
bigtt76:
The amount plenty sha BUT USPS don't handle clearing of packages to Nigeria. They only transfer to the local ppst office for you to go and clear. You must have mis-understood the fees you paid to USPS. Even when you pay ...its called partial import duty and you are warned it might not be enough to cover the destination country charges. Let your brother beg them for a lower fee before laptop go loss o grin
Alright thanks ,but na wa o ,I guess I would tell my bro to drop d tanga make e beg ,this is total nonsense with no choice
Re: Urgent Pls Advice Needed NIPOST Being Dubious ???? by SmilingHarry(m): 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
it is the Custom Service that calculate the charges,NIPOST only collect on their behalf. NIPOST only charge handling fees which is not more than N500 Naira because USPS do not give NIPOST money for delivering the item

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Confesses – “I Was High On Orijin” / Who Is Nigeria's Most Interesting President Ever? / President Jonathan Urged France To Support Buhari's Government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.