Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid (67556 Views)

Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector Expands In May / Woman Incurs N757,000 Debt At A Bar In Lagos (See List Of Items) / This Is How Much Prices Of Items Have Skyrocketed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
voltron:
Some may complain about the shipping cost and import deposit fees. but for me it is the confidence of buying original (heavily-discounted) stuff. I made at least 89% cost savings buying a watch sold by two popular jewellers on Lagos Island priced between N562k to N600k.. wink
Was there any additional cost you paid when the goods reached Nigeria? And please remind me what was your total shipping cost through UPS
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by justi4jesu(f): 2:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
voltron:
Some may complain about the shipping cost and import deposit fees. but for me it is the confidence of buying original (heavily-discounted) stuff. I made at least 89% cost savings buying a watch sold by two popular jewellers on Lagos Island priced between N562k to N600k.. wink

Imagine you paid more than 10k to have your watch delivered while other local freighters can send same watch as low as #4,300 or Less to lagos.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ibietela2(m): 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2015
voltron:
Well .. just to update the house.. my goods arrived yesterday - UPS delivered straight into my hands and i signed for it.

@2scorehigh
@adesegun121
@afanide
@amguud
@ammyluv2002
@Anaebi
@Arogba
@bankot123
@Bawsse
@benzion72
@bimbor
@BlackBaron
@bright007
@BuddhaPalm
@Canme4u
@cecegorz
@Chiaka
@ChukwuCantDie
@d33types
@deadie
@dicapino
@django1
@DualCore1
@duwdu
@ecel
@Equalizer
@FitnessNigeria
@FMary
@gmyguy
@GodMode
@goofyone
@hammedkola
@ibietela2
@infogenius
@Ishaka440
@iwriterng
@jcmaiah
@JideTheBlogger
@justi4jesu
@Kizeeto
@kolomax
@Lastdon02
@Lilshorecords
@LordReed
@MightyFortress
@mikron
@mintyx
@mulattoclaro
@n3rve
@naijacutee
@nairalandist
@niceguy7
@ocheejemb
@ojnnaco
@omanifrank
@Ontarget
@OrderBay
@podosci
@Prodeegee
@rexbuton
@richidinho
@sharpboyus
@sosanova
@stiles009
@sunnshyn
@tartar9
@Tejflow
@TheRealAdonye
@tmcleo2k2
@Tobiustobius
@traware
@ureach
@Viciyus
@worldgee101
@Youssouff10
@zed7
@ZINSOU

The shipping is too costly
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
justi4jesu:

Imagine you paid more than 10k to have your watch delivered while other local freighters can send same watch as low as #4,300 or Less to lagos.

yes I did. if I were to buy it using local freighters and reshippers I would pay at N270+ to a dollar plus nearly N10k shipping. it pays me to do it this way.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by justi4jesu(f): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
voltron:

yes I did. if I were to buy it using local freighters and reshippers I would pay at N270+ to a dollar plus nearly N10k shipping. it pays me to do it this way.

lol @ N270 to a dollar, the highest charged was N220 to a dollar so where did you get N270 from, $20 is charged for shipping a wristwatch from US to Nigeria. Even shipping a tablet isn't up to #10,000. smiley
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Canme4u(m): 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
voltron:
Well .. just to update the house.. my goods arrived yesterday - UPS delivered straight into my hands and i signed for it.

@2scorehigh
@adesegun121
@afanide
@amguud
@ammyluv2002
@Anaebi
@Arogba
@bankot123
@Bawsse
@benzion72
@bimbor
@BlackBaron
@bright007
@BuddhaPalm
@Canme4u
@cecegorz
@Chiaka
@ChukwuCantDie
@d33types
@deadie
@dicapino
@django1
@DualCore1
@duwdu
@ecel
@Equalizer
@FitnessNigeria
@FMary
@gmyguy
@GodMode
@goofyone
@hammedkola
@ibietela2
@infogenius
@Ishaka440
@iwriterng
@jcmaiah
@JideTheBlogger
@justi4jesu
@Kizeeto
@kolomax
@Lastdon02
@Lilshorecords
@LordReed
@MightyFortress
@mikron
@mintyx
@mulattoclaro
@n3rve
@naijacutee
@nairalandist
@niceguy7
@ocheejemb
@ojnnaco
@omanifrank
@Ontarget
@OrderBay
@podosci
@Prodeegee
@rexbuton
@richidinho
@sharpboyus
@sosanova
@stiles009
@sunnshyn
@tartar9
@Tejflow
@TheRealAdonye
@tmcleo2k2
@Tobiustobius
@traware
@ureach
@Viciyus
@worldgee101
@Youssouff10
@zed7
@ZINSOU

thanks 4d update.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
ibietela2:

The shipping is too costly

Brother. Dem measure the goods kilo by?

Na this increase of dollar cos am ohh.

Me no order anything again. Until dollar don come down
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ibietela2(m): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Viciyus:

Brother. Dem measure the goods kilo by?

Na this increase of dollar cos am ohh.

Me no order anything again. Until dollar don come down

Yeah, i wanted to purchase a tablet of less than 15 but after transportation fee the total cost is 26k+ shocked
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
ibietela2:

Yeah, i wanted to purchase a tablet of less than 15 but after transportation fee the total cost is 26k+ shocked

Haaaa.

Mennn. Na big lost ohh.

I go advice just hold on ohhh. Make we see how this dollars thin dey go. Cos now I dey hear say he increase to 220 to 1 dollar
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ibietela2(m): 4:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
Viciyus:

Haaaa.

Mennn. Na big lost ohh.

I go advice just hold on ohhh. Make we see how this dollars thin dey go. Cos now I dey hear say he increase to 220 to 1 dollar

They have only one shipping option....... 3 to 7 days.

197/$
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
ibietela2:

They have only one shipping option....... 3 to 7 days.

197/$

Haaaa thank God dollars don reduce.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by ibietela2(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
Viciyus:

Haaaa thank God dollars don reduce.

I hope so....... Konga and Jumia go sit up when they notice.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2015
justi4jesu:

lol @ N270 to a dollar, the highest charged was N220 to a dollar so where did you get N270 from, $20 is charged for shipping a wristwatch from US to Nigeria. Even shipping a tablet isn't up to #10,000. smiley

I meant when i used a local provider not amazon.. try these guys bringitbay.com and see how much they charge you in USD-Naira
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Intellab(m): 7:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
voltron:
Since 2012 I used a couple of expensive methods to purchase goods off Amazon not limited to the following
1: Buy and Ship to American Address of a Friend arriving Nigeria in a week or two
2: Use Nigerian Shops who buy on your behalf and ship at exorbitant prices and +5% Black Market USD$
3: Use American re-shipping and forwarding agents such as MyUs.com

all the above did not exactly satisfy my hunger for original/premium quality goods. Rather than fight with Nigerian shops selling knock-offs or out-dated and on-sale goods for more than 5 times the price on Amazon. I decided to try Amazon today and viola!! they do ship to Nigeria using my GTBank MasterCard. I quickly placed an order for some items and checked-out my cart. goods should arrive this April 17 at most.

My Question is.. How are Nigerian Entrepreneurs going to match Amazon in pricing and quality. Jumia and Konga have only raised the hunger for online shopping without the capacity to meet it appropriately. but with Amazon in the picture.. won't Nigerians move their purchases elsewhere.. what happens to the affiliate marketing schemes and other online retailers like SLOT etc.
I still prefer ebay over them
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by LordReed(m): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2015
voltron:

@2scorehigh
@adesegun121
@afanide
@amguud
@ammyluv2002
@Anaebi
@Arogba
@bankot123
@Bawsse
@benzion72
@bimbor
@BlackBaron
@bright007
@BuddhaPalm
@Canme4u
@cecegorz
@Chiaka
@ChukwuCantDie
@d33types
@deadie
@dicapino
@django1
@DualCore1
@duwdu
@ecel
@Equalizer
@FitnessNigeria
@FMary
@gmyguy
@GodMode
@goofyone
@hammedkola
@ibietela2
@infogenius
@Ishaka440
@iwriterng
@jcmaiah
@JideTheBlogger
@justi4jesu
@Kizeeto
@kolomax
@Lastdon02
@Lilshorecords
@LordReed
@MightyFortress
@mikron
@mintyx
@mulattoclaro
@n3rve
@naijacutee
@nairalandist
@niceguy7
@ocheejemb
@ojnnaco
@omanifrank
@Ontarget
@OrderBay
@podosci
@Prodeegee
@rexbuton
@richidinho
@sharpboyus
@sosanova
@stiles009
@sunnshyn
@tartar9
@Tejflow
@TheRealAdonye
@tmcleo2k2
@Tobiustobius
@traware
@ureach
@Viciyus
@worldgee101
@Youssouff10
@zed7
@ZINSOU

Not bad as percentages go. Was it only one item?

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
LordReed:

Not bad as percentages go. Was it only one item?

4 actually.. but my next order I will consider the weight, clothes, shoes, electronics cos it pays more even at those rates because. these items are heavily discounted (at least 70%}
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by mikron(m): 5:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
voltron:
wow thats nice bro, how much did u get the watch?
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by mikron(m): 5:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
voltron:

@2scorehigh
@adesegun121
@afanide
@amguud
@ammyluv2002
@Anaebi
@Arogba
@bankot123
@Bawsse
@benzion72
@bimbor
@BlackBaron
@bright007
@BuddhaPalm
@Canme4u
@cecegorz
@Chiaka
@ChukwuCantDie
@d33types
@deadie
@dicapino
@django1
@DualCore1
@duwdu
@ecel
@Equalizer
@FitnessNigeria
@FMary
@gmyguy
@GodMode
@goofyone
@hammedkola
@ibietela2
@infogenius
@Ishaka440
@iwriterng
@jcmaiah
@JideTheBlogger
@justi4jesu
@Kizeeto
@kolomax
@Lastdon02
@Lilshorecords
@LordReed
@MightyFortress
@mikron
@mintyx
@mulattoclaro
@n3rve
@naijacutee
@nairalandist
@niceguy7
@ocheejemb
@ojnnaco
@omanifrank
@Ontarget
@OrderBay
@podosci
@Prodeegee
@rexbuton
@richidinho
@sharpboyus
@sosanova
@stiles009
@sunnshyn
@tartar9
@Tejflow
@TheRealAdonye
@tmcleo2k2
@Tobiustobius
@traware
@ureach
@Viciyus
@worldgee101
@Youssouff10
@zed7
@ZINSOU

happy for u, i hope to order for some stuffs too
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
Until Buhari makes the value of naira from #1 to $1.. shipping of any kind of goods won't cross my mind for now..

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
mikron:
happy for u, i hope to order for some stuffs too

I am hooked already, shipping costs are high for single items, however my formula is to buy heavily discounted goods (at least 70% discount) to console me when the shipping costs hit me. still, this is far cheaper than buying here
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by mikron(m): 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
voltron:

I am hooked already, shipping costs are high for single items, however my formula is to buy heavily discounted goods (at least 70% discount) to console me when the shipping costs hit me. still, this is far cheaper than buying here
exactly, are you buying from aliexpress, Amazon or eBay?
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 17, 2015
mikron:
exactly, are you buying from aliexpress, Amazon or eBay?

Amazon and HawesAndCurtis are the only online shops i deal with - shipping times scare me away from Aliexpress. i have not used ebay before
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by mikron(m): 11:43am On Apr 17, 2015
voltron:

Amazon and HawesAndCurtis are the only online shops i deal with - shipping times scare me away from Aliexpress. i have not used ebay before
ok, i think ebay will be better for me, dont know why i like them though. besides whats ur method of payment? mastercard, paypal or u use third party mode of payment?
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 17, 2015
mikron:
ok, i think ebay will be better for me, dont know why i like them though. besides whats ur method of payment? mastercard, paypal or u use third party mode of payment?

GTBank MasterCard (Naira)
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by mikron(m): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
voltron:

GTBank MasterCard (Naira)
wow are u serious? do they accept gtb mastercard? i thought they dont, honestly i thought they only accept paypal. wow i have a gtb mastercard, i think i ll give it a try. good news bro
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 05, 2015
Voltron pls when next u are shipping, pls holla me, wud luv to get a belt frm Amazon

1 Like

Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 05, 2015
Gunbiz:
Voltron pls when next u are shipping, pls holla me, wud luv to get a belt frm Amazon

OK. . I am in the US now so I guess shipping is a non issue
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 05, 2015
voltron:

OK. . I am in the US now so I guess shipping is a non issue

So when are u coming back, wud pm u also
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 05, 2015
Gunbiz:

Checking

So when are u coming back, wud pm u also
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 06, 2015
[quote author=voltron post=33454659][/quote]

Hw far
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 5:01am On May 07, 2015
Gunbiz:

Hw far

Post the link here. Yahoo is asking for my MTN line to confirm where I am logging in from.
Re: Amazon Expands Shipping Of Items To Nigeria - Jumia/konga Etc Be Afraid by Nobody: 6:13am On May 07, 2015
voltron:

Post the link here. Yahoo is asking for my MTN line to confirm where I am logging in from.

Can u pls help me order this belt http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0071I8PHO/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_2?colid=1P3FMJB6BAEV9&coliid=I2KQDIFZQYIG3Z&vs=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga Has A Message For Ladies Sliding Into His DM / Dynamics Intelligence Shuts Operations In Nigeria / GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.